Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Packs lately have been awesome

Honestly, in my opinion, the most recent stuff packs we've been getting have been a pretty good value. I mean Moschino literally expands photography and adds a new career, Tiny Living gave us a new residenital lot type as well as a new death, and the upcoming Knitting Stuff Pack has an entire new skill along side other little things. We also have Laundry Day which adds a new house hold chore/system, Bowling Night with a minor skill, also Kids Room Stuff adds a fairly in depth childs activity and a new collection, but those three pack releases were spread out amongst other not as content heavy stuff packs, these latest three have been a consistently pretty decent value compared to some other stuff packs. We used to only get a few game play objects let alone a new skill, lot type, system, career, etc.

All I'm wondering now is where was this energy when all the other Stuff Packs were in development?

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    edited June 2020
    I do not disagree but I have one qualm. Even though I bought the pack, I took an issue with Tiny Living. I love all the Build/Buy items but I just couldn't get past the fact that we were able to make a tiny house without a pack. So they gave us a pack that counts the tiles for us? Gee, thanks. It's like them giving us a Nightclub pack. We can do nightclubs already but a pack would just add a few details. My point is, it's not really new. It's expanding on something already in the game. Maybe some people enjoy that, but I prefer new activities and gameplay when I'm spending my money.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Tiny Living doesn't just count the tiles. It gives you perks for having a tiny house of various tiers.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Tiny living adds a tile count, but that is only a tool to check for the real gameplay part of the pack, the perks you can earn. Of course it is possible to build small houses without the pack, but with the pack you can get a reward for it. And a murphy bed.

I agree with the OP. The latest stuff packs really add a lot to the game. A big contrast with earlier packs where there was just one single special object and no additional gameplay (luxury party, cool kitchen,...) . I really like the fact that stuff packs can include a career (freelance photographer in mochino) an NPC (butler in vintage glamour), new collectibles (void critter in kids stuff), skills (bowling and now knitting) and the new pack will even have it's own aspiration! But what I appreciate most is actual gameplay like the photography improvement, the laundry system, plopsy. Although I wish some more of the photography update would have been added to the base game.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Not sure about awesome but yea they are getting better. Having said that I would be happier if they would move all the gameplay items in SP to GP or EP then I will happily ignore all the SP.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My game is full of decorative items I never ever touch just because I bought a SP for 1-2 gameplay items.
  • BethSims4BethSims4 Posts: 113 Member
    There are quite a few I like
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited June 2020
    I see how popular Tiny Living is and I still haven't seen the big deal about it. I waited to buy it on sale. I think I'd like it more if they included bunk beds instead of the Murphy bed and a bit more of the awesome combination items such as the bookshelf and TV stand combo! I am not that interested in the overpowered buffs it came with because I think there are already far too many easy traits and buffs in the game. I do like the faster plant growth one though but I haven't yet really seen the fruits of it!

The knitting one really looks like a contender to be my favorite stuff pack for sure! The fact that it includes a rocking chair, 10 level skill, aspiration, new dance move, new stations, and CAS stuff is so awesome!
  • CharleyNoel9CharleyNoel9 Posts: 38 Member
    I agree. I think they've been pretty decent lately as well. I still wish we got more furniture that actually matched or had similar base tones though.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Some have been decent ig but I'm not that bothered about any of them other than Tiny Living, that was a great pack. The rest, meh. If they were 50% off I'd consider buying them
    I think I'd like it more if they included bunk beds
    Bunk beds don't really belong in a pack centered around Tiny Living imo, I've never once seen a tiny home with a bunk bed, they should've been in parenthood or kids room stuff.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Stuff packs are 🔥🔥 I think they’re some of TS4’s best work