Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FAQ - The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack release

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers,

blj4ewg9ahv2.png

June 5 is almost here, and with it the release of The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle. Do you have any questions about the release? Keep reading for the answers to those we see the most:

PC/MAC

Can I install Eco Lifestyle if I'm playing The Sims 4 Legacy Edition?
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle is not compatible with The Sims 4 Legacy Edition. Please, check this thread for more information.

If you purchased the pack and your computer can only run The Sims 4 Legacy Edition, please, get in touch with our advisors through EA Help.

When will The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle release and be available for download on PC/Mac?
As with previous Expansion Packs, this will be a rolling midnight release, which will start in Australia/New Zeland (the midnight of the 5th of January, Sydney time), and finish with the release in America (the midnight of the 5th of June, EDT time).

The time for you will depend on your time zone and region. You can check the exact time for you on Origin: here.
wqkd5pcyxzdf.png
This is the release time for me, in Ireland/Europe

As with previous packs, there won’t be a pre-load for The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle.

The pack has already been released in my region, but I can’t purchase/download it because the option is not there, what can I do?
Some players have reported cache issues soon after a new pack is released in the past. Clear your Origin cache to make sure stored old data is not causing the problem. If you are using the Origin client, you can learn how to clear Origin cache here. If you are using origin.com, clear your browser cache or try again using an incognito window.

The pack has already been released in my region, but when I press 'Download' Origin tells me that 'Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later', what can I do?
Make sure you are connected to the internet, and that Origin is not in offline mode. If you pre-ordered, please, make sure the payment was processed correctly. If something went wrong and you need help, please, reach out to one of our advisors through EA Help.

Will The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle be added to Build Your Own Bundle?
Yes, The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle is available to bundle.

The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle is already available to bundle but I don't get the option to add the pack to a bundle, what can I do?
Some players have reported cache issues in the past. Clear your Origin cache to make sure stored old data is not causing the problem. If you are using the Origin client, you can learn how to clear Origin cache here. If you are using origin.com, clear your browser cache or try again using an incognito window.

XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION 4

(PlayStation 4) When will The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle release and be available for download on PlayStation 4?
The download should become available at around 10am PT / 17:00 UTC on June 5, 2020. You will be able to jump right into the game as soon as the download is complete.

(Xbox One) When will The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle release and be available for download on Xbox One?
The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle will be available at around 10am PT / 17:00 UTC on June 5, 2020.
You can pre-load the game starting at 10am PT / 17:00 UTC on June 3, 2020.

I downloaded Eco Lifestyle on my Xbox One, but I still see 'download to use' and not 'Ready to play', what can I do?
Sometimes a pre-order can take some time to unlock. You can wait some minutes or power cycle your Xbox One to force the unlock.

The pack has already been released for console, but I can’t purchase/download it because the option is not there, what can I do?
You will find some troubleshooting suggestions for issues related to packs on console here.

Any other questions? Feel free to open your own topic! This is where, depending on the question:

-Mai
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top