Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What types of aspirations would you like to see in The Sims 4 more?

We only have one animal aspiration to love aspirations 2 Fortune aspirations and 4 family aspirations and 1 athletic aspiration I think we need more in these categories so I was wondering what other people on the form was felt like needed to be added to the game more
more for sim kids and more drama please

What types of aspirations would you like to see in The Sims 4 more? 69 votes

Family
20%
AlexaiAlrynnfriendlysimmersJestTrufruitsbasket101motdkpapertongueLadyTachunkaMaggieMarleybirdonawireRouensimsSimmerGeorgeDannakyri1daydreams 14 votes
Animal
10%
LenaDietersDianesimsSimsterLivCaprianaBSquirrelTail15Calico45Cavapoo_King 7 votes
Love
14%
jode23annaliese39AbraKadabracomicsforlifeaobHopeyStarrValeahDOKKOMSERVERFRASharonia 10 votes
Fortune
17%
AbsafraginlootlyIsb917Mariefoxprice83SirenLuminosCeiCeiHmalinboliStutumThePlumbobJa_rdePatch__2008ChicherinoInuMiroLover 12 votes
Athletic
37%
CorkysPetalselanorbretonPixyAquariusMomelelunicyteamjentexxx78NationalPokedexEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsSilentKittymustenicalaprfyThePinkBookGirlhappyopiebonyspiralAtreya33JC1979RememberJoyKellogg_J_Kellogg 26 votes

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Love
    I want another love one the most
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Athletic
    Not all of my sporty sims want to be a bodybuilder, so I would love an extra athletic one.
    Love
    I want another love one the most
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Not all of my sporty sims want to be a bodybuilder, so I would love an extra athletic one.

That really should at least be one more of those especially since people use The athletic equipment all the time in game I would be happy if they just put out a pack filled with aspirations and that was the whole entire theme improve your sims life by improving your sim
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Fortune
    I'd love to see more fortune options.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Fortune
    I'm not sure which category it should fall under - maybe fortune - but I'd like to see more career-based aspirations.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Don't care about the category, I just want them to stop making the pack tutorial type.
    Love
    Don't care about the category, I just want them to stop making the pack tutorial type.

Yeah a lot of people have been calling for better aspirations lately I would also like to have some lifeline wishes like in Sims 3 except I want to be able to do more than one
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited June 2020
    We already have these kind of aspirations and I don't want more similar ones.
    I'd like something new, for example based on skills, hobbies, traits or whatever's new, but not ones that require you to start a certain job to be able to finish it.
    edited June 2020
    Love
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'd like something new, for example based on skills, hobbies, traits or whatever's new, but not ones that require you to start a certain job to be able to finish it.

Well there's lots of different athletic things Sims can do or that they could add and I was of course thinking that they would add more stuff for the aspirations you know like more family hobbies and more animals but the aspirations would still be in those categories @Kimmer like in Sims 3 for Fortune aspiration they had gold digger and for a pet aspiration they had find a unicorn or collect the small animals in the game if they add more small animals or dragons are unicorns I wouldn't mind and aspiration like that
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Athletic
    How about all of them?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I want more aspirations that aren't custom aspirations in all categories. I also want to stop having tutorial aspirations in the game. At the start of a new pack, there should be a guide. For example, when I create a vampire Vlad or the Vlad Rrelpacer I use calls up tell my sim about being a vampire. It should have been like that with the Realm of Magic. Eco Living etc. Having Knox introduce himself even if it meant a call telling me about the new features and how to do things. With the Realm of Magic having Minerva Charm or one of The Sages introduce themselves and explain how to do everything with a spellcaster. Instead of aspirations to do that. I want real aspirations. Like an evil one: Here are some examples using the Realm of Magic:

Corrupt the Sages (As much as I love The Sages seeing what they could become under the influence of a sim like my sim Julian would be very entertaining. This would be different than minionize because you wouldn't be in command of them rather your evil sim would manipulate them into learning and wanting to use forbidden magic in each of their schools of magic. With Simeon, it would be something like him being able to control and speak to machines and anything electronic using magic. Instead of easing the machine's pain, he could use magic to make electronics and machines turn on a sim. Morgyn could just get mad and before we realise to use the pitchest magics against everyone. L could invoke a Trickster like Loki and start drama with other sims turning others against each other.)
    Take over The Magic Realm - Much like Corrupting The Sages instead The Sages aren't strong enough to fight your sim and their cult of evil spellcasters as they systematically destroy each school of magic. In this aspiration, The Sages are no more. (I really do love The Sages. Honestly, I do)
    Corrupt Magic-Your sim being evil must find a way to turn each School of Magic into a corrupted form. It wouldn't affect the Sages but it would be an "evil" version of each school

Other examples of Realm of Magic Aspirations

Become a Sage- In which you would create and master a new school of magic or master one of the Schools. If you are mastering an existing School of magic you would ask a Sage if you could take over for them or they would come to you and ask you if you want to take over for them.

