Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What career(s) would you like to be added to TS4?

Comments

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Rabbit hole jobs:
    Landlord
    Builder
    Vet (So you dont have to buy a buissness)

Active:
    Fireman /Firewoman (It was in sims 3)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2020
    ‘Realistic’ Careers, active or semi active:
    • Mountain Guide/ Scout Guide.
    • Forester.
    • Zoologist.
    • Professional musician/ rock star.
    • Professional Dancer/ Dance teacher.
    • Professional Boxer/ Wrestler.
    • (Car) Mechanic.

‘Alternative’ Careers, active or semi active:
    • Grim Reaper.
    • Monster Hunter.
    • Clairvoyant/ Psychic/ Medium.
    • Magician.

And very little to no computer interactions. Most interactions should include the use of devices/ objects specific to that career.

• gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    A few people have already commented this, but I would love to see Interior Design added into the game. In mid December, I will actually be graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Interior Design. :):)
    ^^^^^
    YES I would love that
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Models
    Singers/Bands
    Nurse *as it's own profession
    Therapist
    NPCs (thiefs&police)
    Dancer
    Architect
    Social Work
    Health Care Administrators
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2020
    Not active:
    cashier
    cleaning "lady"
    garbage "man"
    social worker
    post "man"
    delivery driver
    pastry cook/baker
    librarian
    meteorologist
    butcher

Active:
    firefighter
    nanny/daycare
    I agree with these, except I definitely don't want a butcher in my game. :#
    I just want more normal careers.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I want to have a sim be a singer but not a rock star type. I'd rather they sing torch songs with a back up band. I'd like it to be a semi active career where you can actually set up places where they can sing for crowds. Better yet if we have couple dancing in game and they can sing at events and other sims can dance.
    Then I'd like a band that can play at events also especially if we could get ballroom dances.

I want this SOOOOO much.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Bands, singers, songwriters, costume designers/tailors and model. Like Get famous hardly gave us anything in terms of careers for fame.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I miss my sims being a cult leader, in the sims 2 it had a cool outfit and the carpol was an helicopter.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited June 2020
    Illustrator and Psychic (I remember the Psychic career in Sims 1: Living it Up expansion pack). 🙂
    Also a magic related career like Town Healer or Shaman would be interesting.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    IRS agent, tattoo artist, X-Games athlete, broadway star, professional dancer, rock band, cosmetologists, service animals, social worker, automotive technicians, school bus driver, dental hygienist, marine biologist, pirate/sailor, taxi driver, and zoologist.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2020
    Firefighter! Firefighter! Firefighter!
    My main sim was one in the Sims 3 and I had a blast with that profession. I hate that there isn't a proper ACTIVE! firefighter career in the sims 4 :(
    I've also thought of a bunch of other careers I would like to see added to the game but most have already been mentioned by previous posters (I would prefer any and all as active non-rabbit hole):
    Stage Magician
    Gymnast
    Zoologist
    Wrestler (or pretty much any professional sports player – boxer, soccer player, basketball player, rugby player, tennis player, hockey player, volleyball player, etc. etc.)
    Model
    Singer
    Ghost busters
    Pizza delivery guy (m/f)
    Mechanic/Handyman (m/f)
    Baker
    Butcher
    Mailman (m/f)
    Dancer
    Architect
    Archaeologist (let's put that skill to actual use)
    Fashion designer (it's like Nifty Knitting, but on steroids, not limited to just knitted/woolen cas items)
    Construction worker
    Farmer (would go nice with a farm pack, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
    Dentist
    Maid (m/f)
    Illustrator
    Tattoo artist
    Metal smithing/jewelry/glassblower
    And how about having all the stuff you can do in the Spa Day Game Pack be an actually active career? And not just a skill or a building you can visit as a 'customer'.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I agree with these, except I definitely don't want a butcher in my game. :#
    I just want more normal careers.

I'm sure the hardy meat cleaver wielding people in the butcher profession aren't that easily offended by someone callously labeling their work not normal, or at the very least 'less' normal. :# But it's one of the oldest professions in the world, next to farmer, carpenter, and...

Now that you made me think of it, I want a prostitution career as well.

Post edited by Zimz4 on
  • faerytechfaerytech Posts: 4 New Member
    For one I'd just appreciate certain part time jobs to be actual jobs. Laborers, retail, fast food... these are full time jobs for a lot of people, especially laborers. There's very few realistic jobs when I go to create a family that's not very well off. I get that it's not very fun... but I often try to start with sims living more realistic lives then explore what would happen to them in a less realistic world, if that makes sense.
    Zimz4 wrote: »

Now that you made me think of it, I want a prostitution career as well.

That won’t happen in a Teen rated game, but if you’re a mod user...there may be something out there... ;)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Zookeeper. I can think of tons of funny situations for a Sim in a job like that.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id like to see volunteer work. You can only donate to charity online but what about donating your time?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Id like to see volunteer work. You can only donate to charity online but what about donating your time?

The ability to Volunteer comes with Parenthood. It’s a phone interaction which will then send your sim into a rabbit hole. These are the 5 activities:
    • Volunteer at a Bake Sale
    • Volunteer at a Beach Cleanup
    • Volunteer at a Nursing Home
    • Volunteer at a Soup Kitchen
    • Walk to Fight Disease
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Model, Singer, firefighter. I'd love the Grim Reaper career they wanted to do in Happy Haunts. I'd also love a matchmaker career. Maybe even a Ghostbuster career.
    I actually think The Sims 4 has the best career options of the series, and I think they've basically covered almost everything.

All this plus architect or home designer.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    They should include create a career feature like creating your club system. Name any career, add any daily tasks.

This would be awesome!
    telmarina wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    They should include create a career feature like creating your club system. Name any career, add any daily tasks.

This would be awesome!

I agree
  • malinbolimalinboli Posts: 16 Member
    Paranormal investigator, construction worker/carpenter, maid, mail carrier, nanny, pizza delivery, nurse/nursing home worker, caretaker/groundskeeper, taxi driver/bus driver, welfare worker/social worker, pilot and flight attendant, hairdresser, animal groomer, graveyard worker, mortician, funeral director.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    So the more I play the more I can agree that I wish that we didn't have to do so much on the computer for our tasks.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Prospector/Miner (maybe even active), Hotel Career (From Doorkeeper to Manager or similar), Tourist Guide, Plumber/Janitor (active would be so hilarious), Electrician, Baker, Factory Worker, Sanitation Worker. Wellness Career
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • AprylaApryla Posts: 23 Member
    I just want more low-paying jobs. I don't like my sims to get too rich, since it's boring. I want the "part time jobs" to have a "full time" option, just poorly paid.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i still want a singer that can sing solo or with a four piece band. and i want ppl to stop and watch 'em like they do when my piano plays the jazz number.

the thing i dislike the most is collecting. example every spring they'd bring out easter eggs have an egg hunt. then they stopped. and they did that every fall with the holloween stuff. then they stopped. why? so now u have to cheat to collect those. so we stop collecting. its no longer fun or a challenge.