Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lycanthropy in The Sims 4: A Long-Time Werewolf Lover's Idea List

Comments

• misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I love all of these ideas for werewolves!! I remember that dog with the glowing eyes in Sims 2 (memories!!)!! I also had a vampire/werewolf couple in Sims 2 that I've been dying to recreate in Sims 4. I really hope they add back werewolves soon. Any supernatural sims would be appreciated at this point, they've taken so long to add them.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Love these ideas! Very thought out. It would be interesting if we could customize the fur the way we can customize a dog's fur. I also loved that dog with the glowing eyes in Sims 2. Can't wait for more fleshed out supernaturals to come out for Sims 4.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2018
    Mind if I add something? I'm pretty sure that most of the coolest and most important ideas for this great concept were already mentioned.
    And even though I'm not a supernatural-esque type of player, I would be willingly like to add some ideas too so other players like me can enjoy this pack too.

First of all, I would really want to add if they implement moon phases in the game (eclipses included) cause that'll not be too difficult to make since actually they managed to add some tweaks to the atmosphere when in seasons, right?. I mean like the moon should be in-game and you can see it at night and even at day. Regarding to eclipses, the sky should slowly fade to darkness if a total solar eclipse is taking place and and night sky should be darker too as the full moon turns into red. And the way how the sims will look at this phenomena will pretty much likely on how the sims react to fireworks in City Living, animations could be the same but I'm OK with it. I just really want to add another layer of realism in the game cause ever since the seasons ep was released, i really want to have more.

Wondering if how can this integrate with seasons, well basically you can see when the exact date and time of every moon phase in the calendar and will also forcast eclipses.
    y'all got bread?
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Mind if I add something? I'm pretty sure that most of the coolest and most important ideas for this great concept were already mentioned.
    And even though I'm not a supernatural-esque type of player, I would be willingly like to add some ideas too so other players like me can enjoy this pack too.

First of all, I would really want to add if they implement moon phases in the game (eclipses included) cause that'll not be too difficult to make since actually they managed to add some tweaks to the atmosphere when in seasons, right?. I mean like the moon should be in-game and you can see it at night and even at day. Regarding to eclipses, the sky should slowly fade to darkness if a total solar eclipse is taking place and and night sky should be darker too as the full moon turns into red. And the way how the sims will look at this phenomena will pretty much likely on how the sims react to fireworks in City Living, animations could be the same but I'm OK with it. I just really want to add another layer of realism in the game cause ever since the seasons ep was released, i really want to have more.

Wondering if how can this integrate with seasons, well basically you can see when the exact date and time of every moon phase in the calendar and will also forcast eclipses.

That could be really interesting! If they were to make werewolves, witches, fairies, mermaids, and/or zombies, then the Moon phases could affect each supernatural type, making their powers/spells/transformations work better during the full moon.

I've also heard of the moon phases affecting the ocean tides, the weather, fertility cycles, astrology, and also human behavior, so it would be interesting to see how the moon phases can also influence our regular sim's lives. Maybe it will give our sims more erratic emotions or behaviors. Hopefully it gives us different types (and sizes) of telescopes finally :smile: Also, I know we are talking mostly about the moon, but now that I think of it, it would also be funny to see sims with those block-out glasses for solar eclipses LOL or even viewing auroras in the sky. However, I'd probably get scared every time they walk outside to view the sky because that's usually associated with alien abductions :lol:

For the transformation of the sim into wolf, if it's possible, I think it would be awesome if they could actually look like the animal vs having the underbite like they did in sims 3.

a0f884bc1f1ca9285e2605f1d8fa8eed.600x543x1.jpg
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When we get werewolves, I'm going to re-enact my favorite werewolf movie, American Werewolf In London (Windenburg).
  • WolfyBoi973WolfyBoi973 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree strongly! I am writing a book, and I created the cast in sims, but, the cast are mostly werewolves! In the book they can also show their ears and tail! Lycanthropy would be an awesome addition! On Ps4 aswell, because that is what I use.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I better get werewolves at some point, I still have that cool painting from the Spooky Stuff Pack in which a man turns into a werewolf <3 that got me excited! There are so many great books and movies that I would like to play out in my game.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I would personally love a full wolf transformation as well but I don't know how that would play out
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Loftyy wrote: »
    I would personally love a full wolf transformation as well but I don't know how that would play out

Yes! That could be an option in the perk system! Or like a wolf-beast option
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    The beast form could be a weakness and the wolf form a perk. When in the beast form your Sims will attack any Sim that comes across it, severely damaging their relationship.
  • ZerocchiZerocchi Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh my god!
    I just stumbled across this thread because I was searching for a werewolf mod for sims 4 and this idea is glorious!
    So I just wanted to leave my thumbs up, my excitement and push it up, hopefully, and finally, bringing developers attention!
  • godagarahgodagarah Posts: 7 New Member
    id love to see lycanthropy maybe add some strains like wererat, werebat, wereboar, werewolf, weretiger, and werebear just to name off afew and maybe have some have a higher chance at spawning depending on the world your in so for example people in the forgotten hollow world would find a higher chance of werebats than other lycanthropes and those who use the world that comes with the dlc's new world will find an equal chance of all lycanthrope types possibly
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    How would werewolves deal with aging? Maybe that was mentioned but I just forgot about it.
    I wouldn't want werewolves to have perfect immortality like vampires, but I'd personally love it if werewolves got about 25%-30% extra time in the Young Adult phase compared to normal sims (because animals tend to age better than humans in terms of their health and physical abilities...at least that's what I've noticed after 27 years of living with cats, where a cat that is the age equivalent of 70-year-old human will still be as spry and playful as a kitten, but a 70-year-old human will typically be like "I'd love to play basketball with you, but my knee's acting up again and my back hurts and the doctor said to take it easy because he says I've got a weak heart now...But, hey, I've got a jigsaw puzzle!"). In my own books, werewolves don't hit where humans are in their 40's until their late 60's-early 70's (because of this, my protagonist's uncle is in his early 50's, but is still more than able to keep up in battle with a bunch of young guys in their late teens and early 20's like he hasn't aged a day past 25...Falcon is an awesome guy).

I love the idea of the werewolf GP having a default pack where the alpha is a woman. After all, in some of the old tales, female werewolves are depicted as being even more fearsome and dangerous than the males. XD

What they could do is, While Sim is in wolf form, aging is off. and resumes when/if the sim shifts back into a human.

Or slow it down enough to where if your werewolf stayed in wolf form for the duration of a Human Sim's Life Span, would equal,

Human Sim Lifespan set to Normal = 81 Days,
    81 days in Lycan/Wolf form = Child/Teen Life Stage, 13 days.
    So I you were a Child in Lycan/Wolf for 81 sim days when your sim turns back, they will be a Teenager.

Teenagers Stays in Wolf Form for another 81 days, and shifts back into a human, your sim will be a young adult.

here is where it gets tricky, The Young Adult, and Adult Life stage are 24 days each.
    81 days in wolf form = 10 days in Human form if a Young Adult does this,
    2 x 81 days = 162 days of wolf form = 20 days in human form. And then an additional 20.25 days in wolf form and the sim will complete the Young adult stage, repeat that for Adult.

Elders = 10+ days. stay in wolf form for 81 days and you may be able to live a very long time, not always guaranteed.

And while they aren't immortal or have eternal youth, they can achieve powers to ensure survival.
    Like: Nemean Fur - While in wolf form No Hunter can harm them. Also Fire Resistant.

As for Pack Mentality I was thinking
    Omega, Beta, Alpha would correspond to their Power Tiers

So Vampires have:
    Rank 1 - Vampire Fledgling
    Rank 2 - Minor Vampire
    Rank 3 - Prime Vampire
    Rank 4 - Master Vampire
    Rank 5 - Grand Master Vampire

For Werewolves:
    Rank 1 - Omega
    Rank 2 - Beta
    Rank 3 - Alpha
    Rank 4 - Delta

I thought about Delta because My werewolf Pack is also a family a Husband, Wife and three kids.
    The Husband and Wife are both Alpha's, there was always a constant struggle for power, so when they start their new pack, they compromised and became Delta. Which is rare in the late 1800s.

and the reason I suggest Sims don't age while in wolf form, is because my werewolf Family will parish in a Siege, and their house will be raided by Hunters. the Mother and her youngest child will escape, before the mother dies, succumbing to her wounds, she keeps her legacy alive by passing it on to her 12 year old son, knowing the repercussions as soon as he turned 13 (The year Werewolf experience their first shift under the first full moon). So when the boy turns 13 his new found powers will overwhelm him, and fall to the wolf, unable to change back. and for 85 years, he will remain a wolf. and then it warps into this whole beauty and the Beast Tale, when his future wife, and mother of his 6 werewolf sons, helps him regain Humanity. Which takes a 15 years.

I thought delta's were below alpha and betas
    caitytrina.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In most things I've read, Alpha's are number One, in charge and the only alpha in the pack. Beta's are second and usually warriors. Delta's are normally in training to become Beta's. Omega's (meaning the end) are usually older but not totally useless or needing to be killed off yet to keep the pack strong.

Within each caste there are divisions like Sentinel, Elder, Scout, Hunter and Guardians. Rouges are those that have been cast out for one reason or another.

I imagine we'll get Leader Of The Pack and then anyone else.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    How would werewolves deal with aging? Maybe that was mentioned but I just forgot about it.
    I wouldn't want werewolves to have perfect immortality like vampires, but I'd personally love it if werewolves got about 25%-30% extra time in the Young Adult phase compared to normal sims (because animals tend to age better than humans in terms of their health and physical abilities...at least that's what I've noticed after 27 years of living with cats, where a cat that is the age equivalent of 70-year-old human will still be as spry and playful as a kitten, but a 70-year-old human will typically be like "I'd love to play basketball with you, but my knee's acting up again and my back hurts and the doctor said to take it easy because he says I've got a weak heart now...But, hey, I've got a jigsaw puzzle!"). In my own books, werewolves don't hit where humans are in their 40's until their late 60's-early 70's (because of this, my protagonist's uncle is in his early 50's, but is still more than able to keep up in battle with a bunch of young guys in their late teens and early 20's like he hasn't aged a day past 25...Falcon is an awesome guy).

I love the idea of the werewolf GP having a default pack where the alpha is a woman. After all, in some of the old tales, female werewolves are depicted as being even more fearsome and dangerous than the males. XD

What they could do is, While Sim is in wolf form, aging is off. and resumes when/if the sim shifts back into a human.

Or slow it down enough to where if your werewolf stayed in wolf form for the duration of a Human Sim's Life Span, would equal,

Human Sim Lifespan set to Normal = 81 Days,
    81 days in Lycan/Wolf form = Child/Teen Life Stage, 13 days.
    So I you were a Child in Lycan/Wolf for 81 sim days when your sim turns back, they will be a Teenager.

Teenagers Stays in Wolf Form for another 81 days, and shifts back into a human, your sim will be a young adult.

here is where it gets tricky, The Young Adult, and Adult Life stage are 24 days each.
    81 days in wolf form = 10 days in Human form if a Young Adult does this,
    2 x 81 days = 162 days of wolf form = 20 days in human form. And then an additional 20.25 days in wolf form and the sim will complete the Young adult stage, repeat that for Adult.

Elders = 10+ days. stay in wolf form for 81 days and you may be able to live a very long time, not always guaranteed.

And while they aren't immortal or have eternal youth, they can achieve powers to ensure survival.
    Like: Nemean Fur - While in wolf form No Hunter can harm them. Also Fire Resistant.

As for Pack Mentality I was thinking
    Omega, Beta, Alpha would correspond to their Power Tiers

So Vampires have:
    Rank 1 - Vampire Fledgling
    Rank 2 - Minor Vampire
    Rank 3 - Prime Vampire
    Rank 4 - Master Vampire
    Rank 5 - Grand Master Vampire

For Werewolves:
    Rank 1 - Omega
    Rank 2 - Beta
    Rank 3 - Alpha
    Rank 4 - Delta

I thought about Delta because My werewolf Pack is also a family a Husband, Wife and three kids.
    The Husband and Wife are both Alpha's, there was always a constant struggle for power, so when they start their new pack, they compromised and became Delta. Which is rare in the late 1800s.

and the reason I suggest Sims don't age while in wolf form, is because my werewolf Family will parish in a Siege, and their house will be raided by Hunters. the Mother and her youngest child will escape, before the mother dies, succumbing to her wounds, she keeps her legacy alive by passing it on to her 12 year old son, knowing the repercussions as soon as he turned 13 (The year Werewolf experience their first shift under the first full moon). So when the boy turns 13 his new found powers will overwhelm him, and fall to the wolf, unable to change back. and for 85 years, he will remain a wolf. and then it warps into this whole beauty and the Beast Tale, when his future wife, and mother of his 6 werewolf sons, helps him regain Humanity. Which takes a 15 years.

I thought delta's were below alpha and betas

Not really What it actually means to be a Delta is Change. A Delta is a Beta and an Alpha at the same time.
    In this case, for a werewolf to become a Delta they need to have been an Alpha.
    An Alpha who becomes a Delta is willing to step back, and let the Beta to succeed them, take the leadership role as the new Alpha.
    The Delta is also able to retain all their knowledge and powers and respect as an alpha, and are able to advise the new Alpha, without the new alpha feeling diminished.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    > @FinalFantacy said:
    > I agree. Sims 3 werewolves, as well as all the other supernaturals, were a complete joke. Hopefully they take it more seriously this time.

No way!! Sims 3 was awesome! Sims 3 had EVERYTHING! We even got freaking imaginary friends and a pack of updated robots that we could build and customize! I loved all of the occult Sims in Sims 3, they were great. I was really sad and disappointed by how long it took to get SOME of them to Sims 4. We still don't have proper Plantsims and I LOVE those guys! Also, they totally "nerfed" the powers of our beloved alien dudes! TT_TT. @SimsLovinLycan you're werewolf ideas are freaking great, though! I read your posts for feedback on on the occult Sims forums and you had some fantastic points! I was totally impressed and very intrigued with your perspective. I think you're ideas are very creative and would totally add a nice flair to the Sims games. I personally loved mages and thought that they were a huge upgrade from the previous games. I loved having a magic world, different types of magic to play with. I do agree completely that the magic world could have used way more interactions and content. I also agree that the magic and potential mayhem output was limited for the mages too. I wish there would have been a stronger reaction to them, too. I think the familiars were a huge miss, too especially with the Cats & Dogs pack, it would have been nice if they could have acted like mini pets or something. I would love to see werewolves like this in the Sims 4. Hopefully they'll release a pack of just occult Sims like they did in Sims 3. Occult Sims are my personal favorite, they're literally the first thing I look forward to when I play Sims. I don't know how much more they'll be adding to Sims 4 though now that they're working on Sims 5.
  • rhypuppyrhypuppy Posts: 31 Member
    @FinalFantacy
    @SimsLovinLycan

? I'm not sure if I'm doing tags correctly or not.
  • frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    Would love some other occult beings!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so agree with simslovinlycans ideas.

Also, the game developers could add the Werewolves from Bitten, Twilight & Underworld.
  • RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    I would love to see a foresty type area with earthy wood vibes for world for them. But I love the idea of wolf shaped Sims. Like actual wolves. That are slightly bigger then dogs. Walking on two legs is so old, I want fresh modern werewolves like from Bitten, The Gates, and I think Lost Girl too.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    While this is definitely a necro thread. I agree with their desires. Give me my very emotional wolf teen, who is apart of a wolf pack.
  • Andrew1022Andrew1022 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @HumpfyGab said:
    > With the "Get together"-EP I can imagine forming a wolfpack to be really fun and easy to form.
    >
    > I love your ideas of the sometimes not controllable wild nature of werewolves. That can really be fun.
    > I'd love to see werewolves to need to go outside, howl, hunt and in the end form packs (and for this purpose possibly spread Lycantropy).
    > A big thing may be the wild and sometimes destructive nature of the werewolves, that would tie in quite nicely withthe mischief-skill and perhaps even go after other sims when they start to strave.
    > A transformed werewolf should be much more like an untamed animal than a normal sim - until his shapeshifting-skill reaches a decent level. So no watching TV or playing the guitar, for instance. Blocked social interactions and even emotions (like inspired for instance).
    >
    > In the case vampires get added too I would love to see mechanics that enforce the natural hostility between werewolves and vampires, too, and make it an efford for the player-werewolf to befriend a vampire.
    >
    > And - very important for me - normal sims should freak out (panik or faint) when they see a werewolf they don't befriend. Being a werewolf in Sims 3 did feel more like being a deformed sim with a compulsion to dig holes and fetch sticks than being a werewolf...
    >
    > If the Team adds supernatural sims they need to be mysterious and gamechanging.
    > In this regard they did a fairly good Job with the Sims3-vamipres and missed it completely with werewolves...
    > They are not very balaced...
    >
    > On possibility to impemet supernatural Sims would be to create a GP for every supernatural type, so players can get the supernatural species they want, and the developer can dig deep in every one of them and make them fun to play not only cute to watch.
    >
    > Oh... I would love this...

