Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying second homes possible ?

I finally have a family with so much money I dunno how to spend. Can I buy a second home? If not any mod that can do that ? Thanks.

Comments

• cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Without mods. If you have get to work you can technically buy another home but as a business. I have done this. I didn't furnish it as a business but as a family home. However, you will have to lock all doors for household only as other sims will just wander in even though the business was closed.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I have also purchased retail lots and used them as second houses. In my experience, only paparazzi tend to come onto the lot when the business is closed, but to be on the safe side, locking the doors is a good idea.
    The other annoyance of using a retail lot as a house is that every item you interact with (and some that you ordinarily couldn't) has a "set for sale" option. If you accidentally click it when you're intending to open the refrigerator to get leftovers, it can disrupt your sim's morning routine.
    I haven't tried using a different type of business lot. Maybe a vet clinic or restaurant would work better.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Vet works best because you can use moo to hide the required objects.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    What I tend to do is to have my family move to a new home....when they do that I have them sell the furniture so it is all left behind. They can then go to the new home and remain there as long as they want to before moving "back home"
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's time to give us that option in game.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Look like using the retail system is the only option for now. Hopefully the sim team will update to give us a reason to be rich. Being rich in ts4 now is boring.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Look like using the retail system is the only option for now. Hopefully the sim team will update to give us a reason to be rich. Being rich in ts4 now is boring.

Haha I literally just complained about this very thing on a different thread 😂
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    There was one that was made to do this but it has been removed from the creator's website. However, there is another that you can make this work.

More Buyable Venues and new Venue Types

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    The second home option was present in the most recent sims 4 poll, so it’s safe to say that at the very least, the devs are considering it.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member

@TheFlyingGentleman wouldn't it be easier to build a basement room (no stairs) & put all the required objects in it? As long as they're somewhere on the lot it doesn't matter where.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

@TheFlyingGentleman wouldn't it be easier to build a basement room (no stairs) & put all the required objects in it? As long as they're somewhere on the lot it doesn't matter where.

That way works too!