Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHERE'S THE SIMS 5????

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    Paradox Tectonic is a competitor

Paradox Tectonic (Rod Humble)
    Created on March 7, 2019
    Game released : 0
    Preview: No
    Release date: N/A

Paralives (Patreon: $37,372 per month, 4 developers)
    Created in June, 2019
    Preview: Yes
    Release date: N/A

Where is the competition when there is no game to compare yet ???

The competition will start when these games and The Sims 5 will be released. For now, since 2014, it's still The Sims 4 vs nobody.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2020
    Paradox Tectonic is a competitor

Paradox Tectonic (Rod Humble)
    Created on March 7, 2019
    Preview: No

Paralives (Patreon: $37,372 per month, 4 developers)
    Created in June, 2019
    Preview: Yes

Where is the competition when there is no game to compare yet ???

If there isn't any competition, then you shouldn't be worried about then, right? Let it play out and then we'll see. :)

PS: That Patreon number is considerable from the last time I checked which was only last week!

I also like that Paradox Tectonic is keeping their cards close to their chests.... It's actually a wise move.

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    bryanovens wrote: »
    @kristenleighwhite @comicsforlife

Rod Humble : "you could say we haven’t announced the genre yet"

He worked on Second Life , an online virtual world. So it could be a new online game.

He also worked on Sims 2 + 3...and was friends with Will Wright. His most recent interview told a lot.

I want to mention something real quick, I was looking into this whole Rod Humble new Simulation at Paradox thing last week and I came across a bunch of forum posts (mostly other sites, one on here) from when he made the switch to Second Life in the early 2010s, and people who seemed to be fans of the Sims franchise were writing some pretty nasty things about him.

It seemed to me that during the Sims 3's life he was poorly regarded by the community (a lot didn't like Grant Rodiek either, whom I haven't seen much recent hate for either), so I'm unsure why people are so excited for him to be working on a new Sims-like game. Apparently that duo was largely responsible for possible/implemented RPG features in TS3, which the community responded harshly to, and didn't follow the spirit of the previous two iterations.

Does anyone know if that was that a minority of the fans at the time, or if his negative reputation largely forgotten by fans after he was gone for a while? It's strange to see all of that but then see people now excited at the prospect.

Well now that Paradox Tectonic is a competitor, of course EA is going to try to put Rod Humble in a bad light. I wouldn't go with what people said back then or now, but look at results: He had direct influence on both The Sims 2 AND The Sims 3 - both of which have very strong gameplay even though they are quite different in so many ways. Both are still beloved and still played to this very day. Also when he was CEO of Second Life, it enjoyed the highest number of members under his term.

So I'm pretty excited about what kind of life simulation game will be released by Paradox Tectonic. And I'm going to try out the game for myself instead of listening to people who want to bring the game down to discourage anyone else from trying it. I think EAxis should just concentrate on making The Sims 5 the best it ever can be and not be cheap with the funding and lazy with the development of features and content. That's the only way to beat the competition.

PS - I STILL don't like Grant Rodiek.

Me neither.

• Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2020

Me neither.

Why isn't Grant popular among fans? I imagine he must be pretty bad for people not dislike him ten years ago and today
  • Options
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2020
    lol Grant Rodiek is developing The Sims 5. You dislike your "savior" :D

Yeah, I don't like him, but you have no reason to be sarcastic about him. Why do that to him when he hasn't done anything to offend you in particular?

TS5 isn't on the top of my list, by the way.

• Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2020
    I'm just going to say I trust Paradox more than I trust the Sims team/EA. It's not only Rod working at Paradox Tectonic, he's working with a team mostly made up of veterans, people who know what they're doing, and some of those veterans have worked with the past Sims games.

So...if he and his team are indeed working on a life sim, I'm sure it will be a lot better than Sims 4. All I have to say on that.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    People want games NOW but they complain when the development is rushed.

Maybe The Sims 5 will be released after 2024.

