March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to place community spaces in other worlds?

I have been trying to import from the galery but it wont allow me...

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    You need the community space one first. Once you have that, you can choose to download and add (or build your own) for the garden, marketplace and makerspace. I don't think you can just download a makerspace and it works. You might be able to if you go into build mode, make the lot a blank community space then add the one you like. You will still have to go to live mode though and activate it, either by legit voting or cheating it up.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I placed one in another world and built it from scratch. I spent a lot of time building and decorating the derelict lot and then changed to marketspace. I thought everything (building and decorations) will carry over but only the building did. When I was done decorating the market space I saved the lot to library, not sure if it saves just the one lot or all of them combined. Afterwards I placed the saved lot from the library in the community garden and maker space, so now all three are the same.
    It does save them all separately to the gallery. So, if you are currently in the mode to build the garden and then save it, it will save it as a community garden. If you want to import and export all 4 modes, you will have to activate in build mode and save all 4. You can also import a community space, go into build mode and change the other 3 or download a different version if you wish as long as the tags match (eg, replace a garden space with a garden space).
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Camkat @crocobaura thank you for answering. But i still don't know where do i find the community space to place it... the initial one...
    telmarina wrote: »
    @Camkat @crocobaura thank you for answering. But i still don't know where do i find the community space to place it... the initial one...

Any lot can be a community space, you just have to go to any blank lot and change the tag (like bar, gym etc) to community space. :)
    Camkat wrote: »

Any lot can be a community space, you just have to go to any blank lot and change the tag (like bar, gym etc) to community space. :)

Ohh i look like a noob lol but i don't know how to change tags. I usually just go to the galery and place a lot and it normally works...? 😬
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited June 2020

Ohh i look like a noob lol but i don't know how to change tags. I usually just go to the galery and place a lot and it normally works...? 😬

From the lot information panel, you can choose the lot type. You need to choose Community Space lot type and then you will have another panel where you can choose from the 4 sub-types to modify (derelict, market, garden, or maker space).

Yeah, that normally does work! I would expect to work for this too but it doesn't... likely because there's 4 types of spaces? I don't know.

Anyways, you can change the lot type by entering build mode and the top left corner there's a house icon. Clicking that should bring up a drop down list and you can select the type of lot you'd like it to be. :)
    edited June 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

From the lot information panel, you can choose the lot type. You need to choose Community Space lot type and then you will have another panel where you can choose from the 4 sub-types to modify (derelict, market, garden, or maker space).

Thank you so much @crocobaura and @Camkat !
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Question - I am trying to build a Market place community lot. Is there a step by step guide? I have placed all the requirements but when I go to leave it says I am missing items. I am very confused on these new community lots
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    verlainem wrote: »
    Question - I am trying to build a Market place community lot. Is there a step by step guide? I have placed all the requirements but when I go to leave it says I am missing items. I am very confused on these new community lots

I'm pretty sure it will say that until you've built all 4 types of spaces. Even if you don't use the maker space (for example) the lot type requires it just in case you might you want to change it and your sims vote a different space.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @verlainem If you have the information panel open at the top left hand side while in build mode, it will highlight the lot types which do not have all the requirements fulfilled. Then you can see exactly what you need to add to which lot type from the list before it is marked as complete.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @verlainem If you have the information panel open at the top left hand side while in build mode, it will highlight the lot types which do not have all the requirements fulfilled. Then you can see exactly what you need to add to which lot type from the list before it is marked as complete.

Thank you, I did finally figure it out - I am a terrible builder though lol. I did get it to work and will find a few nice ones in the gallery lol. Might be going and deleting some houses so I can have a community lot in every neighbourhood.
    EA ID burnished_dragon