"Create" a new School of Magic. Some magic has become lost and forgotten over the years. Your sim's curiosity got the better of them. In their quest in learning magic, they learned about Nature Magic, Ceremonial Magic, Ancient Magic, etc. They wouldn't necessarily become Sages in these Schools they rediscovered. The last part of their aspiration would be to find or assign The Sages of those forgotten schools of Magic.

I would like a whole new category for Good Sims with aspirations just for them doing their Dudley Do Right Thing.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Family
    as a player i think i would like to see more familys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Athletic
    Champion Boxer would be a good one and boxer made as a rabbit hole career.

The issue I have with aspiration reward traits as they are too little, too late. By that I mean my sims could have done with the trait to help complete the aspiration. Receiving it afterwards leaves it a little redundant.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Athletic
    I'ld want a healthy lifestyle aspiration.

But most importantly, i'ld want no checklists for aspirations. It'ld be better if we had a big goal and be free to achieve it by doing whatever we prefer instead of predefined steps.
  • AbsafraginlootlyAbsafraginlootly Posts: 34 Member
    Fortune
    A fortune aspiration to own a 5 star retail business and another for a restaurant.

I'm not sure what you could add to athletic... Change the title to Physical and add a Wellness skill/yoga related one? Do some stuff with the sports teams in discover University? I'd like to see martial arts from s3 come back. You could add one for that.

There are only 2 Food aspirations also, and neither of them include baking. So a baking aspiration would be nice. Hmm, maybe the restaurant aspiration should go with food instead of Fortune, although your don't get to cook in your own restaurant...

Deviance also only has 2 aspirations incidentally.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Athletic
    I want more in all of them, but I chose Athletic because it would be nice to have another option. Like something related to the yoga/Wellness skill.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Animal
    I’d like new animal related aspirations and athletic ones, like “world famous athlete”, “yoga master” etc
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

Well there's lots of different athletic things Sims can do or that they could add and I was of course thinking that they would add more stuff for the aspirations you know like more family hobbies and more animals but the aspirations would still be in those categories @Kimmer like in Sims 3 for Fortune aspiration they had gold digger and for a pet aspiration they had find a unicorn or collect the small animals in the game if they add more small animals or dragons are unicorns I wouldn't mind and aspiration like that
    I can't think of anything that I really want in any of the listed categories. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't be okay with them, I'd just like to have something new.
    I'd like an occult category, for example. It would be great to have aspirations for all occults. I know we have them for vampires and spellcasters, but I'd love some for aliens and mermaids too. The existing occult aspirations could be moved to that category too. I'd also love toddler aspirations. Aspirations related to laziness or erratic behavior would be fun. I'd also love an aspiration of being a good person (helping others, charity, there are lots of good actions that Sims can do). We have deviance aspirations (which I love), why not the opposites too?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Love
    We need more love & romance.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Family
    I've been wanting more family aspirations for a long time. For example, I have a young adult Sim whose life revolves around taking care of his younger sister. None of the aspirations really match that.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2020
    Animal
    more athletic, deviance, food, fortune and love XD But if I had to choose what aspirations I want from a certain pack I would say more animal ones like in sims 3 a canine companion or a cat herder
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id want one more based towards the trait. Like how evil sims want to be hated by everyone? Like id want a good sim lifetime wish is to spend X amount in charity, have X amount of friends, cheer up sim etc. Or like another person said one major big goal.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Love
    Id want one more based towards the trait. Like how evil sims want to be hated by everyone? Like id want a good sim lifetime wish is to spend X amount in charity, have X amount of friends, cheer up sim etc. Or like another person said one major big goal.

great idea there should be a good sims aspiration @StrawberryYogurt
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Athletic
    I would like to see a new athletic aspiration. There is more to sports than being a bodybuilder. Some others would be nice too but I want them to be a little challenging, not just a walk though of the features of the latest pack.

I would also like to see some additional child aspirations. Now we only have 4 of them.
    Love
    Agreed on all the things you said we really do need child aspirations we need more than one athletic aspiration and people have been wanting better aspirations as well which if you ask me it would be a win-win for everybody I win to The Sims team because more people would want the game win for us because it would be more for us to enjoy