Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't harvest from insect farm

Hi all, I have another bug (pun intended) to add to the Eco Living list! For some reason I can only harvest from my insect farms once. I get fuel or flour or whatever, and the next day when the tooltip says it's ready to harvest again, the action is greyed out. I can only harvest again if I clean the farm out and restock it with new insects.
Posting a new thread as I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere else.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You basically have to obsessively nurture them. Their health declines after harvest. Someone said it was like 18 times if it’s in the declining stage. There is a mod out by little ms sam that drastically cuts down on the nurturing if you use mods. I’d assume it’s still a bug though since it should take that much to get their health back up.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have this bug, too. Health is fine, but I can only harvest once. The next time it says 'ready', the interaction to harvest remains greyed out. Have to delete and replace the insect farm.
  • asthehindasthehind Posts: 28 Member
    I discovered that their health recovers a bit if you give them compost from the toilet. Once it stops declining you can harvest again. It would be helpful for the tooltip to tell you that they're not healthy enough to harvest from.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Does 'clean out' the nest make everything start all over again?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Does 'clean out' the nest make everything start all over again?

Yes. On a positive note, I was finally able to harvest a second time after nurturing a few more times.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    great!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Mishka487Mishka487 Posts: 86 Member
    They really need to fix it so you don't have to spend so much time nurturing your insects. I have a sim constantly tending to them all day, to the point that that sim doesn't have time to do anything else. Please fix it soon especially since it's the only way to get bio fuel. If anyone knows how you can make bio fuel another way please let me know. Thanks (P.S. - I use compost from the toilet but that only seems to keep them well fed not well nurtured.)
  • Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 6 New Member
    My issue is when I harvest from the insect farm it does not count towards the Maker aspiration?