Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new foods would you like to see added?

OK, there are a lot of dishes already available in game, but what new foods would you like to see added?

I'd like
- plain toast with butter
- lasagne
- pasta bakes
- more salad options, ie, chicken, ham
- more flavours of sandwiches
- more pizza varieties
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Goopy carbonara! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd like to see more sandwiches and quick breakfast foods. I would also really like it if vegetarian sims would not autonomously eat non-vegetarian foods.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    More soup, casseroles, and bbq added.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I would like to see more Italian and Caribbean dishes. Different varieties of salad, ribs, hearty stews, etc.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Toast doesn’t sound like a bad idea. My Sims often eat breakfast.
    It would probably require a new small appliance though...

And on the subject of food, I miss grocery shopping. I want to try make my Sims only make recipes with fresh ingredients (salad with tomato, fish tacos with fish etc) when they have said ingredients. Unfortunately there aren’t really convenient places to get produce etc.

Do Sims have chips (crisps to some)?
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    I'd like to see some more negative/positive moodlets for certain foods, like dairy. You know, how if someone eats anything containing milk, they'll get constipated and fart a lot, and because the odor is so strong that anyone surrounding that smell will get nauseated and possibly vomit. Or, if they eat something they're allergic to, they'll die or have a near death experience. And when they do, they'll get a sense of relief.

Candy - Let the flavors be sweet, sour, and spicy.
    Plant based foods - Maybe let it be incorporated into the new pack?
    Alcoholic/Herb infused foods.
    Fried foods - Greasy, juicy, and crispy fatty foods like from the sims 3 store.
    Sloppy Joe or Chili
    Popsicles
    Octopus or Pufferfish - I think the deaths would be interesting as well as seeing the tentacles squirm around your sims mouth.
    Flan
    Gourmet pet food - biscuits, cakes, human-like food.
    Waffles, English breakfast, Turkey avacado burger.
    Soufflé

I mean, I could really go on.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    @Nrowe I believe we have chips as a quick meal or the chips and salsa.

I would like
    -more salads
    simple vegetable side dishes
    -steamed broccoli
    -sauteed mushrooms
    -fried chicken
    -sub sandwiches

Was any food added to Eco Lifestyle besides the grub worm dishes?
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    What I would like to see is

For quick meals:

More variety in presentation. Bags of chips in addition to bowls of chips. Box of animal crackers in addition to bowls of animal crackers. A cup of yogurt/applesauce rather than a bowl of yogurt/applesauce. A small juice box of orange juice (also add more fruit juices). A variety of microwave dinners (like is it a pasta microwave dinner, a chicken microwave dinner, vegetarian, frozen pizza, etc.).

Poptarts/whatever is the generic name for this kind of snack.
    Cookies (bagged cookies you can pick up at the store, with a variety of kinds)

For full meals:

Korean food
    Chicken and dumplings
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I'd like more juice options like apple, tomato, pineapple, lemonade, etc. Also, would be nice to have an interaction to serve juice or water from the fridge where sims could take a tray of glasses and call to drink and it should be cheaper than the drinks trays we currently have. Soups (tomato, mushroom, pumpkin/carrot, chicken, etc) wold be lovely. And more cookies varieties macaroons, lamingtons, panettone, gingerbread cookies and gingerbread house, etc. If they would like to overhaul the cooking system, I think it might be nice if they increased the ingredients list for recipes to maybe 5 instead of just 1 or two.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Juicing and more fruits to plant
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Roast chicken

One of my households had roast chicken lately, I think, but it may be a Gourmet dish.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    +1 for juicing and using up fruits and veggies. A serving of 8 juice should also cost 8 fruits/veg. We have way too much produce and not enough to spend it on.

