Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off the grid while on the grid

One thing I've noticed is that any phone call my Sim makes (that I direct them to) makes them angry from "no signal due to not being in the grid' when they're on the grid (don't have the lot trait on the lot, they're at home). Anyone else having this?
Story_Banner.png
Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    One thing I've noticed is that any phone call my Sim makes (that I direct them to) makes them angry from "no signal due to not being in the grid' when they're on the grid (don't have the lot trait on the lot, they're at home). Anyone else having this?

Did they pay their bills? When the electricity is cut off you are essentially off the grid.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I haven't had this, and my sim did live on an Off the Grid lot, but I have heard others talk about this bug.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Did they pay their bills? When the electricity is cut off you are essentially off the grid.

Yeah, bills are paid and everything.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Literally just had that happen to my sim and don't have the off-the-grid lot trait. It was love day and she was on a date, she was angry the whole time.....it didn't go well. :D
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I have this, my sims mostly seem happy about it though, apparently it's liberating :D But they definitely do not live off the grid and have bills paid and everything.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    There's a NAP that turns off electric for one day every week, not sure about the time but it's more than once. There's also one for water that does the same thing except it effects water.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I have also experienced this issue; it happens in multiple residential neighborhoods, many of which do not have the energy conservation NAP in action. It also occurs on and off lots in both vacation worlds, where no NAPs should be in effect (although, to be fair, both vacation worlds probably should be off the grid).
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    I have this issue and I don't even have the Eco lifestyle pack.
  • EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    How do I get on the grid? Can not use hardly anything like vacuums and etc....Then my sim reads skill but not working good my sim reads then hardly getting skills leveled up to highest level...What are the cheats for keeping all their like energy hygiene up the mail box will not disable their energy hygiene etc...need help...Please
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    edited December 2021
    How do I get on the grid? Can not use hardly anything like vacuums and etc....Then my sim reads skill but not working good my sim reads then hardly getting skills leveled up to highest level...What are the cheats for keeping all their like energy hygiene up the mail box will not disable their energy hygiene etc...need help...Please

Check your lot in Build to make sure the “Off Grid” lot trait is not applied to the lot. If it’s on, all items in the house have to also be able to work off grid. Disable the lot trait if you want to use regular appliances. If the items still don’t work, it might be a bug. If you want to cheat needs, open the cheat console and enter testingcheats on, then shift click on the sim, select Cheat Need> Make Happy. That will fill all their needs. If you want to prevent needs from decaying, select Disable Need Decay instead of Make Happy.