Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    This is turning into a must buy for me.

I am so happy children can knit and your sims can teach others to knit! My nana taught me to knit when I was a little girl :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So excited! As a knitter and an avid Sims player this is like Christmas.

I'm gently asking you to reconsider your use of the word "pow-wow," which is an Indigenous gathering meant to honour their culture. Knitters use the term KAL, or knit-along, to describe knitting together - usually on the same pattern. I think even the use of KAL incorrectly would be better than appropriation of a cultural term.

Thank you for this great update! Can't wait to pick up needles in my digital world, too! 😍😍
    As someone who is part native American can I be offended that people find using part of my culture to describe something as offensive? You really need to be more inclusive and not shun others away because they don't fit in the box you want them in and are not "worthy" of using a word. I for one am sorry Conor even had to apologize when he did nothing wrong what weird times we live in.

agreed I think people need to relax with some knitting
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey, we don't need to agree on everything, but let's not turn this into an argument please.

Instead, let's go back to the topic at hand >> 🧶😻 and of course, 🧶 👶
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    This seems like a great stuff pack. Excited for baby onesies. They really need some love in this game. Maybe eventually they will do more with them in a later update. Hoping! Bugs need fixing first tho. Ha
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I specifically asked for cats to play with yarn, for knitting to be something that generations can teach and for alternatives to the objects that won. I'm glad to see a second knitting basket.

I still wish that more BB objects suited my tastes. If they throw in any other objects, I would probably be more interested. I like the features that were added and I guess I'll need to see the whole thing to fully decide.

At one point early on someone mentioned maybe adding another crafting skill, but like you, I wish they would add some more stuff that didn't make it and keep the rest in mind for the future. The toddler cloud outfit, granny smocks, and men's long johns were some of my favorites. I even loved the curtains and I never bother putting them in my houses. There were many things that I really liked in a bunch of the pictures they shared for us to pick from. Also, build actually had stuff I liked. The door with long paper rolls looked so crafty.

As for the pack, I wanted Happy Haunts, but I'm glad it didn't win because hopefully it will be part of an EP. There are many things in the pack that are nice additions. Usually gameplay and buy are my favorite things in any pack. In this one, buy, some build, and clothes interest me. I had a very hard time voting on the buy stuff because shelves, curtains, desks, and some items were just too cute. Many things I wanted got in and many didn't, including my rocking chair choice. Hope the team keeps these ideas and add them with other packs. Everything looks great and glad to see stuff packs containing more.

Baby clothing <3 I have extensive ideas for them on this forum. Hopefully, they will be added to in a big way one day.
  • TracykatladyTracykatlady Posts: 87 Member
    I'm so happy that the cats will be able to play with the yarn! I'm so excited for this stuff pack!
  • LectersLecters Posts: 19 Member
    Oof. Now I'll have something for elder Sims to do.
    Check out my gallery! https://vipercide.com/gallery

xTO39gj.png
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    (Children can knit too!)

Instant buy, no matter what. Children don't have anything to do and now they do.
  • Blossom118Blossom118 Posts: 11 New Member
    As a 75 year old knitter, I am so excited for this pack.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Socks and beanies for a beginner is very ambitious. Since they are usually knitted with 4 or 5 needles. That adds a bit of challenge to it. I would probably start with a scarf. Since it's only knit with two needles. And beginner scarfs ar often just knitted with knit stitches. So it becomes garter stitch.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I swear this pack keeps sounding better and better, too think I actually love what I didn't vote for :-) the cats playing with the yarn is spot on, it reminds me of my cats like biting my earphones 😂, soo much detail, as a cat lover I love it, thank you for including our furry furbies
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member

giphy.gif

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • esquoiresquoir Posts: 28 Member
    This looks awesome
  • darlingdeviantdarlingdeviant Posts: 36 Member
    Knitting looks fun. I'm excited about more things for the elders to actually do. We need a retirement home!
    The ocean does not apologize for its depth and the mountains do not seek forgiveness for the space they take; so, neither shall I.
    Origin ID/Gallery ID: darlingdeviant
    My Simblr (CAS challenges/lookbooks): thedarlingdeviant.tumblr.com

• GamerIshGamerIsh Posts: 6 New Member
    I am really really looking forward to this pack.
  • Marses08Marses08 Posts: 12 New Member
    This is the first time I've ever been excited about a stuff
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t believe how much amazing stuff will be in this pack! It almost seems more like a game pack! I can’t wait to buy it! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Would the ideal mood for knitting be focused or inspired
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • KookaburraKookaburra Posts: 16 Member
    I was really upset that this one won since it was lower on my list when voting first began, but with this most recent post, I feel more excited.

Being able to teach another sim is really cute and I love that children are able to knit as well!

Rocking chairs are adorable~ I hope they will have plenty of colors to choose from as there are so many different wood colors that it is so hard to mix and match and have it look decent
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited June 2020
    My aunt is a little jealous and wants to know why are crochet needles in the craft bag pockets and why can't Sims crochet and sew or quilt.

eta: She also said to ask if its possible when they get a certain level if they can design their own patterns.
    Sketch them out, put them on the computer, print it out and create the item.
    For myself, love the rocking chair, can see me sitting in it on the porch, enjoying the sunset.
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    So very excited for this pack, I am eager for at least a notification of release date!
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    My aunt is a little jealous and wants to know why are crochet needles in the craft bag pockets and why can't Sims crochet and sew or quilt.

eta: She also said to ask if its possible when they get a certain level if they can design their own patterns.
    Sketch them out, put them on the computer, print it out and create the item.
    For myself, love the rocking chair, can see me sitting in it on the porch, enjoying the sunset.

well they can only do so much in a stuff pack it doesn't mean they want add stuff like sewing later though @SimzSizzle
    MochiMomma wrote: »
    So very excited for this pack, I am eager for at least a notification of release date!

me to
  • Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    I hope the woodworking bench is also updated with new items sims can create.
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Vines12 wrote: »
    I hope the woodworking bench is also updated with new items sims can create.

I would like to see different types of pallet furniture from the bench. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top