Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing Is Caring--NPCs can steal certain things but you can't?

I've about had it with the Sharing Is Caring NAP! It wasn't annoying me as some of the others until the Sims kept repeatedly stealing a sink from the community lot. However, your sim does not have the option to steal such a thing? Why can't you at least be able to steal the same exact things as NPCs????? That would at least make things *slightly* less annoying. Ugh, this pack. It keeps annoying me with these outrageously spammy and obnoxiously programmed Neighborhood Action Plans. Developers please fix these things fast!

Comments

• puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    You can turn off NPC voting in the settings until this is fixed.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    You have to level up mischief to be able to steal more objects, or so I've heard.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I also feel like we can't get juiced, only other sims do? Or am I missing something?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    You have to level up mischief to be able to steal more objects, or so I've heard.

I think I tried that and it doesn't seem to apply to this plan. I will have to max one to level 10 and do it.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I agree 100% It's so annoying when they take stuff but you can't. And it's other worlds and even not in world doing it. My vampire had walls full of masterpieces and I watched one get stolen. So I set out to have her for dinner (HaHa) But when i tried to find her she was NOT IN WORLD. So not fair. Screen here.
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I've about had it with the Sharing Is Caring NAP! It wasn't annoying me as some of the others until the Sims kept repeatedly stealing a sink from the community lot. However, your sim does not have the option to steal such a thing? Why can't you at least be able to steal the same exact things as NPCs????? That would at least make things *slightly* less annoying. Ugh, this pack. It keeps annoying me with these outrageously spammy and obnoxiously programmed Neighborhood Action Plans. Developers please fix these things fast!

Behappy1st wrote: »
    I agree 100% It's so annoying when they take stuff but you can't. And it's other worlds and even not in world doing it. My vampire had walls full of masterpieces and I watched one get stolen. So I set out to have her for dinner (HaHa) But when i tried to find her she was NOT IN Whats Screem not screen ha ha.
    ORLD. So not fair. Screen here.

I agree 100% It's so annoying when they take stuff but you can't. And it's other worlds and even not in world doing it. My vampire had walls full of masterpieces and I watched one get stolen. So I set out to have her for dinner (HaHa) Over and over again. But when i tried to find her she was NOT IN World.
    So not fair. Scream here. I swear computers drive me crazy. I type one thing and it puts something else instead.

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My sim is stealing his own item at home even without the NAP active.
  • Kalyps0Kalyps0 Posts: 35 Member
    One of the venues is almost empty dut to sharing is caring...apparently three of my sims stole items but only one showed an item in their inventory. I also watched a sim enter their home and steal a laptop. I was unable to stop them in time. I then found the cheat to stop this but, I was wondering if there is a way to restore a venue to its original settings? The venu was Planet Honey Hop. None of the seats nor tables are left :'(
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Sadly that doesn't disable them though. You'd have to go in and play in every neighborhood and disable it by hand
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member

how do we do this??
    please
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

mine to and he doesnt have a bad trait and I dont have sharing is caring.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »

mine to and he doesnt have a bad trait and I dont have sharing is caring.

Does he have the recycle trait? That could be causing it if he went a long time without recycling something.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Kalyps0 wrote: »
    One of the venues is almost empty dut to sharing is caring...apparently three of my sims stole items but only one showed an item in their inventory. I also watched a sim enter their home and steal a laptop. I was unable to stop them in time. I then found the cheat to stop this but, I was wondering if there is a way to restore a venue to its original settings? The venu was Planet Honey Hop. None of the seats nor tables are left :'(

I think you can replace the lot in Manage Worlds. There might be a copy of the original in your library. If there isn't one in your library, there's almost certain to be one in the gallery.
  • cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    I turned off the eco life settings and sims keep coming to my lot to steal stuff all the time. I don't know what else I can do, it's so annoying...
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member

how do we do this??
    please

That does not fix it. That's part of the complaints. There are some other threads on this, but the short version is you need to shift-click a mailbox and instant-repeal the NAP in every neighborhood, one by one til you check every neighborhood in your game to get rid of it.

To answer your question on how to disable NPC voting, go to Options Menu->Game Options -> Eco Lifestyle -> uncheck the box.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    cherrysim_ wrote: »
    I turned off the eco life settings and sims keep coming to my lot to steal stuff all the time. I don't know what else I can do, it's so annoying...

Have you tried the shift-click mailbox solution? You need to play a household that lives on Residential lot in that same neighborhood where you see the problem. When you play their household, shift-click on their mailbox to pull up the instant repeal option.
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real