Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the last thing you ate?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    vegetarian sausages, peas, curried gravy and hassle-back potatoes
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    Pulled pork burger with home made buns and home made sauce. Thing took like 12 hours to make, but oh boy is it delicious.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I'm eating kroppkakor at the moment. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    A chocolate snack cake and cup of milk. No need for sleeping aids just use a snack cake. lol Those things knock me out cold. I really should ask a doctor why chocolate makes me so sleepy can't hold my eyes open.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited June 2020
    My wife (@Featherbelle)'s birthday is today so she decided to order Popeye's. Still debating whether they're as good as Church's or KFC.

Still wishing Sonic would hop the border. Oh, Canada... I lived all my life here and the fast food selection is basically Wendy's, Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Burger King, A&W...and a few rabble that occasionally hop the border.

Then there's In & Out that keeps popping in & out... every time the Langley Festival shows up. One of these days, we'll nail the bugger down.

@Gguy, thanks...now I want a pulled pork sandwich.
    @Cororon - Yummm...
    @Cinebar - according to what I've read. Chocolate affects serotonin levels which affects your mood and your energy levels. As well...serotonin is what causes people to naturally fall asleep. Unless you eat an extraordinarily large amount of chocolate...there's nothing to worry about. At least that's what Dr. Gabe Mirkin says. ;)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Vegetarian Vietnamese fried rice
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    An Santa Barbra Char-burger from The Habit restaurant.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited June 2020
    10 pc. Chicken McNuggets and a medium order of fries from McDonalds
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited June 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    A chocolate snack cake and cup of milk. No need for sleeping aids just use a snack cake. lol Those things knock me out cold. I really should ask a doctor why chocolate makes me so sleepy can't hold my eyes open.

I'm not a doctor, but is it chocolate specifically? Have you tried this without the milk and with 90% dark Cacao (virtually no sugar in that)?

Because if it's the massive sugar content making you suddenly deeply sleepy, you may need to check your blood sugar and/or insulin levels (hyperinsulinemia is a health problem and causes more of them if unaddressed, even if elevated or impaired glucose isn't co-occurring.)

So anyway, if you have some sugar-less hot chocolate or some very intense dark chocolate without much sugar in it, and it doesn't make you sleepy, it's probably the glycemic response doing it, rather than the chocolate, in which case it may be a health concern to bring to your doctor.

ETA just thought of an easier way to test whether it's the sugar or the cacao. Because you might hate the bitterness of the ultra-low-sugar chocolate options, an easier way would be, swap out a non-chocolate flavor of snack cake, have it with the milk (which also adds a whopping 4.5 teaspoons of naturally occurring sugars per 12 oz glass) to keep everything the same except the presence of cacao. If you feel that same intense tiredness, you know it's the glycemic effect and this is something to take up with your doc. If you don't get sleepy with a non-chocolate snack cake, then you can rule out it being a sugar problem.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I had a lemon flavored cookie.

I'm the opposite tho cuz I need sweets at times. Not completely hypo, but I get weak, feel a bit unwell & slighty shaky if I don't get enough sugar in a day. In 2013 they ruled hypo out as a possibility, but I may be the non-diabetic version.
    So halloween is of course my fav holiday, my kids don't need certain sweets 😉
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Watermelon
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • firemixtapefiremixtape Posts: 574 Member
    Pasta
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Triscuits lol
    .KFC!
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Hot dog
    Cake batter
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited June 2020
    Homeade Gyoza..I made it myself the wrap I made from scratch with just flour and a pinch of salt and sugar. They were so delicious! Made the sauce myself with soy sauce, rice vinegar, powdered garlic and minced onion. Was so good. :3 These are left overs.
    EbKRp1vX0AAvtee?format=jpg&name=small
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Smoked turkey sausage with lettuce, cucumber, radish & cherry tomato salad w/garlic rice vinegar.
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    A donut.
    EA ID: Praktrosella
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    2 tbsp chia seed in 4 oz unsweetened almond milk and a small bowl of baby spinach leaves. Sadly, even that gave me some discomfort. Seeing a doc tomorrow, as the only time I feel okay lately is when I don't eat anything at all. Hoping it's nothing worse than like, gallstones or something. Something easy to deal with and relatively unthreatening. :#
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Mushroom and leek wellington.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I finally tried the Indian resturant that opened by my house like 3 years ago that I've been threatening to try since they were just "opening soon" (lol whoops).

So I had butter chicken and samosas and some mango dumpling things I forget the name of. Wasn't super keen on the mango things (they're okay but probably not something I'll ever have again) but the rest was delish.

I'll also be eating it for like 3days cause they gave me so much food haha (here I thought it was kind of pricey until I'm trying to unbag it and it's just like a bottomless paper bag lol).
  • KillerDollTVKillerDollTV Posts: 42 Member
    Margherita pizza doused in Tabasco :,)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    McNuggets and fries from McDonalds
  • MMA_Rebel10MMA_Rebel10 Posts: 52 Member
    Scrambled eggs