Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can’t we upload pictures from our computer on the Sims forum?

The process to upload own photos to show an example to me is unnecessary when other sites allows you to upload from your PC

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I never understood this. It's so complicated especially from a cellphone. I would post more pictures if not for that. I have to first upload them to another site and find the right link to copy and etc etc
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    yep hate using imgur. I feel your pain.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I completely agree. I guess EA just doesn't want to pay for image hosting.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited June 2020
    I suspect it has to do with what people can upload that is inappropriate. With having a photo upload place in between, there is someone else helping with accountability.

But it would be nice if we could upload directly! Unfortunately, they require that you give them a mobile phone number to make an account so that they can do "verification". That's not possible if you are a "landline" person like me with only an old flip phone for emergency only use.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I know some forums do this because when you have a forum there is limited storage space without paying more. Any photos uploaded right to the forums are stored on that forums storage space. Photos uploaded elsewhere and then posted are not.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    yep hate using imgur. I feel your pain.

Typically, that's what I use; but as of late, it is impossible to use on mobile. The BB Code option is no longer there, and if I pull it up as desktop site on my phone, it breaks. Imgur, in my opinion, despite the fact that many people flocked to it after Yahoo sold them to SmugMug, and they went to a subscription model; is more of a social media platform than hosting service. To me, Post Image is a little sketchy (gotta watch--they WILL try to stick advertising links in your links; which have to be deleted), but works. Most of the other forums I'm on have upload limits; as their hosting service has bandwidth limits for certain tiers. On one, we have to keep our photos under 1000x1000.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Good question
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Imgbb.com is a great alternative to imgur. I use it all the time and you don't even need an account. It works so easily.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Imgbb.com is a great alternative to imgur. I use it all the time and you don't even need an account. It works so easily.

Thank you for this! It looks easy and it didn't require the dreaded "mobile phone" verification (which always means I can't use it.)