Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Industrial Eco Footprint : Mission Impossible

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

The Sims Studio want so much to make easy the Green Eco Footprint that it becomes impossible to keep the Industrial Eco Footprint in a neighborhood no matter how many generators and fireplaces are active.

4 days to decrease but 1 day to go back to Neutral Eco footprint.

The only way is to apply the cheat code every day.

An Industrial lot trait is also missing to prevent it.

For example, Industrial Eco Footprint : 9 but it's positively Green.

w08d8judfkpg.jpg
1ho74qshjpcv.jpeg
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    It's about The Green Agenda. My sim wants to talk eco with everybody. I don't mind when she is in Evergreen Harbour because we the community is tired of being complacent and wants to clean up their world. Then she goes to the Magic Realm and she wants to do that every 5 seconds with everybody. "Sweetie listen to me the 3 Sages are there they will protect the health of The Magic Realm. Magic is what protects The Magic Realm from pollution and other horrible things that exist outside it." I keep yelling at the screen I am sure if my husband didn't know I was playing The Sims he might think I was losing my mind. I haven't tried for a dystopian game yet. I want to try to enforce The Green Agenda first. Then when I'm ready I'll try for a dystopian game. I'm sure by then it'll be easier with mods.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Sim had all green eco footprint and then it disappeared like 3 days later. Idk what happened but it’s back to neutral now.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    I add 13 generators in the basement and 2 trashplants in the other lots (they are tagged Industrial on the map)

There is a negative footprint.

For this neighborhood I put 39 objects : 12 campfires, 19 generators and 8 trashplants (4 neighbors).

hvzr7y22omsl.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    How are the houses in the rest of the neighborhood? Also, remove the grass, put cement or metal floors down.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Yes! why is it! I need some neibrghoood as industrial. And it is so hard! And I dislike fact that other world have no trash on floor as Evergreen Ha. :( I was hope that all world be change. but no. And it so hard get industrial zone for long tiime!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Check out Carl's review posted over in the discussions section. He goes into what's going on with this.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hmmmmm this sounds so complicated. I'm still in the process of purging so I didn't get around to playing too much. But for me I only wanted to play in pollution. So I went to each neighborhood and put the cheat in to get it to whatever footprint of my choosing and paused it there in the menu. So that's one option for people who don't mind doing it that way
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AlieDizzyAlieDizzy Posts: 2 New Member
    @Babykittyjade @LeGardePourpre
    If you make a town industrial and disable the changes in eco footprint in the settings does it stays as « industrial » or does it just removes any environment thing and just leaves it as « neutral » like the vanilla game is???
  • AlieDizzyAlieDizzy Posts: 2 New Member

^
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There should be a filter in BB mode that lets you see only eco green items or only eco industrial items. It’s annoying having to sift through all of the floors for example just to find some with an industrial footprint.
    edited June 2020
    @AlieDizzy

The option freezes the current state.

@Chazzzy

Yes, I'm surprised they create Off-the-grid category and forget to add an Eco Footprint category
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Has anyone figured out how to reliably make an area industrial yet?

I have been building in San Myshuno with little thought on what I used, and the two non-apartment Lots are showing an industrial footprint. So I went into the apartments and changed the floors and walls to industrial ones but they still show as neutral.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I think they need to look at the system itself for changing the eco footprint, because this doesn't just happen with the industrial foot print. I have put every item I could into making all the lots in port promise green, all lots have the green footprint, but the neighborhood itself keeps going back to neutral within a day. It shouldn't do that. The system changes back to neutral far to easily from either of the other states.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hmmmmm this sounds so complicated. I'm still in the process of purging so I didn't get around to playing too much. But for me I only wanted to play in pollution. So I went to each neighborhood and put the cheat in to get it to whatever footprint of my choosing and paused it there in the menu. So that's one option for people who don't mind doing it that way

Does it actually pauses? Because in my game when i use that options toggle it reverts to neutral instead of pausing...
    My main interest in this pack was the ability to have polluted neighbourhoods and just leave them like that.
    AlieDizzy wrote: »
    If you make a town industrial and disable the changes in eco footprint in the settings does it stays as « industrial » or does it just removes any environment thing and just leaves it as « neutral » like the vanilla game is???

It doesn't stay like it's suppose to. I'm still testing out mods that's suppose to fix this. Waiting to find one that works.
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »

Does it actually pauses? Because in my game when i use that options toggle it reverts to neutral instead of pausing...
    My main interest in this pack was the ability to have polluted neighbourhoods and just leave them like that.

Nope pause doesn't work 😒
    edited June 2020
    It works for me but if I add an EP09 lot trait, the game sets neutral eco footprint.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Nope pause doesn't work 😒

Yeah ive noticed that it doesn't work. Im now trying a mod that prevents eco footprint decay. I have only played a sim's week after i intalled it so ill have to wait a bit to see if it works properly.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I have given up. I have played since it came out and I cannot get it out of neutral either way - even rebuilt every lot with all the stuff that would push it (really dislike that so much depends on build stuff vs sim actions anyway). I have even tried the cheats, but they do not seem to work for me. I do not have any mods or CC and I see many others are having a hard time too, so I can only assume the main feature of the game does not even work right.
  • RebpetRebpet Posts: 2 New Member
    I am really struggling to get an industrial footprint, whereas the game almost always seems to be striving towards a neutral one. I moved into Port Promise in a new save and the area + all the lots had an industrial footprint (apart from mine, which was neutral). As soon as I started playing, the footprint started going towards neutral. Does this mean that my lot's footprint weighs heavier than the three industrial lots in the world?

In another save, I lived in Grimm's quarry, and I eventually got the footprint down to neutral, but it still hasn't gone down to industrial, despite me placing generators, using mostly industrial wallpapers and railings and burning fires all day. It seems like one single item with a green footprint cancels out the effects of several items with industrial footprints. I put some trash plants down, because it said they would give an industrial footprint, yet when I started the game again, the footprint was going greener. I removed the plants and the footprint started going towards industrial again. So it seems like trash plants actually count as normal plants?

I'm ok with changing the neighborhood footprint being difficult in general (my sims have it way too easy and they could do with a challenge) but I feel like the footprint meter changes itself towards neutral more easily than anything else and kind of disregards the player's actions in that way. So we are following what the game told us to do to get a certain footprint and then the game overrides it to go to a neutral footprint anyway. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is the impression I'm getting.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Do we know what the original plan was? Were we supposed to be able to reach max industrial or max eco? If you think about it in the real world we have to work hard to get it to a specific state, but then also continue to work on it after so it doesn't drift back into the void.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame