March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways the Sims 4 is BETTER than other Sims games! (Positivity Thread)

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The Sims 4 is so good for rotational play. It's the first game where I play more than one family and I'm enjoying it way more than any previous iteration because of this.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Playing today I was enjoying the work from home vs go to work option that we have for so many careers in sims 4. It helps to not only mix it up but to kind of make work what you want it to be for your sim.. or it just makes it easy.
    Also I love the active actually go with your sim to work careers. I wish there were more.

Oh and attending University from home is a possibility now, happy that was included.
    egTcBMc.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like the graduation photos
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I like that sims can multitask now which makes it much more realistic and that we have so many jobs to choose from.
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    finally someone admits it
    I'm you.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Skills I find to be much better in Sims 4. Some skills have entire game play systems behind them like Veterinarian, Acting, Media Production, Archaeology, etc. and skills common among the other games are simply better in 4 with more interactions and perks to unlock as you progress through the skill. Social skills for example are no longer just Charisma in Sims 4, instead we also get Comedy, Mischief and recently Research and Debate.

Careers I also find to be much better in Sims 4, for one each traditional career has two separate branches, and every career added since base game has Work from Home functionality which is HUGELY appreciated for flexibility. There's also just more variety with the types of careers we have, on top of the traditional and WfH careers, we also have active careers (more likely coming in future packs), business careers (more likely coming in future packs), we have Freelancer careers (a first for the series), Odd Jobs, and many objects/skills that have money making game play abilities. All that with the addition of Fame and Education make careers even better. Also each career feels very unique and distinct with many of the careers introducing unique game play specific to that career.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I like the gender fluidity options, not just for the sims but for the CAS assets as well. It really expands the game from a story telling and stylistic stand point.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    The routing in this game is absolutely fantastic! It's such a relief knowing my sims won't get stuck just trying to move around each other! Being able to clip through each other may not be realistic, but it's convenient and funny! :D
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    The routing in this game is absolutely fantastic! It's such a relief knowing my sims won't get stuck just trying to move around each other!

LOL :D Reminds me of the time I was playtesting a TS2 lot , it was my entry at one contest. There was a narrow, only one tile wide pathway to swimming pool, Somehow the news paper from the day before ended up there. There was my sim , angry, waving at me :smile:

Sim: "Hey! Watcher! I cannot get to my pool! There is yesterdays newspaper on the ground in front of me!"
    Me: "Just step over it, you silly!"
    Sim: "I cannot, it is too huge!"
    Me: *move objects on.. ARGH!"

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    The routing in this game is absolutely fantastic! It's such a relief knowing my sims won't get stuck just trying to move around each other!

LOL :D Reminds me of the time I was playtesting a TS2 lot , it was my entry at one contest. There was a narrow, only one tile wide pathway to swimming pool, Somehow the news paper from the day before ended up there. There was my sim , angry, waving at me :smile:

Sim: "Hey! Watcher! I cannot get to my pool! There is yesterdays newspaper on the ground in front of me!"
    Me: "Just step over it, you silly!"
    Sim: "I cannot, it is too huge!"
    Me: *move objects on.. ARGH!"

This made me chuckle.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Just me, or is TS4 more stable than other games? TS3 has routing issues in some worlds, among others. When I got TS2 earlier this year, I was astonished at the size of the list on the Sims Wiki of stuff I do regularly in TS4 that will break TS2. The list is huge! It really makes my gameplay far more careful than it is in TS3 and 4.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Avoiding_corruption
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Just me, or is TS4 more stable than other games? TS3 has routing issues in some worlds, among others. When I got TS2 earlier this year, I was astonished at the size of the list on the Sims Wiki of stuff I do regularly in TS4 that will break TS2. The list is huge! It really makes my gameplay far more careful than it is in TS3 and 4.

I haven't played Sims 4 extensively, but it does seem that way. I will give it that. Granted without having played it long it's hard to tell long term stability.

Unfortunately, to avoid that long list of things that cause corruption we had to give up the detailed memory system that Sims 2 had. I wish they had had the time to make a better memory system instead of scraping it or having a bare bones one like in Sims 3.
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »

I haven't played Sims 4 extensively, but it does seem that way. I will give it that. Granted without having played it long it's hard to tell long term stability.

Unfortunately, to avoid that long list of things that cause corruption we had to give up the detailed memory system that Sims 2 had. I wish they had had the time to make a better memory system instead of scraping it or having a bare bones one like in Sims 3.

I still have hope
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am thrilled the Sims 4 is on Steam now. I love Steam.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am thrilled the Sims 4 is on Steam now. I love Steam.

Yeah some people prefer steamed over origin a lot of my family does I think so I'll have more people to suggest the Sims 4 2
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Also, a lot of people forget about this but the sims 3 was full of expensive micro transactions through the sims store which were pushed and advertised in every part of the game. I haven't costed it up fully but to buy everything from the sims store would cost more than the entirety of the sims 4 packs put together, and that's excluding TS3 expansions.
    On the store theres 11 different worlds, and each of these cost $35 or $20 to buy the full version and they never go down in price, then there's other things on the store which are individual lots that cost 20 bucks.

I found this online from where somebody costed it all up and... yikes.
    I ran the numbers. I went to the Sims 3 store and searched for "*" and got 3190 results. I took the average of the first 50 results and it came to 233.5 simpoints. A simpoint is worth 10 cents. So everything on the Sims 3 store costs approximately $74,486.50. As for DLC/the game itself, the total is $439.81. So grand total, you're looking at $74,926.31 to own everything the Sims 3 has to offer. Start saving those pennies!

Thankfully they ditched these micro transactions with TS4 which is just another way TS4 is better than ts3
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Also, a lot of people forget about this but the sims 3 was full of expensive micro transactions through the sims store which were pushed and advertised in every part of the game. I haven't costed it up fully but to buy everything from the sims store would cost more than the entirety of the sims 4 packs put together, and that's excluding TS3 expansions.
    On the store theres 11 different worlds, and each of these cost $35 or $20 to buy the full version and they never go down in price, then there's other things on the store which are individual lots that cost 20 bucks.

I found this online from where somebody costed it all up and... yikes.
    I ran the numbers. I went to the Sims 3 store and searched for "*" and got 3190 results. I took the average of the first 50 results and it came to 233.5 simpoints. A simpoint is worth 10 cents. So everything on the Sims 3 store costs approximately $74,486.50. As for DLC/the game itself, the total is $439.81. So grand total, you're looking at $74,926.31 to own everything the Sims 3 has to offer. Start saving those pennies!

Thankfully they ditched these micro transactions with TS4 which is just another way TS4 is better than ts3

HOLY......CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I remember seeing a user who had tallied up the store and came up with $7000+ which is more realistic to me. Maybe a decimal point went askew somewhere?
    #Team Occult
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I remember seeing a user who had tallied up the store and came up with $7000+ which is more realistic to me. Maybe a decimal point went askew somewhere?

I've always been confused on how The Sims 3 Store works. If it's that much is that like, EA/Maxis items they had for sale and you could buy? Or is it players/CC creators making items and could sell it in the store? I never played TS3 so I have no idea how it works but was always curious.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I really enjoy having the calendar system and being able to see things like the weather forecast, upcoming birthdays, holidays, and the work/school schedule all in one place.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    I think the sims 4 is a stable game..I have all the packs installed except eco living and it all works seamlessly. That should be number one of importance and then your personal fun and engagement values ...I tend to lean heavily on my imagination for that but...I do want satisfying environments, homey build and buy features to add dimension and diversity. I am happier with the stability of The Sims 4 than I have been with any other version and yep, I have been playing since the beginning with the sims 1. I also have to add that I love the clothes that come with the packs and the hair styles....the sims 4 team has really come a long ways with both of those things. I applaud the fact that the sims continues to be a community supported stand alone game. There is several gaming opportunities for folks to engage with other players within the game world but sims has always been a stand alone private experience. The world of gaming cannot avoid those who do make immersive experiences unhappy and sometimes challenging on a personal level..so I like the quiet peaceful sims neighborhoods just as they are.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020

Yeah that's probably more likely. In the other quote they said they used the top 20 items which are probably gonna be the more expensive ones rather than the 30 simpoint accesories which probably skewed the results. Still, a lottttt of money :#

I've always been confused on how The Sims 3 Store works. If it's that much is that like, EA/Maxis items they had for sale and you could buy? Or is it players/CC creators making items and could sell it in the store? I never played TS3 so I have no idea how it works but was always curious.
    It's all official EA stuff, it was basically just the more expensive precursor to stuff packs and game packs

Yeah that's probably more likely. In the other quote they said they used the top 20 items which are probably gonna be the more expensive ones rather than the 30 simpoint accesories which probably skewed the results. Still, a lottttt of money :#

It's all official EA stuff, it was basically just the more expensive precursor to stuff packs and game packs

They had Stuff Packs with Sims 2.

Neither system is all good or all bad.

The store let players who just wanted a Stuff Pack for a single hair buy just that single hair for a lot less than the cost of a Stuff Pack. And let EA release things that didn't necessarily have enough other related stuff to put together for a Stuff Pack or Game Pack.

But with just Stuff Packs and Game Packs the release cadence is a lot slower and the total cost to own everything is a lot less. I'm not sure which I prefer.

I do like that they added Game Packs to the type of packs released. Let's them add stuff that's too much for a stuff pack but too little for an expansion pack.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

The store let players who just wanted a Stuff Pack for a single hair buy just that single hair for a lot less than the cost of a Stuff Pack. And let EA release things that didn't necessarily have enough other related stuff to put together for a Stuff Pack or Game Pack.

But with just Stuff Packs and Game Packs the release cadence is a lot slower and the total cost to own everything is a lot less. I'm not sure which I prefer.

I do like that they added Game Packs to the type of packs released. Let's them add stuff that's too much for a stuff pack but too little for an expansion pack.

My main issue with the Sims 3 store (besides the invasive ads and emails pushing players to buy all the time, especially in-game right in CAS) was the fact that you had to purchase Sim points and couldn't just buy something at a set value. So in order to buy that one hair, you were still forced to spend seven or eight dollars for the minimum Sim points. And just to buy one world with a few extras ended up costing the same as an EP in sim points. It was highway robbery. I never want to see that method again.
    #Team Occult

My main issue with the Sims 3 store (besides the invasive ads and emails pushing players to buy all the time, especially in-game right in CAS) was the fact that you had to purchase Sim points and couldn't just buy something at a set value. So in order to buy that one hair, you were still forced to spend seven or eight dollars for the minimum Sim points. And just to buy one world with a few extras ended up costing the same as an EP in sim points. It was highway robbery. I never want to see that method again.

Like I said, neither system is all good or all bad.

I didn't buy too many sim points and only really went after the worlds that I wanted. Since those were the only ones that really were close to getting the same bang for your buck as with stuff packs.