I also wouldn't mind some Korean food like 떡볶이 (tteokbokki), 비빔밥 (bibimbap), or 물냉면 (mul naengmyeon - for those hot days when sims need to cool off)

and +1 for more convenience foods like subs, sandwiches, and "lunch" type foods.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    @crocobaura my sims made tomato soup on the bbq! They are off-the-grid so I haven't yet noticed if this is available on the stove too.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited June 2020
    Why isn't there any orange trees in this game yet?? Corn or watermelons? As for food waffles, pumpkin pie, chicken noodles soup, pecan pie, lasagna, chicken pot pie, sushi, Tamales ,
    enchiladas, eggnog , hugh platters for party's like hot wings, cheese and fruit, vegetables, etc..
    Still waiting for the Gingerbread house, Christmas cookies and being able to make hot chocolate at-home. Also new kitchen appliances like we never had a wall oven in the game or a Slow cooker.

Because when ever my foodies sim go to the little Concession stand to buy hot chocolate they are always disappointed because they want to make delicious hot chocolate at home with their family 😉
    Post edited by beville on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    emiobix wrote: »
    @crocobaura my sims made tomato soup on the bbq! They are off-the-grid so I haven't yet noticed if this is available on the stove too.

Good to know. I'll check the stove next time I play. :smiley:
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would like the following

hot cocoa with marshmallows

I would like to be able to open a bottle of nectar and it give me 6 glasses to serve on a platter.

pumpkin and sweet potato pie(I would like guests to flock to pie like they do cake)

J-E-R-K (LOL cant say it on the forums)chicken, fried chicken and BBQ chicken

meatloaf, ham, roastbeef

Cuban food Arroz con pollo, Medianoche, Ropa Vieja etc

Chicken and broccoli, shrimp and broccoli, fried rice, etc

Lasagna, Stuffed Shells, Penne vodka, Fettuccine Alfredo, brushetta, mushroom risotto, etc

New food delivery options would be awesome too but I could go on and on with what I would like to see in game.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like seeing them add more foods fitting with whatever theme they're adding - Italian, country, safari, etc. More delivery and pizza options, Chinese delivery.

Yes to more juices or smoothies. I'd like the corn on the cob or elote, lasagna and ribs that have been mentions. More pies? Chicken pie, fruit pies, steak pie. Sous vide snacks?

I'm always interested in new foods for my sims. I have some sims with level 10 in cooking; it gets boring to always make the same things. I try to have different households have different taste preferences.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Normal foods. I've never heard of most of the meals in this game. How about Spag Bog, beans on toast, fish fingers, ham salad, mince & potatoes, tuna sandwiches, oxtail soup, Pot Noodles, cheese & crackers...?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    First warning, I'm a foodie and I love to cook, bake, and bbq. I would like to see more diverse food. Filipino food is amazing. I love Vietnamese French Fusion sandwiches with soup too. Corn beef and cabbage is my favorite dish my mom makes. Trifle is an amazing English dessert. I really enjoy Ratatouille, pumpkin pie, flan, ginger carrot dressing on cabbage salad, sushi, teri chicken rice bowls, naan bread, poutine, churros, macarons, goi cuon, almond tea bread, chicken tikka masala, pozole, calgary nanaimo bars, and beavertails pastry.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    First warning, I'm a foodie and I love to cook, bake, and bbq. I would like to see more diverse food. Filipino food is amazing. I love Vietnamese French Fusion sandwiches with soup too. Corn beef and cabbage is my favorite dish my mom makes. Trifle is an amazing English dessert. I really enjoy Ratatouille, pumpkin pie, flan, ginger carrot dressing on cabbage salad, sushi, teri chicken rice bowls, naan bread, poutine, churros, macarons, goi cuon, almond tea bread, chicken tikka masala, pozole, calgary nanaimo bars, and beavertails pastry.

yes yes yes I want to see all of that too...LOL someone else mentioned Ribs and I agree with that one too.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I think I'd just like more vegan/vegetarian options. I feel like the options are pretty limited at least in the context of the recipes actually seeming exciting or good.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I think I'd just like more vegan/vegetarian options. I feel like the options are pretty limited at least in the context of the recipes actually seeming exciting or good.

Man, this is my biggest wish food-wise. I wish we could have made more stuff out of the soy beans! Like soy milk at the very least, seriously. (Tofizz does not count!) I'd love falafel as a cookable dish (there's a wrap version from one of the DU food stalls, but not falafel as a dish on its own), some mushroom-centric dishes, smoothies, and a lot more salads, including nice hearty pasta and potato salads.

