Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a few things I would like to see in Sims 4

joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
1: Sims do not make the bed all the time.
2: Animals do not make the auto lights come on.
3: Service to order more items than pizza. Burgers, Chinese Food, etc...
4: Children will move to a table to do their homework.
5: More decal-type wall art
6: Ability to post things on the refrigerator.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
Post edited by joRN1414 on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    7: a grocery shop where sims can buy other ingredients besides fruit and vegs, like fish, meat, tofu...
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes!! Like in Sims 3, right?

Yes!! Haha
    Found a couple more...
    8: Cabinets for the Realm of Magic counters
    9: Ceiling fans with lights
  • _hanzolo_hanzolo Posts: 74 Member
    I love these ideas, kids drawings and report cards on the fridge would be so cute! And I really want more food delivery options.

I would like more activities for kids & young families such as: football, picnics, family reunion parties, treehouses, kids riding bikes (why are they adult only?), kids being able to walk the dog on their own or walking the dog in a group.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    3: Service to order more items than pizza. Burgers, Chinese, etc...

Somehow, I don't agree on how we use this term, because it seems like one is ordering a person. As someone who is half-Chinese, I always feel weird when one wants to order Chinese take out. Perhaps adding food, would make it sounds better? ;)

Anywho, this is interesting thread.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    3: Service to order more items than pizza. Burgers, Chinese, etc...

Somehow, I don't agree on how we use this term, because it seems like one is ordering a person. As someone who is half-Chinese, I always feel weird when one wants to order Chinese take out. Perhaps adding food, would make it sounds better? ;)

Anywho, this is interesting thread.

🤨
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2020
    @XAMIRA99
    I feel you on this :D it's a little odd. If its fair, everyone says that about any food? I ordered Jamaican, Italian, Mexican? lol
    Man i wish sims can order mexican food for delivery...
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 134 Member
    > @joRN1414 said:
    > 1: Sims do not make the bed all the time.
    > 2: Animals do not make the auto lights come on.
    > 3: Service to order more items than pizza. Burgers, Chinese Food, etc...
    > 4: Children will move to a table to do their homework.
    > 5: More decal-type wall art
    > 6: Ability to post things on the refrigerator.

I like all of these. I get kinda annoyed when my sims make the bed all the time even though they dont have the neat trait.
  • beigewyngbeigewyng Posts: 18 Member
    I would like them to not EAT while brushing their teeth. Not to go outside in the cold to eat at the outside table when there is an empty inside table right in the dining room. Not to say they can't get to the fridge or any other activity when another sim is there and instead just wait a second for the other sim to leave without losing track of my command. Stop standing there and sighing stupidly for a while before going to school when they are already late. Don't stand in front of the fridge to eat. Take care of the BABY without me having to tell you to. Stop taking the toddler down as soon as they ask when they are still hungry and haven't eaten yet. In fact, when they are hungry, put them in the chair AUTOMATICALLY and don't take them down until they are done or until I say. When we have a party at the house, every sim ACT like they are at a party and stay at the meal and participate instead of going around playing the computer and making me have to look for you.
  • Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    I would LOVE...
    1. The ability to give babies a bath, in the sink or wherever/ add a baby changing station so the child feels like more than an object
    2. Various food deliveries, like @joRN11414 suggested (pizza, chinese, italian, mexican, sushi, dessert, burgers, ect...)
    3. The ability for kids to jump on the bed
    4. Grocery store, so the food just doesn't appear out of nowhere. (@telmarina)
    5. More interactions with children, such as marco polo, tag, hide and seek, making a secret handshake between best friends
    6. The ability to slow dance or children to dance on parents' feet
    7. Teens to develop acne or get braces
    8. In S2, a bus came to pick up the children/teens for school. That would be nice instead of them just disappearing
    9. Parents to teach kids to swim or ride bikes. I think it is weird they already know how to do that.
    10. Addition of skateboard or rollerblades or volleyball to the activity list
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    _hanzolo wrote: »
    I love these ideas, kids drawings and report cards on the fridge would be so cute! And I really want more food delivery options.

I would like more activities for kids & young families such as: football, picnics, family reunion parties, treehouses, kids riding bikes (why are they adult only?), kids being able to walk the dog on their own or walking the dog in a group.

yes they could beg their parents to put up their artwork on the fridge or something silly like that. and i agree to kids walking the pet to higher their responsibility if you have parenthood
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @telmarina wrote: »
    7: a grocery shop where sims can buy other ingredients besides fruit and vegs, like fish, meat, tofu...

Actually that is in the game right now if you have Get To Work. I think the reason why people don't realized that grocery shopping exist is because they didn't built any premade lot to it. IF you want one this is how it works.

1. Have a Sim buy a retail store or Build One.
    2. Buy the Lice Cold retail Freezer(forgot the complete name)
    3. Put some harvestables like fruits and fish.
    4. Sell the Store.

If your sim decided to visit the store, you will be able to have grocery shopping. Say you put 1 apple in the freezer. Once you control a sim who does not own the retail store to do grocery shopping, the sim will have the ability to buy unlimited numbers of apple. The system exist in the game, the devs didn't just used it to build a preamade one, which is why I think a lot seem to not know that grocery shopping is already in the game.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    On Topic, Sims that have actual personalities.
  • JusTai91JusTai91 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see some new expansion packs with more couches and bedding/bed options. Also should include throw pillows that can be placed on beds or couches and throw blankets.
    The expansion ack should be a Hippie Theme pack with decor items. Should also include new game play where there is hippie town.

The Second Expansion pack idea should be a Miscellaneous stuff pack for more counters to choose from, couches,curtains, pillows and blankets should include more deco stuff for game. Realistic items even like water heater. Vacuums etc...
    And finally on Expansions, the game should include a pantry pack for food items to place in kitchens and restaurants in diners etc....such as cereal boxes/bags. Loads of bread, can goods..allow u to make your sim a pantry. Which should include as well double ovens and build in microwaves.

Now as far as CAS goes I'd like to suggest adding updates for being able to allow sims to have artificial nails and choose colors patterns etc. Or few select choices and also add more accessories such as women's purses/bags and other shoe options..

I would like to end this by saying as far as adding to game play. There should be option to do more naturally realistic things such as allow sims mop floor/sweep by own choice. Not just when spill is made. There should as well be home alarms bring back the fun little things. As detective I should be able to be a Judge as well and have interactive choice options where go work with sim and in court room. Customizable court room. And choices affect other players in games relationships etc. . ND LASTLY IT WOULD BE GREAT TO HAVE GAS STATIONS FUNCTIONING WHERE CAN DRIVE MY SIMS CAR BE IN CONTROL OF CAR LIKE RPG AND GET GAS AND DRIVE WORK OR OTHER PLACES WITHOUT HEAVY LONG LOAD SCREENS.!!! THANKS FOR READING..... HOPE ITS TO COME ATLEAST SOON.....
    I would love to see nail polish/artificial nails. When I used CC this was one of my favorite things.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @telmarina wrote: »

Actually that is in the game right now if you have Get To Work. I think the reason why people don't realized that grocery shopping exist is because they didn't built any premade lot to it. IF you want one this is how it works.

1. Have a Sim buy a retail store or Build One.
    2. Buy the Lice Cold retail Freezer(forgot the complete name)
    3. Put some harvestables like fruits and fish.
    4. Sell the Store.

If your sim decided to visit the store, you will be able to have grocery shopping. Say you put 1 apple in the freezer. Once you control a sim who does not own the retail store to do grocery shopping, the sim will have the ability to buy unlimited numbers of apple. The system exist in the game, the devs didn't just used it to build a preamade one, which is why I think a lot seem to not know that grocery shopping is already in the game.

Thanks for the imput. I'll try to do that.
  • 1r571r57 Posts: 2 New Member
    I might be late to this and there is a lot I would love to see (I hope I don't come off as greedy, I love the game and what they're doing with it) this in my mind would just make it better.

1. I want wants,fears, Turn off's and on's, Favorites (Color, Food, Drinks, Music, TV channel?)
    2. Online Dating
    3. Color Wheel for hair and Skin Tones
    4. Dual Eye Colors (Which we already got for pets and not humans?) Vitaligo, Burn Marks, Body Hair, Stretch Marks and Prothsetics would be nice too
    5. Sleepovers for kids (I don't want to  have to edit sim from house to house for a one night sleepover) and more events like a baby shower, bachelor/bachelorette party, Pool Party
    6. More Traits (The sims 4 traits are severely lacking and they don't really affect their personality like they should, if I had a character who "Hates Children" They'd  still be  nice to it and have desires to be friendly with them which shouldn't be a thing. Or if your character is lazy or a slob they shouldn't automatically make their bed every day
    7. I really want firefighters and robbers back in the game, also the possibility of your teens being picked up by the police when sneaking out. Which would have been perfect for Get To Work where they introduced the cop career. Though I will say I didn't like in the game that they always got caught, i'd like more of a 50/50 chance that they don't so you never know what will happen. (Poor ryan went to jail so many times)

It'd also kinda be fun if you could click on the officer and decide how you react, Whether you comply with them or run away and sometimes if  you click attempt to run away it doesn't work and you still get caught OH or bribing your way out, stuff like that (No attacking though, this isn't GTA) Though i'd just be fine with the original way they did it too in the other game

8. NPC Story Progression (But hopefully you're able to turn it off for played households)
    9. Bands...It's not a big thing but I want it, same with a mall
    10. More things for your kids and teens to do, I don't even care if it's a rabbit hole, just give them some moodlets and i'm good, prom (Being able to choose a date, dress up your sim and maybe getting a picture in your invintory later) Graduation, Sending them to the movies, school events or after school activities and ect.. would all be nice. If they wanted to go above they could still just make it a rabbit hole but situations could pop up like "Someone next to carly is playing on their phone while others are trying to watch the movie" and you can either pick to ignore it or tell them to stop and whatever happens after "Carly told the person next to her to stop and embarrassed the person put their phone away" Or "They told her to mind her own business"
    10.Oh and speaking of choice cards I want more for the advice and school stuff, in the Parenthood pack teachers call home and sometimes your kid has to make decisions on problems or they did something and the teachers are calling which is really fun and adds a bit of story but when you get the same ones over and over and over it get's old fast, so i'd really love if they added more so their is a bigger variety. 
  • starrox3starrox3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really love it if:

Get to Work
    •Doctors may treat their own illnesses with the appropriate medication/shot at home
    •Sims can go to the hospital for illnesses and for baby delivery (like the vet office!)

Discover University
    •Sims could choose class times so that it doesn't interfere with work hours
    •Sims could choose to only do classes on weekends or night classes

New Idea: a dating type app. I believe this was already an idea in a recent poll, but I think it would make meeting datable sims easier. That could be a whole new game pack or just a stuff pack! Could even add a matchmaking career.

--This is my first post :D
  • ShadePascalShadePascal Posts: 5 New Member
    Better skintones especially for the darker tones (they’re all very purple or red)
    Spiral staircases, Spiral Staircases... SPIRAL STAIRCASES!!!
    More non cc film jobs
    More converted sims 3 traits
    CARS!
    Broomsticks and horses that act like cars or bikes
    (Thank you for ladders, but we could really use the rest too)
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Better skintones especially for the darker tones (they’re all very purple or red)
    Spiral staircases, Spiral Staircases... SPIRAL STAIRCASES!!!
    More non cc film jobs
    More converted sims 3 traits
    CARS!
    Broomsticks and horses that act like cars or bikes
    (Thank you for ladders, but we could really use the rest too)

The game is not designed for cars and all neighborhoods would require pretty significant overhauls to even add the capability. There are multiple land locked houses in Brindleton Bay, Windenberg, and Sulani, and several of the neighborhoods don't even have roads. Plus, travel is already instantaneous, so there's really no point to cars other than slowing down the travel process. Without community lots having integrated roads like they did in TS2 and TS3, cars would pretty much have to reside in your inventory when traveling, which is just weird.
    TS2 and TS3 had cars and roads already core and essential to how parts of the game operated, even long before player owned cars came into the game. Carpools came to pick you up for work. Busses came to get kids for school. Taxis came to take you to the airport for travel, and pretty much every service had a business vehicle they parked outside while they were on your lot. Adding the ability for you to have your own car in TS2 and TS3 expanded on existing elements that were already in place, elements that absolutely do not exist in TS4. I think at this point in the game's life, TS4 is not really capable of getting cars just based on the sheer amount of overhaul that would be needed to even make them usable.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I would like to see interactions like asking parents blessing, having an engagement parties/bridal showers and groom parties. Think how cute it would be if your sims could ask their parents or friends about marriage and what they think about the person they wish to marry. Imagine the drama of inviting exes or disapproving parents and they try to trash the wedding. Or having the kid react to someone who will be their step-parent.
  • foxy_roxy810foxy_roxy810 Posts: 1 New Member
    - Inheritance when sims die
    - Turn ons and turn offs
    - The robber
    - More personality traits
    - Colour wheel for all customization - objects and sims

