Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Did YOU Discover The Sims Franchise?

Comments

• SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    Other
    The disks for The Sims and Simcity came with our first desktop computer when I was a kid. They were our family's very first computer games.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Other
    I've read an article in a women magazine about the sims2. I was amazed and wanted to play it, but I had to save for a new laptop because the old one couldn't handle that game. But in between I had played the original Sims. When I finally had enough money for a new laptop, I was really happy to play it. I still remember my first toddler in this game: Little Mandy was really charming to everyone and she had always climbed out of the crib.
  • sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    Other
    Mine is sorta funny in a sad kind of way. My then fiance and I were shopping and he said he wanted the game. I said, well if you want to get the game I get a real engagement ring. So, he bought the game and the ring. Later, we didn't marry, but I had his child. Here I am many years later still playing and still enjoying the franchise.
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Through a a family member
    I was 5 when I saw my brother and sister play The Sims 1. I wanted to play too and that's how it all started. They stopped playing but I have played every iteration since then. I'm 22 now.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other
    by renting the sims1 at my local videogame store
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I found it by a store selling Sims 1 and I wished I had a computer to get it. When I got my first computer that was the first game I bought and I loved it.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • kendoboykendoboy Posts: 2 New Member
    I got Sims 1 as a bday present. XX years later, Origin Premier told me that Sims 4 comes with the membership. Oh, and the packs are 50% off, enjoy!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other
    An ad in a kid's magazine around the time of Sims 2 if I recall. It was a bit expensive, so I bought SimCity 4 instead; at a discount store for around $10. Ironically, a couple of years back, I had to rebuy it on Origin as I misplaced the jewel case that had the code (which ironically, I found last month!) I didn't actually get into The Sims until I bought TS3 in 2018, and TS4 some months later.

It's a funny thing I have SC4; as when I finally got TS2 here locally in Jan., I learned I could use SC4 to make my own worlds. On my desktop, the TS3 world creator crashes (an error code pointed to my RAM being on the way out), but SC4 runs really well.
    Post edited by cody6268 on
  • BethSims4BethSims4 Posts: 112 Member
    Through the internet
    I can't remember but for The Sims 2 Pets on the Nintendo DS, my cousins got the game so I decided to get one too. And then I think I found out about The Sims 4 on YouTube.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I was very young when I started playing The Sims so I don’t remember exactly how I found out about it, but I believe it started with my sister playing the game at our cousins house and then begging our mom for it. We were never allowed to have the original expansion pack due to the heart shaped hot tub and the activities therein :D

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    My dad played sims 3
    and my mum played the original sims 1
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    When Sim City 1 originally came our I played it a lot. My dad knew how much I loved Sim City 1. When Sims 1 came out he played it and recommended it to me. I have loved the franchise since. Though Sims 4 is the only one I use CC and mods for.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Other
    Doing a economics paper in grad school on an American owned public stock company. Can't remember why I picked EA, but in doing the research came upon a new game concept they were working on, a people simulator later known as 'The Sims'. Continued following that even after paper was done via the gaming press. Looked intriguing, so got it on release day. Been simming ever since.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Through a friend
    One of my best friends. She wasn’t old enough to buy it for herself as she is two years younger than me lol. So I bought it for her and the rest is history 😊😊
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Through a friend
    Was at a sleep over at my friends place (lived next door to each other) and she showed my TS1 and had to get it for myself, loved it since then xx
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    I saw the first iteration of The Sims at the store as an adult. I bought it since I am a PC gamer.
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    Other
    I discovered The Sims when my parents bought a new PC and it came bundled with some games which included The Sims 1. At the time my sister and I weren't really allowed to play computer games because my parents felt that they could be too violent so a 'virtual dolls house' was the ideal sort of game.
  • yellowduckyyellowducky Posts: 12 New Member
    Other
    Well I seen the Sims 1 and I bought it and it was good for only building houses and having a baby was the most exciting thing about the sims 1 than in school I got The Sims 2 pencil case with rubber and a pencil and Looked @ the back and seen you can grow up into an adult.so me and my friend use to play 1hr a day and The EA had their own website/forum. Then a few years later the sims 3 was the best for its graphics..after that I stopped playing and now the Sims 4 is out I really want to get back playing it again and learn how to "make" sims. Im very good @ stories just not into Modding the game yet. The SIms 5 is coming out 2021 so Im just going to buy loads of XP till than.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other
    I first saw The Sims 1 in the computer section at Sam's Club in 2000 when I was 10. I had to beg my Mom to get it.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • TLC4theworld77TLC4theworld77 Posts: 75 Member
    Other
    wow ... This question really takes me back. I seen a commercial on T.V. for the Sims 1. I was looking forward to game day release. Since I am old school I was that person waiting for the midnight release. Fell in love with the game and have been playing it ever since.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Other
    Okay Storytime (please help if you know something about this!):
    It was 2006 and I still lived in Greece. My sister used to buy Teen magazines and they always came with different stuff. One of them came with a CD called "The Sims 2 Introduction". That was basically just a program with icons you could click on and it would open up a new page with info on the game. One of the icons had wallpapers you could use for your desktop screen. The program also featured The Sims 2 music from the base game, nightlife and uni.
    This is how I discovered The Sims and decided to buy it.
    However I have been looking for that program for ages and it is nowhere to be found. Nobody has a copy of video online and I can't find the CD and I'm just really desperate to open up "The Sims 2 Introduction" again but since it was just promo material I'm afraid it must be gone forever.

If anyone knows this piece of software please @ me or send me a private message. I need someone to confirm this thing existed and it wasn't just a fever dream!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Nothing crazy, but my mom had the Sims 1 when I was 3-4 and she was pretty bad at it. She made our family: all the adults were depressed and refused to get jobs and all the kids were shipped off to military school. I, of course, watched in horror.

Anyway, she ran out of patience for the game and I got to play. Eventually I got my own copy and started collecting packs. I have continued on from there.

Oddly enough on multiple attempts my brother and I have tried to pull her back into the series with 3 and 4, but she would always get fed up with the pixel entities. Not that I could blame her since after a while my brother took over. Not enough of a fan to get the game and packs himself, but enjoyed it enough to take over her saves.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Other
    I was searching for life simulators on the App Store and found The Sims FreePlay.
  • bees123bees123 Posts: 12 New Member
    My godfather's son (godson? idk) had Sims 1 for PS1, so I immediately went to the local game shop to find it. Something about being able to buy cars got me excited. They didn't have it, but they did have Sims 2 for PS2 so I bought that! Then for about 4ish years, that was my only experience of the franchise and I played it daily. I only found out there was a PC version in about 2010!
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2020
    I was with my family at CostCo and I saw The Sims 2 in the video game section and asked them to get it for me. :D

similar to @canitbeman
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top