Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Remastered version of the Sims 2 Castaway?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 2
As the title says...

I wouldn't mind a remastered version of the Sims 2 Castaway. o:)

With many older games being remastered (such as my childhood game when very young, Spongebob: The Battle for Bikini Bottom, or Destroy All Humans!), I feel like Maxis should start releasing some remastered editions of their older games for the nostalgia - especially since it is difficult, but not impossible, to run older games on newer systems.

More successful older games that can be remade:
1. The Urbz: Sims In The City
2. The Sims Medieval
3. The Sims 2 Castaway
4. SimCity 4
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like a Remastered version of the Sims 2 Castaway? 64 votes

Yes
92%
SZ5061Rhian2005lisamwittCamkatIsb917MaryVannDevSims91loubyloulouGothangelCyazuraiDarkLady2788morozsvLustianiciaSPARKY1922bestfrienemies14bluelightingSpatzhalloweenchildSunflowergal227becks1112 59 votes
Yes
7%
duhboy2u2delicadoRouensimsEllupelluelluGilbertStrangePenny 5 votes

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yes
    I feel like Urbz really deserves this 😭😭
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Actually, yes... I honestly wouldn't mind a remastered version of 'Castaway'... in fact, I would actually LOVE to see 'Urbz' get remastered as well! That was the only console Sims game I actually really enjoyed!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Haha i like the options 😊
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Yes
    I came here to answer yes, only to be shocked that both of the options are yes.

So every user who participates in the poll are supposed to be a yes-user?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Yes
    Best Colton poll ever <3 TEAM BLUE ROCKS!

Castaway is my far favourite game <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    Yes
    they need to remaster A LOT of things! Especially The Sims Complete Collection for PC & Mobile, and all console games need to be remastered to Mobile, I would love to play all of The Sims PS2 games on my iPad! I will pay again idc
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never played it the first time, so maybe.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    I remember looking for Castaway everywhere when the Sims 2 was in it's prime, I could never find it, I always loved the idea of playing as a sim who washed up on a "deserted" island and had to survive or escape. I've tried playing a Castaway save using IL in TS4 but it didn't really pan out. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Yes definitely!
    Also about The Urbz. I don't know how that would work nowadays 'cause the Urbz is such a full-out 2000s style game but I would love to see it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no since i would not play it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I wouldn’t mind it!! I only played Castaway on psp but I had fun.
    But I didn’t like it as much as the Urbz, I’d love it if they redid the Urbz.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    I would love a remastered version of several Sims games.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Yes
    A collection of the console games would be neat, especially if the building limits were removed. You always had to have bare looking very spaced out 'functional' lots

Ive been playing all the console games on emulators recently, and they are quite enjoyable. The handheld series (aside from the PSP games) seems to think of itself as its own continuity though
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yes
    I think they did'nt made it possible to play SIms 4 in the Nintendo Switch cuz that device wouldn't be able to run all of its packs, so... Would be a good excuse to remaster older games for that platform.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    I never played the Urbz game, but I played the other console games.
    Sims 1 on console was my first Sims experience... I had a family in Free Play, and the mum was cooking dinner when she caught fire and died.... the Grim Reaper showed up and I freaked out and declared that I was never going to play The Sims ever again... famous last words LMAO :D:D:D
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes
    Sims 1 on console was my first Sims experience... I had a family in Free Play, and the mum was cooking dinner when she caught fire and died.... the Grim Reaper showed up and I freaked out and declared that I was never going to play The Sims ever again... famous last words LMAO :D:D:D

Adults can't die in FreePlay, only seniors.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Yes

Adults can't die in FreePlay, only seniors.

Ahhh, I should’ve phrased that better. I meant Free Play mode in The Sims console, not the FreePlay app!! I think it’s just called “Play The Sims”.
  • PingliPingli Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    A lot of Sims games deserve a remaster or at least some sort of port, honestly, I'd love to see a lot of older console Sims games brought back on Nintendo Switch. Oh and I genuinely miss the era when Sims on the console was its own thing with a different story, gameplay, mechanics, and so on.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes
    Yes! I loved the castaways! Always wanted them to get more...everything. It was a great Sims spin-off that should get more TLC and love.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    Castaway was my favorite spin off. I think I even owned them all on their different platforms. I have really been itching for a good spin off in the Sims 4 generation.

I loved Medieval and Urbs, too. Honestly, the old console ports that were their own games were pretty great, as well. Now I have no reason to buy anything Sims on console.
  • NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    Yes
    Castaway is the only spin off I enjoy because Medieval failed at literally everything it tried doing. But Castaway made the idea of being stranded on an island pretty interesting. Sims 4 has off the grid options that I love so much simply because they remind me a bit of the challenges I faced in Castaway, but they're unfortunately not the same.
  • Candrea2711Candrea2711 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    Honestly, I absolutely love the sims 2 castaway on the PlayStation! I tried the stories version and it really fell flat for me. I would love for them to remaster the console version of the castaway! I don't really care if it was the exact same and looks nothing like the new versions of sims.
  • blainers01blainers01 Posts: 1 New Member
    All of the sims 2 titles should be remastered! They're all so good
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    Yes
    Medieval and castaway are fine/recent enough for me as they are. I wouldn't mind them remastered but I woudn't care much. I would be really interested in Urbz being remastered though.
  • o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    I don't like remastered games, usually they turn out bad. I just want the old game of Sims 2