Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATE 9-2-20 Has your Sims 3 game been affected by the recent pixilation issues?

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    My game has been affected and I'm upset
    @SuzyCue72 And there's coffee spewed all over my monitor again. :lol: Great find

@Nikkei_Simmer And that's why I have my desktop banned from the internet. :rage:

I did find a mod yesterday that makes horses look like horses again. They are still a bit see through if up against a strong pattern but I'm really happy to see my horses back.

This is the discussion thread where links are posted: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=643626
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    What I was going to say before when I opened this thread (and got distracted by ChuChu's pic...) is that I don't think the look of the Chillgood fridge has anything to do with Windows 10 and its updates, because it looks exactly the same on my computers with Win 7 HP and 8.1. It probably is intended to be just like that, after all it is the cheapest of all the fridges. And it's only the front that's affected, the sides look perfectly fine, no pixelation or color banding there.

bmL2KiG.png

9LhmwUD.png

pHweRi1.png

GNq2AmX.png

dvJ9co5.png

bmaRKvu.png

5i8rqYU.png

4Bcg0Tf.png
    @SuzyCue72 We did figure out somewhere in this thread that the cheap fridge has always been like that. That was my overzealous looking for faults when I first noticed the pixilation and color banding issues in December. Someone who plays on Linux shared a pic of the fridge and it had the same issue so obviously that's not windows. (eye rolling smiley here)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Other. Please explain in comments.
    I finally noticed today. It happened to me, too.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72 We did figure out somewhere in this thread that the cheap fridge has always been like that. That was my overzealous looking for faults when I first noticed the pixilation and color banding issues in December. Someone who plays on Linux shared a pic of the fridge and it had the same issue so obviously that's not windows. (eye rolling smiley here)

@ZeeGee Okay, I must confess that I had not read all the 12 pages of this thread before I posted the reply, so I seem to have missed the info about the Chillgood fridge being removed from the list of affected objects. But that's good, because then there's one thing less to worry about. :)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    What's really ticking me off is the sky...especially at night when you see nothing but color-banding where it used to be nice gradients. Royally p***** me off.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    I must confess that I had not read all the 12 pages of this thread before I posted the reply, so I seem to have missed the info about the Chillgood fridge being removed from the list of affected objects.

@SuzyCue72 Can't blame you for that! It's quite long. I went back and updated the first post.

What's really ticking me off is the sky...especially at night when you see nothing but color-banding where it used to be nice gradients. Royally p***** me off.

I sure understand. :cry:
    UPDATE! My laptop did a huge update yesterday that completely reset all my settings in Sims 3 to zero. Never had that happen before. Usually resets some to zero and some to low. Haven’t had time to do much testing but with just a quick look the color banding issue On darker sims does seem better. Pixilation is still there. More thorough report later when I have time to go in game and test.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    My night skies have seemed to have lost the "color-banding" (at least in Moonlight Falls) and my stars don't look like they got painted on anymore by someone with no sense of perspective. They look like they're normal night sky star-size now.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Windows seems to have fixed most of what they did wrong. There is still a green sheen on some woods. But horses look like horses again, instead of see through plastic, and the intense color banding is much better. There is still more pixilation in clothes and faces than before but it's a definite improvement. It only took them 6 months, huh @emorrill
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    My game has been affected but it doesn't bother me
    @ZeeGee Yuuuup. As if that wasn't long enough. :unamused: Geez...
    I'm glad they heard us. And this is very happy news. :star: Is it fixed in the New 2003 Windows 10 update from May?

My computer is still on 1903. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    @ZeeGee That is great news! And it only took Microsoft [those 6 months of 2020 where everyone on Earth involuntarily aged into their next life stage] to get around to it. :astonished:
    9d9hOnJ.png
    emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Yuuuup. As if that wasn't long enough. :unamused: Geez...
    I'm glad they heard us. And this is very happy news. :star: Is it fixed in the New 2003 Windows 10 update from May?

My computer is still on 1903. :p

Not sure, it did another big update this evening. I can’t get to it right now but I’ll let you know tomorrow.

@Archivist LOL

@emorrill It says it's 2004, but when I went to check the update screen it says there's another 'feature' update that I can download and install when ready. Really? Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and install it and see what happens.
    It's Windows 10 version 2004. I don't know if this means anything but Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2202.130.0

There is still some pixilation on sims faces, especially the darker skinned ones but overall the game looks so much better. Colors are crisp, wood looks real again, horses look like horses again. It looks like a 'real' environment again, which is what I always loved about Sims 3!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    It's Windows 10 version 2004. I don't know if this means anything but Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2202.130.0

There is still some pixilation on sims faces, especially the darker skinned ones but overall the game looks so much better. Colors are crisp, wood looks real again, horses look like horses again. It looks like a 'real' environment again, which is what I always loved about Sims 3!

@ZeeGee ^2004, okay. I guess I was one number off. :lol:

That's wonderful news!!! :star: Is there still pixelation on clothes and stuff? (Mainly with the plain patterns from the Misc category?) I may just finally let my computer update. :p And you said there's no more color banding and tiny pixel blocks on the wall? Or not as much? Thank you for checking on this and letting us all know. <3
    @emorrill There is still some pixilation on the faces of darker sims especially, but it's much better. I didn't think to check out plain walls! I'll do that after supper and post a pic.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    My game has not been affected
    I missed a lot, there's an update or something?
    I regret updating mine...It made mine worse.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Downloading the update now, so we'll see how that goes. On 1909, my game looks like this:
    XlpBgTD.png

Everything looks so crisp in CAS that the pixel vomit in live mode is even more awful to me. Unfortunately, the debanding filter comes with a price. That is, it smooths everything out so while some aspects look better, others look so much worse. Like wood floors, for example.

Anyway, fingers crossed that it fixes these graphical issues and doesn't kill my computer. :lol:
    I regret updating mine...It made mine worse.

@GraceyManor Was yours updated to 1909? Cause yeah that made it worse according to most folks on here. @ZeeGee is saying the new 2004 feature update (most recent) has fixed a few things.

@Emily4331 Yes please share how your game looks after the update. My computer wants to update to the 2004 and I'm pretty sure I wanna do it, but still would like some more evidence it's made things better. ;):p
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @emorrill Game looks pretty much the same, unfortunately. At least, as far the texture blockiness goes.
    @emorrill
    No, mine updated to the 2004 one.

Screenshot-37.jpg
    After photo.I don't have a before.
    @GraceyManor @Emily4331 When you updated did it reset all your sims 3 settings to zero? What graphics card do you have? Wonder if that has anything to do with it. Mine's Nvidia. Here are some pictures from my game now.

2tWuXfy.jpg

Rest in spoiler:
    Love the crisp lines on Mortimer's shirt:
    kA4dPbf.jpg

Still some pixilation in this suit but much better:
    9ifvJWb.jpg

H4fIQtU.jpg

Ou0fL71.jpg

Big difference here, used to black was pixilated all to pieces
    ziIjQvv.jpg

Darker skin still very pixilated but the color banding is much better.
    n71JNCV.jpg

Again, still there but much less visible
    FMbJ1Ps.jpg

ykCZbnP.jpg
    @ZeeGee No it didn't set them all to zero just the life span, and my nvidia inspector settings.
    Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top