Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello & help :)

Hello Simmers!

After an extremely long seven year absence quarantine has brought me back 🤩

Does anyone know if there is a way I can update my username to something more modern as I am no longer a twilight obsessed teen lol

Thank you!

Comments

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Ask one of the SimGurus to change it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hello :) Welcome back!
    If you would like to change your forums username, you can post a request to change the name on the activities wall of either Ea_Mai or EA_Rtas

• CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I tried to have mine changed a while back, like back in 2016 or 2017. Then something happened and when I came back to the forums, it acted like I was new and never done anything in the forums before. So be aware of that.
    I still wasn't able to get my name changed cuz someone from EA said they couldn't do it without deleting my account info, like cleared from the system, meaning even my creations I've on Sims 3 would be gone. I didn't want that so stuck with what someone from EA created back in 2015, cuz in 2013 & 2014, Origin kept having account log in failures and my account was corrupted or something on EA's side.
    Short story, what it is, will be forever, unless you erase your EA account.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    I tried to have mine changed a while back, like back in 2016 or 2017. Then something happened and when I came back to the forums, it acted like I was new and never done anything in the forums before. So be aware of that.
    I still wasn't able to get my name changed cuz someone from EA said they couldn't do it without deleting my account info, like cleared from the system, meaning even my creations I've on Sims 3 would be gone. I didn't want that so stuck with what someone from EA created back in 2015, cuz in 2013 & 2014, Origin kept having account log in failures and my account was corrupted or something on EA's side.
    Short story, what it is, will be forever, unless you erase your EA account.

@CreativeMom88, I think OP is asking to have their user name changed over here on this site. Name changes on this site doesn't affect your user name over on the old TS3 site as they are 2 different site engines... ;)
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    True.
    My brain wasn't thinking straight.

*To anyone who wants to change what their name shows up as in the Exchange for Sims 3/Gallery for the Sims 4, will not be able to.