Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone play only using one character?

2...Next

Comments

• YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I play this way too! I have my main household that I'm playing with most of the time. I create other families all the time but I always go back to my favorite household:)
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2020
    I almost always start with just a single Sim and they're the households I play the most. They don't always stay as a single Sim and I usually lose interest once I add more. I don't think I've had a family make it past the third generation because I hate controlling too many characters and family gameplay just doesn't interest me. I've been playing my oldest legacy about 3 years now and they're just barely into the 3rd generation. I don't think that I'll abandon this save like the others though, at least not anytime soon.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I always start with only one sim and usually keep controlling only them. Sometimes I do mix it up, but I never start with more than one sim.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've been playing just with one sim for a while now and I've been enjoying it, it's nice to just focus on one sim.
    I've been getting tons of roommates in all of my houses aswell recently which I like doing as it makes it feel more alive as there's something going on in the house other than just what my one sim is doing.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Kind of? I usually play small families, but have one main sim that I focus on.
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    I love playing single sims. One undeniable reason is that it’s easier for my computer to handle. Though let’s say I want them to end up with someone else and start a family, I still take more time than necessary in just spending hours getting promotions and increasing a variety of skills. Plus I think I like the build up...I don’t want the sim to get married right away.

They should go through something. Always give opportunities for issues with other sims, or hardship. Adds more to some backstory.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    My favourite type of gameplay for the past few years has been to play one sim on long and keep them young forever (with whatever means) so there is no rush but things still happen and people age around him.

I do add sims to the household that I like, if I find them interesting at the time or they have a connection to my sim, I might move them out or let them die naturally (or unnaturally) or I'll give them a potion of youth if I want to keep them around a little longer.

My sim as of now is working on his villany degree and lives with the original santa (who never ages), his death by old age ghost/ vampire/ infected wife who has a huge garden but spends most of her time in the coffin because all she does is wreck the plumbing in all three bathrooms, all day long...

He has 5 vampire sons with 3 different women, one of which is an ex wife (all 3 dead by now). His current vampire ghost wife turned them so I guess in a way they do have kids together. But the 5 sons live together in a separate house.

He also have a child alien that I dumped on the other sons at first but then got back and had my sim raise him. He didn't for the other 5 so.

Lastly, the Beeda daughter, who's an elder and has lived with them for a while now (youth potions).

I had a plantsim live with them (among others like a mermaid) for a while but got annoyed how she had to turn back to human before getting the 5 day moodlet again, and that it wouldn't reset whenever she ate a forhidden fruit, so I gave her back to her parents XD.

I hope that one day there will be a possiblity to have genetic kids with an elder woman, whether that be engineering a child (like TS3 Into the Future) or another way, so my sim and his elder wife can have a genetic child.

Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack