March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Logic Skill is Dead.

Take your pick. It was either Eco Living or the patch that killed the Logic Skill. Many moons ago before Sims where looting and Woohoo with trees my Sims took to Logic like a duck to water. Now all they do sit in front of the television and talking to garden plants. I run a straight vanilla game so you can not blame a Mod on this issue.

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My teen Sim is able to gain Logic. However, when he was a child, he was unable to gain adult Logic points, which he could have in the past.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't understand. I have a sim learning and using logic skill currently it's needed for the Civil Design career ...and although I'm not sure it seems to help you have less mess ups with the fabricator. He's high in logic, mechanical and fabrication and hasn't had any accidents in awhile.
    I'm running a vanilla game too. Do you mean they don't go do stuff on their own?
    egTcBMc.png
  • S3bSterS3bSter Posts: 32 Member
    My Sims cannot gain logic via the books or via searching on the web at a certain level.
    However, it builds logic skill when I used the Skygazer / observation item in my household.

This is from having the latest update done on the PS3. V1.27 (I believe)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Potty training doesn't work either.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    My Sims started acting differently several months ago. I noticed that they started doing things like research the violin on a computer, chat with someone online even when their social meter was full, watch television, or play a video game. Lots of handwashing too. They'd cycle through these same activities over and over unless I made them do something else.

My Sims don't usually act this way. They used to keep themselves busy doing something constructive like practice writing or programming, write jokes, hack something, mod a game, or play chess. I saw teens hack their grades. They used to chat briefly with some of their penpals and inspect their gardens. Some of them used to actually read a book and not just browse a book. They used to have at least one skill related whim, but not anymore. Now all they want to do is talk, meet someone new, hug someone, compliment someone, play an instrument, or buy something.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2020
    OP, are you saying your Sims no longer autonomously do activities that gain Logic?
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Once in a blue moon but not like the old days.
  • FrostedLemonCookiesFrostedLemonCookies Posts: 5 New Member
    That's strange, my sim gains logic normally, what are you playing on?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    My Sims started acting differently several months ago. I noticed that they started doing things like research the violin on a computer, chat with someone online even when their social meter was full, watch television, or play a video game. Lots of handwashing too. They'd cycle through these same activities over and over unless I made them do something else.

My Sims don't usually act this way. They used to keep themselves busy doing something constructive like practice writing or programming, write jokes, hack something, mod a game, or play chess. I saw teens hack their grades. They used to chat briefly with some of their penpals and inspect their gardens. Some of them used to actually read a book and not just browse a book. They used to have at least one skill related whim, but not anymore. Now all they want to do is talk, meet someone new, hug someone, compliment someone, play an instrument, or buy something.

Uh-oh. Check their pockets in the laundry and see what they're hiding. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    edited June 2020
    What ever it matters, no matter what sim is send to any park, they are more than happy, in their own free will, to join Björn Bjergsen at chess game, and gain logic without any problems.

ETA: what bothers me more, is why in earth Björn is at every single park from Willow Creek to Sulani beach , and even often using the chesstables at Forgotten Hollow :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Not having that issue in my game. You can keep it, thanks! lol
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My Sims gain. The logic skill quite easily, but I also do not have electronic devices easily accessible to them on purpose.