Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is on Steam

My question is now, how do I tell Steam I already own Sims 4 and almost every single pack lol Because I would love to link it to my Steam account, but I am never ever buying all of that again.
Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    If I recall correctly, when they put TS3 on Steam, it didn’t communicate with Origin, so you would have 2 separate libraries. I bet that’s how it works with TS4 unfortunately, which means everyone would have to purchase everything again. Just like if we purchase TS4 on PC we have to purchase it again for console

Idk what would make someone want to purchase the game on Steam when they already have it on Origin.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Oh boy, I wonder what the reviews are like on Steam :/:*
  • bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    It was interesting how the trailer really only showed content from expansion packs. I mean, I'm not surprised, but it has to be disappointing for those who aren't familiar with the game and didn't realize that the experience promised by the trailer is roughly $500 :#
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ...then what's the point to buy them of steam if you need origin ANYWAY!? Like what logic?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Why cant they put sims medieval on there?! 😭
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Oh I wish ;-;
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    to be honest i do not understand why they put the sims4 on steam if its already on origin to me as a player its like 1 big questionmark?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2020
    bixters wrote: »

I'm tempted to buy the main game just so I can post a review on it. That would be such a waste of money though. :D
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    to be honest i do not understand why they put the sims4 on steam if its already on origin to me as a player its like 1 big questionmark?

Because most of us don't want to run Origin? All my games are on Steam - except Sims 4 and the Sims 2 Ultimate. Cause Origin.

Because most of us don't want to run Origin? All my games are on Steam - except Sims 4 and the Sims 2 Ultimate. Cause Origin.

But the thing is you NEED origin to play the steam games so???
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    Sims 4 Steam has trading cards, that's a big reason i want it on there, but not for more than 5 bucks
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Ravenna wrote: »
    Sims 4 Steam has trading cards, that's a big reason i want it on there, but not for more than 5 bucks

Eh you can still collect trading cards by buying them off of market without owning the game itself.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

here's one
    "Overpriced DLCs for a game that's over 5 years old. How typical of you EA.
    Cant believe they get away with charging so much for dlc. $500+ for the whole thing is just messed up."

Truth.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Lazyness (by EA Origin) I guess
    You are from out of USA?
    If yes, steam sell in local currencies, Origin only in USD and EUR
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    For sake of organization, I recently moved TS3 from Steam to Origin. Only one not on either is TS2, because I have a physical copy. But, most of my games are on Steam, and I might as well move everything back to Steam. Origin is so buggy, and is always giving me problems.

These are my questions:

Can I transfer from Origin to Steam?

Will I need to backup my saves (which I'm thinking I should do anyway)? Will I need to copy them again?

Will patches be treated equally? In other words, will they release on Steam the same time as Origin?

Will Steam enjoy similar discounts as Origin? I know TS3 and its EPs have gone on sale on Steam way more than they have Origin. But, TS4 has enjoyed varying discounts every now and then on Origin.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

Personally I agree. I do have some games on Steam but have no desire to repurchase all my Sims just so they can be on Steam as well. I dont have any problems with Steam or Origin so having them both is no big deal. Its not like I forget which game is where. :wink:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    My reason is I trust steam more than EA. For instance I own black and white on Origin but Origin won't let me download it. So EA stole back a game I bought and own on Origin. Steam has Never stole a game I bought through them.
    But the only thing I wish is that I waited and bought it on steam, I trust them more than Origin.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member

It used to be on Steam, I bought it on Steam, I can still play it from Steam (and still do actually).

I remember having to buy a Fable 3 steam key on Amazon after they removed it aswell and being able to activate it with no problem even when the game was technically no longer part of the Steam catalog. TSM steam keys, if those still exist somewhere, probably work the same.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited June 2020
    If EA put the sims medieval with the pirates (Eta. DLC) on steam, I'd buy it again.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

here's one
    "Overpriced DLCs for a game that's over 5 years old. How typical of you EA.
    Cant believe they get away with charging so much for dlc. $500+ for the whole thing is just messed up."

Oh my :D I wonder what ranking it will get. Most likely Mixed or Negative. This is why EA didn't want to put it on Steam, because of the bad reviews. Origin doesn't allow for any reviews no surprise.
    It's not a "bad" game per se, it's alright, but I think a lot of people will just be buying it on there just so they can post negative reviews after not being able to on Origin, after 6 years of frustration.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I might get it for steam achievements if it has it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Can't wait for the reviews.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ugh, hearing this made me a little annoyed. I also have all my games on Steam and only really run Origin for the Sims and nothing else, really.

I wish I could run my copy from Steam, but connecting my pre-existing TS4 copy to my steam account just makes Steam open Origin to start the game... :/
    I might get it for steam achievements if it has it

Seconded. If they do have the achievements on Steam, I'd probably buy it again just to record all my achievements since Sims achievements aren't recorded or worth anything on Origin ¯\_(ツ)_/¯