But honestly, I'd love to see a whole food overhaul. I have this idea where you could choose a food preference option in CAS like walk style - omnivore, vegetarian (which frees up a trait slot!), vegan, kosher, halal, and gluten-free would be good starters. Instead of 'vegetarian-safe' or not, it instead tags each meal with major components - dairy, eggs, fruit/vegetables, meat, fish, shellfish, pork, alcohol, and gluten. Omnis can eat anything. Vegetarians won't eat anything with meat, fish, shellfish, or pork. Vegans won't eat those, dairy, and eggs. Kosher wouldn't eat pork or shellfish, and wouldn't eat meals that have meat and dairy in the same dish. Halal wouldn't have pork or alcohol, and gluten-free just avoids gluten.

Each meal gets tagged with things it contains, so minestrone is tagged as 'vegetables, gluten' and would be suitable for everyone but gluten-free, chicken stir fry would be tagged as 'meat, gluten' and would be suitable for omnis, kosher, and halal, the fruit and yogurt parfait would be labelled as 'fruit, dairy' and would be suitable for everyone but vegans, salt and pepper shrimp cocktail would be marked as 'shellfish' and be suitable for omnis, halal, and gluten-free but not kosher, vegan, or vegetarian, proscuitto-wrapped asparagus would be marked as 'pork' and only be suitable for omnis and gluten-free, garden salads can be eaten by everyone, and so on!

Then, you could also do variations. Like if you had soy beans, you could make a vegan fruit and yogurt parfait! Or instead of breakfast scramble, you could do tofu scramble!

But yeah, that's just a dream at this point.
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I'd like there to be not only vegetarians, but people with allergies, as well, so there'd be options that are free of, lets say, peanuts, because that's a common allergy. Sims could get nauseous and unhappy and maybe a little sick if they eat their allergen. I know it's a lot to ask.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ryttu3k wrote: »

Man, this is my biggest wish food-wise. I wish we could have made more stuff out of the soy beans! Like soy milk at the very least, seriously. (Tofizz does not count!) I'd love falafel as a cookable dish (there's a wrap version from one of the DU food stalls, but not falafel as a dish on its own), some mushroom-centric dishes, smoothies, and a lot more salads, including nice hearty pasta and potato salads.

But honestly, I'd love to see a whole food overhaul. I have this idea where you could choose a food preference option in CAS like walk style - omnivore, vegetarian (which frees up a trait slot!), vegan, kosher, halal, and gluten-free would be good starters. Instead of 'vegetarian-safe' or not, it instead tags each meal with major components - dairy, eggs, fruit/vegetables, meat, fish, shellfish, pork, alcohol, and gluten. Omnis can eat anything. Vegetarians won't eat anything with meat, fish, shellfish, or pork. Vegans won't eat those, dairy, and eggs. Kosher wouldn't eat pork or shellfish, and wouldn't eat meals that have meat and dairy in the same dish. Halal wouldn't have pork or alcohol, and gluten-free just avoids gluten.

Each meal gets tagged with things it contains, so minestrone is tagged as 'vegetables, gluten' and would be suitable for everyone but gluten-free, chicken stir fry would be tagged as 'meat, gluten' and would be suitable for omnis, kosher, and halal, the fruit and yogurt parfait would be labelled as 'fruit, dairy' and would be suitable for everyone but vegans, salt and pepper shrimp cocktail would be marked as 'shellfish' and be suitable for omnis, halal, and gluten-free but not kosher, vegan, or vegetarian, proscuitto-wrapped asparagus would be marked as 'pork' and only be suitable for omnis and gluten-free, garden salads can be eaten by everyone, and so on!

Then, you could also do variations. Like if you had soy beans, you could make a vegan fruit and yogurt parfait! Or instead of breakfast scramble, you could do tofu scramble!

But yeah, that's just a dream at this point.
    I would love gluten and dairy free options. My sister does have a shellfish allergy. I am on a diet called FODMAP actually and so soy is one of the things I can't have. It is hard, but effective at making me feel better with inflammation and gut issues.
    https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller