Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use cheats?

Every so often I will use the right click + mailbox with testing cheats on to fill household needs if they get too bad. I cant even recall the last time I've used money cheats because that just takes the fun out of things. I've never used skill cheats neither.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you use cheats? 182 votes

Yes
51%
auroraael14bshag4lvrudy8292GalacticGalLaBlue0314NighteyesKathy090660WrenryIsb917sennawalesMeteoraStormStrangerthanSageRainWillowmercuryfoamfreindlylolfriendlysimmerswylmite1986luthienrisinggoodcakebaker62Simberella777 94 votes
No
6%
vancanuckfan86Sasquatch7babajayneBagoas77MindofyAquariusMomAlwe1507NationalPokedexambaraGilbertStrangePennyDezzyFox 11 votes
Sometimes
35%
Bluegaylelisamwittjonilla1AlrynnTheSpotted_CDOLLDRMS1AuroraBoreallisjcs7219ncisGibbs02renzillajimbbqJestTruloubyloulouDarkLady2788determigLustianiciaSimplyJenhunniboo1ClassicalSimfallenangel66 65 votes
Other:
6%
CamkathaneulShadowX116IvyeyedDoloresGreyBearpal64KerliaNorthDakotaGamerKimmerHoveraelArcherDKEldrai 12 votes

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other:
    I use resetsim quite a lot and I cheat away some money when I get my sims a pet via CAS. Once I gave my sim a plastic surgery and I cheated away 200K simoleons.

That's it. I don't really consider these as cheats.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes
    Free real estate cheats when moving a sim into a new home, and money cheats to lower the amount of money they have.
    Move object cheats when trying to place decore items, but always make sure there are not any routing issues as a result.
    And the last thing I will use a cheat on is if something happened because of a game glitch, I will use a cheat to restore.

I don't know if this is considered cheating but I do unlock the career promotion lock items and open up buydebug. The only time I won't unlock the career items is if any of my sims are in that career or I'm planning on a sim to work in that field, but most of my sims are now self-employed. I even use a mod that unlocks all the career items in CAS.
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    Sometimes
    I use cheats when setting up unplayed townies around different worlds: I give them skills and promote them in their careers, so the entire universe is established with a variety of characters/personalities.

In played households, I will cheat by giving free real estate if I want to start off with a wealthy family. Otherwise, I prefer not to do the money cheats because like you mentioned, it does take the fun away. I like to play and see the progression in my sims’ lives with the lifestyle they earn. If I’m lazy I will cheat and give a head start on some skills with the sims I don’t play so much. The “main” sims I play though, I will focus on them and actually tend to them and build skills properly.

As for needs, I don’t like to cheat but I will make all their bars green if necessary. (for example, if a sim is about to fall face first due to exhaustion. Nope buddy, you are getting married today.)
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    Yes
    I don't use cheats to fill needs (but I have mod for slower decay). I have permanentely turned on all building cheats.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    Free real estate, reset, and removing mood buffs.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sometimes
    I use them a lot for my story saves. Weather and times of day, for example.

My gameplay save is the only one I don't use cheats on, except for resets if they get stuck or whatever.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sometimes
    It depends on which family I’m playing. 🤔

I’ll motherlode a Sim I made to be wealthy or they’d end up with basic furniture! 😂

I use kaching when settling in my Sims if they don’t have enough at start up for basic stuff or I need an extra room etc, and then they get a job.
    Also reset Sim is used a lot!

I’ll only use reset Sim on challenges though if the Sim gets stuck and nothing works.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sometimes
    When I play my "rags to riches" sessions, I use the cheat to have them start off with 0 simoleons. I sometimes also use money cheats for Sims I don't intend to play, but want to live in a certain house they couldn't afford right away otherwise.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Sometimes
    Occasionally.
    I like free real estate to give my sims a nice place to start. I use money cheats to reduce their money. For example I let them pay for new clothes. And if I have a story line I want to play out I use mccc to set the number and gender of babies to the story I have in mind.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other:
    entirely depends on the circumstances in my case. most of the time i don't have a reason to cheat even though i have the ability to use them quickly.

when building new households i'll cheat some traits, a little money and then keep the household ready to be used again in order to create the correctly. at least when i do start a brand new save that household in effect wasn't cheated into the new save.

sometimes i want to create a new save and dump a pile of sims in i'll want to use "freerealestate on" from the console and set up correct relationships from MCCC.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Other:
    I use them to fix bugs or glitches and I don't consider that cheating.

I also use them to build but again, I don't think it's cheating to unlock items I should have had access to anyways. Something like a different skinned easel shouldn't be locked by arbitrary game play. (Just my opinion).

I'll also use the free real estate and sometimes the odd skill cheats when setting up a new neighbourhood. I don't see this as cheating either since Maxis would do exactly that when building and placing the Goths, for example. I normally don't play with the sims I've added this way though, they're just there to be townies and the odd one might marry into my family, but again, I don't see the difference between myself doing that or Maxis adding the Goths, Pancakes or Landgraabs.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other:
    It depends on the save file, and what is needed.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    I use the cheats for... build and buy mode, full edit in CAS and to give a sim a degree for university because I'm opposed to my sim's needs crashing and still being on academic probation even though they did everything they are supposed to do in a timely manner. My sim doesn't need to starve to death because they are trying to better themselves. Yes, that always happens when I have a sim go to university because taking time to eat and sleep and shower and saying hi to som It's not like we actually have the effects of sleep deprivation in the game while my sim is at university. I don't use the ones to fill needs, get skill levels maxed or for aspirations or other needs. I'll flag my sim as immortal temporally to achieve aspirations and max out skills during a life cycle. I don't know if temporary immortality counts as a cheat though.

Also used a money cheat in a rags to riches challenge to start my sim with no money
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Other:
    I only use cheat bar to reset Sims, moveobjects (rarely) and sometimes I need to use freerealestate to move in some neighbors. There are probably some other codes that I've used occasionally if I play a challenge that requires something or to fix a bug in the game, for example one of my teen Sims changed promise rings with his girlfriend, but when they aged up to young adults they couldn't get married. I made them break up and cheated their romantic relationship back. I still haven't married them, hopefully they can do it now.
    I never cheat money or skills to my Sims.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Sometimes
    I generally only use reset sim on my active sims. But I do use skill cheats and free real estate for townies.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Other:
    Yes, but basically never to make the game easier. Is there a version of cheating that’s anti-cheating? I use cheats to either

1. Get around a bug or glitch when the game clearly isn’t working as intended.
    2. Make extra challenges for myself (make skills harder, add more random problems, reduce my sims money, etc)
    3. Set up a scenario/starting situation I have in mind before getting into gameplay (cheating relationships to their correct starting point or moving into a big house so they’ll have higher bills when the game starts, etc).

The Sims 4 is already too easy, IMO, so “cheating” in the sense of making my sims happy or cheating up their skills is rarely appealing to me. But I do use mods and cheats to get the game the way I want it.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    My games been increasingly glitchy at the moment so I've had to reset my sim a lot to get things to work (ie my sim randomly decides to use a computer and she won't stop even though I cancel the interaction, she walks over to the other side of the house, sits down, and then cancels :s ). I use a lot of cheats at this point, freerealestate is pretty common as I've been trying to fill the world with sims, move objects is always on and I pretty regularly use the modify in CAS option when I see ugly townies walking the streets

Also just an FYI since I don't think many people know this, if you just type "Money [insert number]" (like money 500) in the cheat panel it'll change your household money to that amount instantly, much easier than 500 kachings.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    yes i always have the cheats activated in sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I use resetsim, show debug items and recently i have been using set eco footprint.
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    Yes
    I will use resetsim, occasionally debug, moveobjects, money cheats when I play with a pack for the first time or for story purposes, I have used MCCC command center to disable monster under the bed, allow marriage with multiple people (Story purposes!) always allow birth control, etc. I use cheats often, but that's just how I play. :)
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sometimes
    I will only use cheats to move objects and free build occasionally. Game play cheats are a strict no in my game. I don't even use the satisfaction point rewards as even they feel like cheating to me.
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Yes
    Same as most, stuff like resetsim, all the build cheats is normal for me. I don't really use the money cheat (except to take away money). Oh, and I use cheats to get rid of annoying townies waltzing into my house uninvited and trying to bake 200 cakes or something.
    I sometimes use the skill or trait cheat when I'm creating a sim with a backstory and don't want to play them.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Yes
    I use cheats for building and decorating lots, freerealestate to populate worlds after removing townies, and right now environmental cheats to keep world in the industrial footstep.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Yes
    I use cheats regularly, but almost never for actual gameplay.

I use cheats to up a sim's career or skill levels if I need that sim to have been "around" for a while for story reasons but I just made them, I use relationship cheats to make sure sims who are supposed to be old friends are, I use the free real estate one to move in a family to a home I made them and then cheat down their funds to a more realistic level. I use the unlocks for items hidden from me or locked behind gameplay I have no intention of doing, I use build mode cheats to decorate better. I use reset sim and motive cheats to deal with random bugs or glitches.

Almost all of the cheats I use are to set up a world, or to fix problems, or building/decorating.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    I use them all the time because I play to tell stories, not for a challenge. My storyline getting interrupted from low money/needs makes the game a lot less fun to me.