I think a werewolf "type" system needs to be added because of how varied the mythology is. It's only in the last 100 years or so that the concept of vampires and werewolves having a rivalry was introduced. In some older mythology they have rivalries with witches for religious reasons, but besides that, most mythological creatures don't inherently hate eachother. So adding a type system - where some do and some dont (or even maybe making it an additional trait or a trait in a similar system to the vampire ranking system) would make more sense to me
  • Andrew1022Andrew1022 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I meant to post on this 2 years ago lol.
    >
    > My ideas for werewolf
    >
    > Pack Mentality - their Skills and title.
    > Level I Omega - 0% control over the shift
    > Level II Omega -Howl is pathetic
    > Level III Omega - 25% control over the shift
    > Level IV Beta - 50% control over the (Born werewolves are Betas by default starting at Level 4 because shifting comes easier for born Lycans)
    > Level V Beta - Howl Upgrade; Senses heightened; ability to learn to turn into an actual wolf.
    > Level VI Beta - 75% control over the shift during a full moon; 100% any other time.
    > Level VII Alpha - 100% Control over the shift even during the full moon
    > Level VIII Alpha
    > Level IX Alpha
    > Level X True Alpha - Extremely difficult title to achieve
    >
    > Alpha Only 1 Alpha per pack with the exception of a merger, through marriage, or alliance.
    > Only Alpha's have the power to turn a Human into a Werewolf, and vice versa, turn a Werewolf into a Human. All it takes is one Willful Bite.
    > Humans who beg/desire for the Bite, however, are gambling with the Supernatural and Natural Laws.
    > When a Human begs for the bite, the Alpha isn't always really looking to add a new member to his/her pack. But they'll indulge you. It's a 50/50 shot your sim will either turn, which you pray your sim turns, or your sim will die a possibly rabid death. There is a rare chance your sim will live without turning.
    > All magic comes with a price, humans just pay a steeper price.
    > If an alpha scratches a Sims deep enough, a sim also might be able to turn.
    > Alphas can turn their underlings against their will by howling.
    > Alpha's can Bury and Retrieve memories using their claws.
    > Alpha's can shift into an actual wolf
    > Alphas can bestow their powers onto their Betas. Note: Your alpha will lose their Alpha powers, and all their powers will be transferred to the Beta, and the Alpha will be denoted to Beta.
    > Alphas who die, the Beta with the next highest rank will succeed the role of Alpha.
    > Alphas are weaker without a pack, build your pack to grow stronger
    >
    > for all werewolves
    > Werewolves, can remove pain from other sims, by a simple touch.
    > pain as in (Sickness, calm sims down from negative emotions/moodlets)
    > Werewolves can't get Sick/Drunk - because of their wicked fast healing. Juice won't mess with their emotions
    > Werewolves are at their weakest During a Lunar Eclipse.
    > Silver, Wolfsbane are can hurt them
    > Born wolves, won't turn until the first full moon after their 13th birthday.
    > 13 year old or older, betas can become Alphas if their parent dies.
    > Betas can challenge their alpha take their powers. doing so will lead to a brawl and the winner is the Alpha,.
    >
    > the only thing is I don't want Werewolves to be total dogs.
    > I admit I do like the Belly rub, play fetch, interactions, but I feel like those interactions should only be available if sims are your Best friend(s)/Family/Pack relations. Only then will they rub your belly, scratch you good, play fetch, Of course when I think of pup play other things come to mind.
    >
    > or if you're a werewolf and a Slob, then you can, roll around in the trash.
    >
    > but I would love to See werewolves if they were to go fishing they would use their hands or mouths.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > I'm hoping for Teen Wolf Werewolves
    > and then Alphas have the power to turn into an actual wolf, and they can teach their betas
    >
    > And I agree adrenaline could get werewolves shifting Anger, excitement, tense,
    > even when Flirty, And about to woohoo, you could say they had "a howling good time."

I'm really not hoping for werewolf packs in the sims to have that kind of hierarchy - real wolf packs aren't like that. I've mentioned a few times before that I'd like to see a "type" system for werewolves. Since the mythology is so varied, it'd be interesting to see different kinds of werewolves, some of those would travel in packs (even packs similar to the one you described ^^) and some would be completely alone. This is also another good way to say that werewolves don't have to be total dogs, but for some "types" they can be. To be honest, you get around a lot of dispute and issues by introducing a "type" system because people are always going to disagree about what they want. I think they should do it similar to vampires, highly customisable. I don't wanna see anything similar to teen wolf (mostly because from what I've seen, it's not too accurate to wolves and is sorta a weird mix of human society and wolflike behaviours - which is a new concept in media rather than a constant in the mythology as most werewolves transformed fully or not at all, and I'm a huge nerd for mythology) but some people will, and if they pull this off like they did with vampires, they should have an OK time with that.
  • HumpfyGabHumpfyGab Posts: 3 New Member
    @Andrew1022:

You're totally right.
    I posted long before the Vamires GP came out.

So: Yes, a highly customizable werewolf via perks like vampires would be the way to go.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love a full Lycan Werewolf with a Moonlight Fall world.🐺🌒