Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Have Your Houses Changed Over Time?

RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
I love slowly adapting a house for my Sims as they gain skills and grow their families. My Sims rarely move; they just expand and alter the existing house for their needs. My main Sim family lives in Carpophagous Corner in Strangerville. The house started out like this when it was just Bob Friend and his dog Mason:
50020299237_1ec30fa6ef_c.jpg
50019513863_7c6040b31d_c.jpg
50020299017_8eee748048_c.jpg

Now that Bob, his dog Mason, his Secret Agent wife Sylvia, his father, his triplet human-mermaid daughters, and his half-alien twins have all lived here at some point, the house looks like this:
50020042446_0962f17a6b_c.jpg
50020042001_843cfa7d3e_c.jpg
50019512578_baa5011c71_c.jpg
50019512828_a9bccceb71_c.jpg
50019513113_3930f7de23_c.jpg
50020043416_67b03ecbc4_c.jpg
50019511338_7e4f3e3b37_c.jpg
50020041456_1a2e0c7247_c.jpg

I intentionally did not decorate it in a beautiful way. I wanted it to be haphazard, because none of them are interior decorators, and his wife has the Slob trait. I'm not sure why their rocket reverted to its box form recently, because two of the children have already taken many trips to space in it.

How have your houses adapted over time?
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    They started off as big boxes with no yards, porches, columns, or anything. Then on the inside there was a rly basic floorplan lol. Now I usually just build normal houses you'd see in real life XD
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Not so much adapted, but completely re-doing. In my current save I'm turning Forgotten Hollow into all mid-century modern builds. So the story goes that Forgotten Hollow got an update in the 60's/70's and then never touched again. I'll probably make some vampires stuck in the mid-century as well.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I keep making little changes to the Wright Way House, as time wears on. I finally added some landscaping, which admittedly, I'm not too good at, but I learn things as I go. I turned the top turret room into an actual room. It's my celebrity singer Sims' studio. I don't have pictures, currently.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    They started off as big boxes with no yards, porches, columns, or anything. Then on the inside there was a rly basic floorplan lol. Now I usually just build normal houses you'd see in real life XD

That’s definitely how my houses started off too, lol! Mine didn’t even have roofs at first! I’m only now really starting to get the hang of building.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I do my best not to use boxes these days, even if it means getting help from the gallery. But, I still add bits and bobs as my sim family grows because they tend not to move out unless they go away to university.
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    While I've been pretty good with LEGO, I stink at art and architecture (which is why I mostly build vehicles, using basic designs for the platforms of those vehicles that LEGO typically uses). Thus, my houses, quite often, look pretty bad. As I practice more and learn the use of all the tools in Build/Buy, they're getting better.

But usually, I only do remodeling to change features around, remove stuff I don't want, and make room for certain items a Sim needs for their career and/or hobbies. Heck, the only reason I got Tiny Living was to make better use of the small houses in Willow Creek, in which stuff is crammed tight as it is. I doubt they're over 500 sq. feet in real life.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Mine used to be big 50x50 boxes with one bedroom and I didnt use wall paper
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I used to expand, but now I move my Sims because I want to try a different lot or neighborhood. I find that when I build completely from scratch the homes look so much better than when I expand bit by bit from something tiny. But I also liked expanding on a lot because the house would have a lot of history.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I sometimes just move but mostly I love adding on @Rouenpucelle also I really dig how your house turned out as time went on.

The most recent house I have the clearest pictures of is this one.
    G7pCNgs.png
    cWIHWSY.png
    It was mostly as their adoptive parents became more human they realized exactly how much space they should be pushing for with their massive group I need to get back to that save too ha. Also it's not mod related servos can adopt human children fun times, you know if anyone was curious, ghosts too.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png