The Sims 4 game engine would of already broken in early 2022. And even IF Sims 4 manage to barely cling to life support until after 2024,most of the fanbase would of gotten sick and tired of Sims 4 and be playing other sim/sandbox games by then,and that would mean death to the Sims franchise. Sims 4 will most likely end in early 2021.

After all,no game series can last forever and ever and ever. Old series need to end to make way for new and exciting series. Soon it will be time for EA to end Sims 4 to give players Sims 5.

Minecraft came out in 2009 and is still going strong. If a game is supported well and improved upon, it can last a very long time. I'm not sure that will happen with TS4, but this game's got a few more years at least.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020

Me neither.

Why isn't Grant popular among fans? I imagine he must be pretty bad for people not dislike him ten years ago and today

Twitter feeds are forever, even when a person deletes what they wrote. It's a little matter of saying forums are trash. It's right up there with another saying forum users aren't the vast majority and their opinions aren't as important as the instagram or twitter users. It's no way to build a bridge if you insult people before you even hear what they have to say.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    lol Grant Rodiek is developing The Sims 5. You dislike your "savior" :D

Yeah, I don't like him, but you have no reason to be sarcastic about him. Why do that to him when he hasn't done anything to offend you in particular?

TS5 isn't on the top of my list, by the way.

I am tired of snarky comments like this too...there's no need for one like that >.>
    Cinebar wrote: »

Me neither.

Twitter feeds are forever, even when a person deletes what they wrote. It's a little matter of saying forums are trash. It's right up there with another saying forum users aren't the vast majority and their opinions aren't as important as the instagram or twitter users. It's no way to build a bridge if you insult people before you even hear what they have to say.

^--- THIS basically saying the forums are trash, is basically saying OUR opinions on here are trash!
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    The Sims 4 game engine would of already broken in early 2022. And even IF Sims 4 manage to barely cling to life support until after 2024,most of the fanbase would of gotten sick and tired of Sims 4 and be playing other sim/sandbox games by then,and that would mean death to the Sims franchise. Sims 4 will most likely end in early 2021.

After all,no game series can last forever and ever and ever. Old series need to end to make way for new and exciting series. Soon it will be time for EA to end Sims 4 to give players Sims 5.

I don't agree, a lot of people are still playing Sims 1 & 2 (and 3). I really want Sims 5 though.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Right now there are other games that I am interested in playing. after the launch of Sims 4 I will never indulge too soon and just wait and see where it is going, however I am more interested in Paralives and see how that work out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Icey-it's because Mojang keeps improving their game and they actaully listen to people. They have a game engine that was built for decades online play. Sims 4 was plopped on top of a game engine that was supposed to be for online play,but yet Sims 4 cannot handle open word or CaSt or even 2 full soccer teams playing against eachother. And now the game engine is getting much more laggier and glitchy even without mods or CC. People uninstalling Sims 4 and going back to Sims 1-3 is a sign that people are getting sick and tired of Sims 4 already. I've seen lots of people who just want to move on to Sims 5 or Paralives already after 6 whole years of shallow gameplay and half-baked packs.

I myself am eager to see what Paradox has in store for everyone.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Sakia90 wrote: »
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    A few months after S5 is released, you all will start screaming for S6. You will never be satisified.

Sims 4 is the only Sims game I am unsatisfied with (I've played all of them). If Sims 5 is a true Sims game (and is built like that from the beginning) and is good, I will play. If not? Then I'm done with the franchise.

Yep.....Keep telling yourself that.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a player i say to myself will wait and see and will depend on what info is given or what his shown so far
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

Me neither.

@Cinebar

Okay interesting. I mean i get that forum members are not the majority and that they want a broader audience but did he apologize or correct himself about the other stuff mentioned afterwards?

I mean its clear enough that the devs dont interact here on the forums and are always on twitter interacting with fans and game changers. This is where the target audience mostly are, while ignoring the forum fans.

