Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the new MAC makeup?

Comments

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I like it! I do wish the eye liner actually lined up with the eyes. But it's not too noticeable in this very pink combo, lol!

8sc2eAg.png

That matte lipstick is probably the best makeup item we have gotten in a pack/update. I don't even use the other lipsticks really anymore. I love matte lipsticks IRL though so I'm biased.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    @iliekponiez You really made that pink work well!

I do really like some of the makeup and I found a use for the strange eyeliner too. The black and gold looks really good on my Egyptian Queen.

zyjHYyz.png
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pDMasnyF8

Anyway the makeup trend currently is towards Euphoria which is fitting for what our society and the current iteration is going through now trying to drown out negativity with positivity by any means including makeup: https://federico.edu/makeup-trend-a-sense-of-euphoria/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I was extremely excited for the blushes, the base game blushes are too bright. I would dearly love an opacity slider. But, I was disappointed when I tried them on one of my darker skinned Sims. I couldn't see it very well at all, too subtle I guess. I left it on her though because it did subtlety give her a bit of contour. Maybe that's the point? *shrugs*

Then I tried it on another Sim who I made while just messing around having a bit of CAS fun. She's supposed to be a goofy character I guess, a good witch that just wants to brew potions to sell and make others happy. Or maybe even a Sim for the BOTU challenge. Haven't decided yet. I think the blush actually looks kind of good on her, if a bit bright, but my head canon says she's not all that versed in how to wear make-up.

I love the matte lipstick and also the more subtle lipstick too. Some of the eye shadows are also good, but I'm not sure I'll ever use the eyeliners. However, I do think it enhances the look of your Egyptian Queen @LiELF She's beautiful! :)

Here's Eloise Hurley, my goofy, good witch/BOTU Sim, wearing the blush and matte lipstick.

iBLtyI7.png

And here's Malia Bala wearing the same shade of blush. I can't see it hardly at all, can you? Why does it look so much brighter on Eloise? Just because her skin is lighter? Sure I could maybe understand it being a little brighter, but shouldn't some color be apparent at least on Malia? #ispuzzled

gWqyBIL.png

Anyway, I'm happy we got some new make-up in the game and that it came in a free patch, always appreciated!

Happy Simming! <3
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited June 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    I do really like some of the makeup and I found a use for the strange eyeliner too. The black and gold looks really good on my Egyptian Queen.

She looks gorgeous! <3
    Good job!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    LiELF I love the look on your Cleopatria. Very beautiful.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I want to use them but I can't make them work to look good. To be fair I can't make any make up work neither in game nor IRL lol
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I usually only stick to using one of the blushes and one of the lipsticks. The rest is really in left field for me.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Aw, thank you, guys! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Plankton027Plankton027 Posts: 51 Member
    I have only been using one of the blushes and one lipstick, all the rest look weird to me on any sim I have created.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I voted No but has nothing to do with the makeup itself... I don't put ANY make up on ANY sims, ever. I prefer the natural look
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    The LED eyelash trend is pretty interesting too. Sadly the eyelashes in the game do look like a sharpie marker, so it doesn't help with any of the makeup, why using CC eyelashes help.
    color-changing-led-eyelashes-cylaplex1.gif

The bold makeup trend that came out last winter:
    https://lustandlettuce.com/24-bold-winter-makeup-looks-inspired-by-euphoria/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    There is one lipstick I like. The rest are a bit over the top. If I had a movie star Sim I'd use them more.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    Nope. They look awful and bizarre. (expect for the lipstick, which I also don't use.)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Well, to be honest, I've been making a few really weird and funny sims lately with CC, so I'll probably end up using it. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I liked the blushes/contour and two of the lipsticks - the eyeliners could be good for halloween or vampire sims etc or for stage make up for the acting career but I wouldn't use them on every day sims
  • malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    I've used the contour, the matte lipstick and one of the eyeshadows. I wished that the matt lipstick had more nude shades for darker skin tones though.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I tried some looks :

1xKM44g.jpg
    8EIbYib.jpg
    TyPZOOb.jpg
    97AhfFH.jpg
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I hated it. It looked like my Sim was getting ready for Mardi Gras.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    the MAC makeup is a bit of a hit and miss. with all of them there's a couple swatches I like and some that I hate. even the weird eyeliners are something I was able to find a use form especially with like goth/punk styled sims. the weird curvy eyeliner actually works for the indian styled outfit that I think was part of the holiday stuff because the patterns on that outfit match the shape of the eyeliner.
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Some of it looks good! I think i am going to use the lipsticks the most but i liked two of the eyeshadows and i can see myself using them. One of the eyeliners is ok but it doesnt feel like it is painted cleanly to me, if that makes sense.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2020
    The two coloured lipstick actually looks nice on one of my sims so she uses it. There are couple of other lipsticks too that I like. The blushes are fine and some of the eyeshadows too, I think. I'd like to use the wilder ones for one or two of my sims, but haven't yet figured out who will use them.

I've seen some townies use the new makeup and there have been interesting results :D Anyway, I think the new makeup is okay.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I hated it. It looked like my Sim was getting ready for Mardi Gras.

That's a good way to put it. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DanyeoDanyeo Posts: 76 Member
    I only use the blushes they aren't not so bad, sometimes i also use lipstick too, but it aren't not many ,most of them are too intense for me. The rest of it i should never use , they ruin my sims :s
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I got a mod that hides it in the game completely.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie