Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any one else have these bugs from eco living?

Comments

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    In my game Knox Greenburg keeps playing the violin. My sim moved into that household, and of course Knox has no violin skill. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Most of the Eco living bugs are due to the broken NAPs. Once they fix the NAPs, most of these annoyances will no longer happen.
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    beckyh101 wrote: »
    The most frustrating I have at the min is sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction on the grill and oven. None even have the herbalism skill or ingredients but they CONSTANTLY make it, along with any visitors....
    Everyone sits on the pool ledge to eat... even in the freezing cold so I have to constantly keep and eye on it so no one freezes.

There is a few more glitches and bugs but these two are the worst! Any one else have these?

Check if you have NAP Self Sufficiency enabled. This causes random sims to come into your house, prepare half of the potion and leave it. At least this happened to me until I repealed the NAP and got rid of the herbalism potions.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    I think I am. One of my apartments (possibly more) in EH keeps getting tons of visitors and they keep walking into my sims apartment uninvited. My sims don’t even know them and they don’t have roommates. I can’t “send home” either!

Same, check NAP Self Sufficiency. It is seems the outcome of this NAP is far from what we expected to be.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Keep hoping and wishing for a substantial patch to get this smoothed out. I haven't really been able to play since Eco Living and post release patch dropped.
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    My Sim has become an expert violinist without having any skills. She is constantly picking up the violin out of the air?? its not in her inventory or around in the house.
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    The most frustrating I have at the min is sims constantly making De-Stressing Decoction on the grill and oven. None even have the herbalism skill or ingredients but they CONSTANTLY make it, along with any visitors....
    Everyone sits on the pool ledge to eat... even in the freezing cold so I have to constantly keep and eye on it so no one freezes.

There is a few more glitches and bugs but these two are the worst! Any one else have these?

Check if you have NAP Self Sufficiency enabled. This causes random sims to come into your house, prepare half of the potion and leave it. At least this happened to me until I repealed the NAP and got rid of the herbalism potions.

That's interesting - I will definitely check that as I had that issue when I first went into Evergreen Harbor.

The main issues for me seem to be sims not finishing tasks. I have to repeatedly queue the same actions for them as they quit half way through. Also - not sure if anyone else has had this, but my sims sometimes stand around doing nothing. They get up to bed - won't go in the bed. They come home from work, and just stand still for ages?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

That's interesting - I will definitely check that as I had that issue when I first went into Evergreen Harbor.

The main issues for me seem to be sims not finishing tasks. I have to repeatedly queue the same actions for them as they quit half way through. Also - not sure if anyone else has had this, but my sims sometimes stand around doing nothing. They get up to bed - won't go in the bed. They come home from work, and just stand still for ages?

Yes, these issues are happening all the time in my game.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In my game Knox Greenburg keeps playing the violin. My sim moved into that household, and of course Knox has no violin skill. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    lisken0221 wrote: »
    My Sim has become an expert violinist without having any skills. She is constantly picking up the violin out of the air?? its not in her inventory or around in the house.

This is the performing arts N.A.P.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Books are spamming in my sim's inventory. Lots of books!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Why is it always the violin lol how come nosim has a guitar in their pocket
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Why is it always the violin lol how come nosim has a guitar in their pocket

Violin is smaller, tho the string might be uncomfortable in their back pocket :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    shayannegpshayannegp Posts: 22 Member
    A lot of clays keeps spawning nonstop in my sims inventory
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2020
    After playing yesterday evening, I tried Shipping Views lot again in Evergreen Harbour, I bulldozed what was there and moved a fresh Sim in. I just gave my Sim Patricia (a townie I plucked at random) a new shipping container to live in.

Using cheats I instantly repelled the modern development NAP I never chose.
    I wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to keep the industrial theme.

It was hard.
    Patricia has no outdoor plants, no solar panels etc. I have placed indoor plants outdoors and she had industrial wallpaper and flooring with 2 industrial fires going! She has the industrial generator going as well. The lot trait is fast internet only. She works in the astronaut career which is supposed to be industrial based.

No matter what I did, the arrow was still pointing going green. Why? It shouldn’t be such hard work. 😂😂😂.

I played another household after in Forgotten Hollow and again going industrial crawls along yet a single tree bumps the green far quicker. It’s very unbalanced.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I've noticed a resurgence in a lot of the old bugs, always getting water, washing hands for no good reason, and also making stuff constantly on the woodworking table. *sigh* At least with the woodworking table, she can sell the statues. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    the1akbthe1akb Posts: 56 Member
    For me it's all the Townies playing with future cubes that seem to appear out of nowhere and despite me having autonomy for selected Sim turned OFF, they will drop everything in their queue to go Practice Programming. Soooo frustrating.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm SO happy I discovered that there's an easy cheat to repeal all of the NAPs and institute your own! Put testing cheats on and then shift click on the mailbox.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    My issue is voices in CAS, the queue disappearing for no reason on sim that has autonamy off, and the toilet not being usable randomly? He goes to the toilet but then he just has the giant question mark above it for no reason and cant use it. Dog also disappears into thin air also randomly from inside the house without notifications.
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    lisken0221 wrote: »

This is the performing arts N.A.P.

Thanks for pointing that out. Although it's odd that the activity neither puts a violin in the sim's inventory nor gives the sim any violin skill.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Another odd bug; whenever I go through a loading screen, my sim's get the little green megaphone icon from Eco Living above their heads. It doesn't do anything, because... I don't have the pack yet.
    banner.png
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Anyone else having trouble with laundry? My sim gets the laundry from the hamper, puts it in the washer. Clicking on the washer doesn't offer the wash cycle, just remove from washer and put down or put in dryer. If my sim puts it in the dryer it won't let them dry, just remove the laundry. Says it is dirty. Whaaaaa? I replaced the washer and dryer and all the hampers. Still the same problem. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member

I have not had my own sims doing this but I have had NAP sims or even non NAP sims come to her lot to do this and my sim is constantly left cleaning up after these sims until they leave her home
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I haven't had either of these glitches.

My glitches are Sims who drop actions from their queue, Sims acting as if they are bored even though they have other moods/emotions such as happy, other moodlets show that they overpower sleep even though they don't. Oh and gardening when I evolve a plant it acts as if it's spliced and reverts back to the pile of dirt.

My sim does do this, she does all the emotions like she is bored tho she is not, I have my MCCC back, I am going to look and see if she has a hidden NPC Bored trait that may have gotten added in by accident when they did things before
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm SO happy I discovered that there's an easy cheat to repeal all of the NAPs and institute your own! Put testing cheats on and then shift click on the mailbox.

I can't tell you how much time I would have saved if I had read this 2 sim weeks ago :s Sooo happy I know it now though! When my sim was a teenager his mom enacted the keep fit NAP, then my sim moved to Uni housing in the same town but different neighbourhood and my sim constantly kept cancelling actions so he could do push ups or stretch. Write a term paper? Nope, I'll stretch instead. Eat food? Nope, I'll do push ups... As he was still in the same neighbourhood I thought I would repeal the NAP at the weekend, but nope, he doesnt live in the specific suburb it was enacted. So I put up with it for the rest of his uni life, moved into a house temporarily in the original suburb, had to live there for a week until he could repeal it... And now it has been repealed, and he keeps cancelling actions to do push ups and stretch :s:s:s
    I've learnt never to enact a NAP ever, it seems to cause unknown and irreparable consequences! I just hope if I move to a different neighbourhood my future sims wont keep doing random exercises (I'm on gen 30 and really dont want the next 30 doing push ups!!)
  • Options
    beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    Anyone else having trouble with laundry?

I did have that trouble in one game. I ended up just getting a new washer. My bug I keep having is the outside bin fills up with garbage and it won't go away. My sims don't like being outside in the yard because they get uncomfortable from the stinky trash.