I can not wait when the last pack is out for the sims 4 and this game is set in stone. No more hope, no more ''what could come'' no more withhelding fan desires while beeing most of the time quiet about it.

a new iteration that also give us a life simulation game or a spin off would be much appreciated by now even if its just an announcement. I would love to play a new life simulation game that is not the sims2 or 3 at the moment.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I would prefer they:

1. Fix Sims 4 and

2. migrate sims 4 into 5 so that we are not starting all over again and that the money we spent on Sims 4 is not wasted.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited June 2020
    Let Sims 5 be its own game. It would be very interesting to see what we would start all over with.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Sakia90Sakia90 Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sakia90 wrote: »
    A few months after S5 is released, you all will start screaming for S6. You will never be satisified.

Sims 4 is the only Sims game I am unsatisfied with (I've played all of them). If Sims 5 is a true Sims game (and is built like that from the beginning) and is good, I will play. If not? Then I'm done with the franchise.

Yep.....Keep telling yourself that.

I don't get what you mean. If you're talking about me dropping the game...I have no problem dropping a series I once liked. I've done it times before and I'll do it again.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I would prefer they:

1. Fix Sims 4 and

2. migrate sims 4 into 5 so that we are not starting all over again and that the money we spent on Sims 4 is not wasted.

@Bronwin2 I just really don't see a reason for them to invest money and time in a game that is unfixable.

Also they need to start a new engine for the Sims 5 and leave the Sims 4 behind 'cause it's 2020 and they need to move on from that 2014 game.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I would prefer they:

1. Fix Sims 4 and

@Bronwin2 I just really don't see a reason for them to invest money and time in a game that is unfixable.

Also they need to start a new engine for the Sims 5 and leave the Sims 4 behind 'cause it's 2020 and they need to move on from that 2014 game.

This! I truly believe it's not fixable.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    They've already said that the Sims4 has years of life still left and as tight lipped as they are, I'm pretty sure they mean it.

Plus they have Sims4 on console and other stuff they just started

Yeah, but TS5 started hiring for it's game (or whatever they are going to call it) in 2017. Do you really believe they will continue to sell packs for TS4 for five more years when TS5 might be way past the half way mark (4 years to build a base) to finish a base? I don't. I think I have heard this four times now, things like we will keep making packs as long as there is an interest, yada, yada, yada, and then one day they just pull the plug and say oh look kids! we have a new game...didn't matter how much 'interest' was still being generated for a current game. Just think about it. TS3 was still selling like hotcakes. Still had years of content requests. Didn't matter. They ended it when they wanted to release TS4 base whether that base was finished or not. Can't believe everything Maxis says. They have said it four times already.

I think the reason 3 ended was because many people were having problems with some of the expansions like Paradise Island ( I think that’s the one). My daughter bought Sims 3 about the time Sims 4 came out and had many of 3’s expansions and stuff, but after paradise Island she started having problems with the game. I got the base game and one of the first expansions of 3 when it first came out but I hated the rabbit holes. I wanted to be able to go in and explore them. I also hated the restaurant rabbit holes it started with. I gave up the game because of the rabbit holes without giving The game a real chance.

After so long there is just too much content for the game to handle. Look how Expansion towns have become so small in 4 in the later packs, and we can only have the same limit of sims favorited in the game for the last several years
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    how many people will of abandoned Sims 4 by then.
    I already have I did not buy the last pack Island Living and Descover University left me cold I felt we were missing a lot a I assume Eco Living is the same half baked job as those too. I feel unless Maxis bring out something a amazing I really am done they need to step up there game as they have a bit of competition now in the shape of paralives can EA step up I guess only time will tell.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    sims 4 didn't have that, maxis almost closed down during the early 2010s cause simcity was so poorly received and sims 4 barely made it out alive.

SimCity (2013) sold more than 2 million units, too many players for EA servers.
    Just Maxis failed to put enough servers online and they took too much time to bring the Offline Mode and allow the mods.

Maxis Emeryville was closed in 2015
    https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-simcity-developer-maxis-1689454903

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on