Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Romance Pack?

Where is slow dancing? Romance and dates haven't been touched since... LAUNCH!

But were getting eco-living? First expansion pack in the entire franchise I don't think I will be buying, I don't see how that could be fun.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    We're getting hippie communes and they are traditionally known for their "free love" mantra. Who knows, maybe there will be some romance in eco living. :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think the eco-pack will be fun,but I'd also love slow dancing in my game.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I suspect that slow dancing is a challenge to animate to studio standards with how flexible CAS is. But I'd love a romance-focused pack. One with more wedding stuff (even basics like choosing outfits already!!), an attraction system, blind dates and dating apps... I think it's a GP-worthy theme.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Hopefully this would include better weddings. I need new wedding dresses that arent cc for starters.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I suspect that slow dancing is a challenge to animate to studio standards with how flexible CAS is. But I'd love a romance-focused pack. One with more wedding stuff (even basics like choosing outfits already!!), an attraction system, blind dates and dating apps... I think it's a GP-worthy theme.

Agreed. I think they have some underlying issue with animations that sims do "together". But there's been a lot of requests for it so hopefully they'll have someone trying to fix this so they can improve these animations one day, even if it takes a few years. I'd love to see slow dancing released at some point.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

But were getting eco-living? First expansion pack in the entire franchise I don't think I will be buying, I don't see how that could be fun.

Romance Pack was mentioned in the recent survey. It's atleast being considered.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »

I agree. I want slow dancing and more romantic options as well.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cars? Real babies? Open World? CAW?

More than five years and now your Sims are getting this most minimal content...

At least it will fund TS5, eh?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    It cant be that hard to add slowdancing, since there is a mod that does it... and it looks very nice, they are even able to chat, hug, kiss and makeout during the dance...
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cars? Real babies? Open World? CAW?

More than five years and now your Sims are getting this most minimal content...

At least it will fund TS5, eh?

I'm not paying for nor excited for TS5.

I know a toxic relationship when I see one and currently EA treats me like trash. I refuse to do this song and dance I have been doing now for 2 iterations where they release a base game stripped of all features of the previous iteration and expect me to buy packs upon more packs to get it back. TS4 being the worst as it is STILL missing things that were in both Ts2 and 3, and were 8 expansion packs in with 8 game packs!
    Freeplay gets all the romance stuff.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Freeplay gets all the romance stuff.

They've got to do something while they wait for their actions to finish. :joy:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Slow dancing I miss you so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Slow dancing I miss you so

I miss cuddling on the sofa while watching tv like we had in TS3 were they didn't break away after 5 seconds.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    Royal Romance and Court Intrigues !

Try to ruin the reputation of romance rivals, sword duel, obtain influence and title of nobility, obtain the court approval, ...

It was nice to play to the Orlais Court mission in Dragon Age: Inquisition. I like this theme.

biowar10.jpg
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Slow dancing is hard to animate? There's already a slow dance mod, wich is really great.

I'd love my sims could hug each other while stargazing too.

I really want love letters back
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Royal Romance and Court Intrigues !

Try to ruin the reputation of romance rivals, sword duel, obtain influence and title of nobility, obtain the court approval, ...

biowar10.jpg

I think that would work better as a spin-off but I would like a romance pack slow dancing cuddling on the sofa or bed cancel lit dinner all that good stuff
    I really want love letters back

This.

However if we get them back I want an option to add them to the inventory.
    I really want that love tester machine back. I mentioned that to thesims on twitter today.
    I really want that love tester machine back. I mentioned that to thesims on twitter today.

@catloverplayer I also want both of those things love testers are fun I would also like one of those things where your sim test their strength by hitting a thing with a hammer you know that carnival game that would be really fun I also really like it if they could win their date a prize but I think the things I want back the most are the attraction system and NPCs being able to break up with your sim or refuse woohoo cuz they really can't right now if your sim has a good relationship which is a real bummer in my opinion
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think about Romance profiles :
    • Love words : Romance based on the discussion interactions or write letters.
    • Tenderness : Romance which need a frequent physical contact (kiss, hug, ...)
    • Passionate : Romance only maintained by woohoo

Each partner have a preference.
    It will be more difficult to be happy together if one "Love words" and the other is "Passionate".

The chemistry should affect the quality of the relationship but the sims behavior can make it better.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If there is a romance pack it will probably just be phone dating. Call me jaded at this late date in the time line of TS4. Six years and we still don't know why any Sim is willing to hook up with any Sim under the influence of a romantic crystal. Shameless.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If there is a romance pack it will probably just be phone dating. Call me jaded at this late date in the time line of TS4. Six years and we still don't know why any Sim is willing to hook up with any Sim under the influence of a romantic crystal. Shameless.

I hope not. That would be so disappointing. I would boycott the pack if there was no Attraction System. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they were like "Attraction systems are politically incorrect and you can make your own attraction," or some other lame excuse.