Basically, make a graphically superior version of Sims 2 haha
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    In general gameplay:
    -Please add a No Clowns option. This would go for NPCs as well as images such as for the bowling lanes and decorations.
    -Please add more vacant lot options in different sizes. Too many 30x20 lots.
    -More personality traits (more along the lines of what was available in Sims 3)
    -Add a merge rooms option for build mode

Pets:
    -Please FIX the dachshund! Maybe add the ability to adjust leg length and body length would be helpful. Also, being able to adjust chest girth as a dachshund has a deeper chest than what is being shown in Sims 4. The dachshund in Sims 3 was fantastic.
    -Horses and ponies
    -More options for appearance of rats (while I LOVE that you added rats as pets, it would be great if they looked less like mice and you can pick a range of coats for them).
    -Hummingbirds and hummingbird feeders
    -Fostering pets options

The following could be a new pack (Academia expansion pack) or just add-ons to University (I may also post this one under new expansion pack ideas):
    -Graduate school options
    -Professors as careers (you can move up from graduate student, adjunct, visiting status, assistant professor, associate professor, full professor, and professor emeritus). You can also include tenure option.
    -Professor gameplay options can include grading, skimming over grading and assigning grades arbitrarily (which adds the option of appealing grades from students and disciplinary action from school, catching students cheating and deciding what to do with student (second chance or expulsion), writing new exams or using old ones (increase chance of cheating for students with old exam use), conducting research, approval through IRB and IACUC, research and teaching grants, and collaborating with colleagues and students (evil sims can exploit graduate student work or falsify data).
    -Distinct departments
    -Design your own major and curriculum (you can have the option of having a pre-made curriculum or designing/adapting your own either as a student designing an individualized major or as a professor adapting existing curriculum or proposing new curriculum).
    -Options for teaching in-person, hybrid, of fully online.
    -Faculty and department meetings - this could be a lot of fun with the clash of egos, politics, and disciplinary biases (not to mention, faculty meeting bingo options)
    -Institution options like for-profit, state, or non-profit. Issues with accreditation and funding. You can add administration careers like President, Dean of Students, Provost, Comptroller, IT department, etc.

Worlds:
    -Add more worlds to explore including the ones from Sims 3 such as: France, Egypt, China, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Russia, etc.

Sports:
    -Add rugby ball for activity
    -Add sports careers including rugby, football, American football, basketball/netball, baseball, cricket, etc. and make these open to all genders.
    -Sports careers can begin in college and earn fame points
    -You can also add injury types (career ending, short-term, long-term, etc.)
    -Career options can include coach, assistant coach, trainer, orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist, etc. and these could be at college and pro levels.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2020
    > Real babies with more interactions off crib
    > Unlock swimming in main beaches and lakes, it doesn't have to be in every single water canal, but in the places it would make sense, for example, I always want my sims to go swimming in Granite Falls while in their summer vacations and I never understood the point in having such amazing lakes and beaches in Winderburg or Brindleton Bay if you cant swim in them.
    >More interactions in general, everything looks the same. I miss kids dancing with their parents, jumping in bed, catching butterflies, and couple couldgazing while cuddling together.
    > More recipes, such as pumpkin pie, soup, etc.
    >Memories
    >More afterschool activities and homeschooling
    > Pre teens
    >Horses and farming
    > Fish to not be immortal, and kids throwing their fish pet in the toilet or bury them ourtside.
    >Birthdays are so boring, I would love to be able to hire a clown or a magician, I don't want a violinist or a pianist in my kid's party.
    >Funerals and graveyards, what are we suppoused to do? Bury the grandma's body in the backyard? Or just randomly leave the stone in the pet's graveyard in Brindleton Bay's ghosty island?