Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the new MAC makeup?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I haven't updated yet but I get the impression that I won't like most of it, or use it regularly, once I do.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I like the blush and a couple of the lipsticks, but am not a fan of the rest, unfortunately.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I like the one gradient lipstick, but I would uninstall all the rest if I could.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like some of the lipsticks, the more casual looking eye shadows and the blush, though you can’t see it on darker skin tones.

The eyeliners however, ew ! Why give us stuff we’re not gonna use instead of versatile stuff we could use all the time ?
    Also, one of the eyeliners looks like, well you know.....
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Nope, I view them as unwanted bloatware. I even found a mod to hide them.
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I like the lip stuff, I like one of the cheek options and only one of the eye shadows. I really hate the eye-liner. The solid eye-liner looks horrible. I saw a townie using the under-eye liner with the "diamond" looking spot and she some how pulled it off but not my jam.
  • FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    I'm not liking the eyeshadows very much and the eyeliner... OMG no! :D.
    But I was happy about that one lipstick. I'm playing without CC and I've been wishing for more natural lipsticks for a long time, cause most of my Simladies walk around with lipgloss, due to lack of natural lipstick... :/
    I'm not liking the blushes either btw o:) .

I could be wrong but I think the blush ones are meant to be more for contour. The one that covers the whole face is the one I've been using. I find one that matches the best to the skin tone of that sim and it seems to have a slight contour affect.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    If I come up with a look I want to make where it uses the MAC makeup, I'll use it. If not, I won't.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2020
    Some. I really don't use much makeup in the first place; mostly in the formal category, and sometimes the party category. And then there's the fact I don't like real-life brands in my game. That being said, I have used it. One, maybe two types of the MAC-branded makeup in each category. The rest of it is a little odd. While often seen on runway models, most people don't wear it. Thus, I don't use it. But it keeps coming up on townies! Even when MCCC is set to draw Sims exactly as they were created! All of those Sims I know did not use that makeup when they were created; either by me or other Simmers. And for the most part, many of those Sims long predate this makeup.

It is very high-quality looking. As good as much of the CC makeup.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Lipstick probably moreso my only favorite takeaway for it and the one eyeshadow with the highlight at the corner of the eyes. (The face blushes isn't too bad).

Everything else seems too much like costume makeup. Probably only good for my sims to wear when Spooky Day comes around.

The only lipstick that was 'eh' for me though I do wanna like it is the gloss one. Perhaps overly done in shininess where it looks a bit odd, plus not soft enough to compliment all skin tones since there's not a lot of choices for decent gloss (especially in color) ones. Though everything else looks good.

4JuprsL.png?1
    ioRfIdt.png?1
    uu8CjFT.png?1

Just wish all of the makeup could be better. Makes you have a better appreciation for the Luxury Party makeup.
    nxPzYpR.png?1

5vJrxmT.png
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    No, I don't like the look of it, unfortunately. It's kind of odd, the eyeshadow seems like it was made to go over one particular eye shape and I haven't found the one that fits yet.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2020
    I do like them. I just wish makeup had more earth and jewel tone color options. Colors are far too ashy for makeup. I do makeup on myself and know how to contour. I am not artistic, but makeup is one of the few ways that allows me to be.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I don't like MAC as a company, and I have so much CC that's miles better and actually looks like makeup on a sims face instead of sharpie marker.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    I like the lipsticks and the I like using the blush when making the hot day weather wear and their swimwear because I can make them look sunburnt or have a tan
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2020
    I LOVE IT ALL!

It looks so good on sims with dark skin color and I love to use it on one of my male sim. He looks too good with the make up.
    orez.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I use cc don't want my Sims looking like clowns.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PixyPixy Posts: 16 Member
    A couple of the lipsticks and eyeshadows are nice or at least have some nice swatches, and the blushes would be worth the collaboration even if everything else was a complete wash.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Not the eyeliners! Like the full face blush and some of the lipsticks (especially the subtle one). The more subtle eyeshadow is nice too.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    tumblr_o4ewwnft1j1r0kovlo8_r1_500.gif

The few items I actually like I already have in the form of CC, and I prefer the CC versions.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    I like the subtle lipstick, but everything else, sheesh. I might use some of it for parties, but I keep being traumatised when I see random townies walking by in it. I'm not the biggest fan.
    banner.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love the blushes. We needed that badly. The lipsticks are pretty good too but there's one tone that looks just wrong, like it's not blended right. The eyeliners... meh, again, they're too harsh or something? The rest of the game has a certain look and this looks like it's not even made with the same program? Like someone took my sim into MS paint or something and just smeared a bright colour over it. The eye shadows are also hit or miss. Some are done really well, others... not so much. I'm not opposed to the colours they chose so much as the textures are just bad or wrong or something and they look really out of place with the rest of the sim. Over all though, I do like most of what was added.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have Sims that look good with some of the more ‘regular’ styles, but I have some Sims that go bold with makeup and I LOVE having more options for them. It is a nice mix.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not a big make up fan, but some of my sims wear it and I appreciate having more options - even wilder ones! Some of the blushes and lipsticks seem like a really good addition.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The not so extra eyeshadows look good on my sims, also the blushes and and lipsticks, but I'm not a fan of the glossy lipstick. The extra ones could be used on some occults.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited June 2020
    I like it! I do wish the eye liner actually lined up with the eyes. But it's not too noticeable in this very pink combo, lol!

8sc2eAg.png