Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they freeing the babies?

Recent Nifty Knitting pack is coming with three baby onesies, we've never been able to change baby's clothing now so this suddenly becoming an option brings the question...

are they freeing the babies?

Comments

• GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    It's just clothes sadly. I don't think they are gonna free them anytime soon.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    On an up note there’s going to be way more than 3 onesies.
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

Do they have some in traditional pink, and blue
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I mean they're on the right track. This gives me hope that someday they will update them and edit them in CAS.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Gee, I hope so. It's what I've been hoping to get for awhile.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

I wrote in another baby freeing thread that she doesn’t say anything about babies coming in a GP, just that the base game preptach for nifty knitting doesn’t have an update for them ;)
    *fingers crossed*
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I honestly think they will, I've thought that since last year, they knew how much interest there was in it then. I think it's a HUGE job that could take over a year or even two, to complete, but I have a feeling it's a work in progress and one day we'll see it and they will be awesome like toddlers were. I don't think it's coming in 2020 though.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I honestly think they will, I've thought that since last year, they knew how much interest there was in it then. I think it's a HUGE job that could take over a year or even two, to complete, but I have a feeling it's a work in progress and one day we'll see it and they will be awesome like toddlers were. I don't think it's coming in 2020 though.

I don't know if it's that huge of a job. I mean they develop whole sims games in 2-3 years. As if it takes them 2 years only for babies.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member

I don't know if it's that huge of a job. I mean they develop whole sims games in 2-3 years. As if it takes them 2 years only for babies.

In some ways, developing a new base can be easier than modifying the existing one, depending on the context.

With unlocking babies, not only is it developing an entirely new age group, there's the great big problem of how to handle saves where babies are already there.

When it came to adding toddlers, the game didn't have to deal with existing toddlers. Existing children would stay children. Existing babies would age into toddlers. Done and dusted.

But with babies, this isn't adding a new lifestage, it's modifying an existing one. I can see trying to implement that in base game in a way that doesn't break existing saves actually being a really tricky problem. I think there's a decent chance they will, since I think there's massive interest. I just don't think it'll be easy.

Honestly, that's why I think they will never "fix" teenagers by giving them a new shorter/younger appearing model. How would that be done with the teens people are already playing? It'd be a mess. And that's a mess with less demand, as people have come to accept that quirk in a way they have not ever really accepted babies as objects.

Basically, IF they do it, it'll take time, and expect it to introduce bugs to old saves. It'd be an absolute MIRACLE if it didn't.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

I always thought it was closer to 5 years but could definitely be wrong, however it seems to take 6-18 months for an expansion pack.
    It took 2 years for toddlers to come out and I believe they were working on them from the beginning so I was kinda going by that. I remember them saying freeing babies would be a huge job. I'm not saying I'm correct, just my suspicions. I have a feeling they started working on it last year and we may see it in 2021, maybe 2020, I just don't think we will in 2020.

It's one of my most wanted things, so I'd be thrilled if it does come in 2020 though haha!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I always thought it was closer to 5 years but could definitely be wrong, however it seems to take 6-18 months for an expansion pack.
    It took 2 years for toddlers to come out and I believe they were working on them from the beginning so I was kinda going by that. I remember them saying freeing babies would be a huge job. I'm not saying I'm correct, just my suspicions. I have a feeling they started working on it last year and we may see it in 2021, maybe 2020, I just don't think we will in 2020.

It's one of my most wanted things, so I'd be thrilled if it does come in 2020 though haha!

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@SimAlexandria Yeah they usually spend a lot of the first years collecting ideas and concepts in pre-production and then start actual development maybe about 2-3 years prior to release. They wouldn't have to do much pre-production on the baby thing. Also yeah if they need 12 months on average for an expansion as if it takes them 2 years for babies.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@SimAlexandria Yeah they usually spend a lot of the first years collecting ideas and concepts in pre-production and then start actual development maybe about 2-3 years prior to release. They wouldn't have to do much pre-production on the baby thing. Also yeah if they need 12 months on average for an expansion as if it takes them 2 years for babies.

I would think babies would be a bigger job than an expansion. And it's more like 18m for an expasion, 6months are stuff packs it seems. But anyways, if it's in 2020 I'd be thrilled, I just don't think it will be.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think it's coming. Just like cars. But we don't know when. 🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Oh! I hope its a proper onesie, fit for an Addams!

02cf41765cedd2af1c5a2e1e4c578ce5.jpg
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

My mind must be pretty filthy, because that third onesie leg made me think of something else :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would so love an Addams Family full CAS in Sims 4.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2020
    No, they won't. Just something you can put on the baby objects so they look a bit cuter while being annoying as plum.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's best to play Sims 3 if you want to play the babies. Sims 4 doesn't play that way.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's best to play Sims 3 if you want to play the babies. Sims 4 doesn't play that way.

That only works if you enjoy sims 3 though.

Actually I like babies on sims 4. It's fun caring for them but if like them way more free! I think it'll happen one day. Dunno when, but one day.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

My mind must be pretty filthy, because that third onesie leg made me think of something else :grimace:

LOL XD How awful! But now that you mention it!
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited July 2020
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »

That’s not filthy. That’s practical.
    Well...at least it’s warm. B)
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Maybe in the future. I dont care all that much, to be honest. I always kept them in their cribs in the previous games and didnt bother taking them in strolls or anything like that so it was mostly like how it is in sims 4. Knowing that in ts4 they are trapped makes me feel kinda weird though.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I've never actually cared for baby gameplay. I like toddlers and find them quite charming, but I've no need for playable babies. I'm not much one for the life simulation as I am for the storytelling elements. And with different occults having different babies needed, I just don't see them doing it. That's what I don't get: preteens and now babies. You got toddlers which is well needed, but preteens are basically just existing child sims. You get toddlers, and now you want babies! These are NOT lifestates people. They can't just be implemented into the game without affecting everyone else. Life states only affect the packs they are introduced for. Maybe they could make a pack just for babies, but I don't know how it would intergrate with occult players.