Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EL apartment patio

Since we can't decorate the patio in the apartment complex can it be converted in a patch into extra apartment space instead?
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Comments

• thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Or, and hear me out...They could just fix it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member

For what it's worth, the guru's posted a message that it was not fixable without causing other errors and explained why. I'm not a computer programmer or developer so I have no room to say whether it's a bunch of bull or not. But they did acknowledge it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow, then why even add it.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

For what it's worth, the guru's posted a message that it was not fixable without causing other errors and explained why. I'm not a computer programmer or developer so I have no room to say whether it's a bunch of bull or not. But they did acknowledge it.

Yeah their reason was quite lame. I think they need to hire more experienced game developers?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,375 Member
    They should make it like a sun room with windows all around.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I don't know how it all works, but I feel like this solves the wallpaper problem on the changing building.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    I don't know about that. To me it looked like the wallpaper issue was caused by the way they built the balcony room. I get that when I build and change my mind and build some more, what appears like one room, isn't really a room so the wallpaper applies in patches.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yeah, but if they made it a sun room with windows all around, people could use it, not change it, and solves the issue of the building changing with the footprint but the balcony staying having to stay the same or glitching.

Again though, I don't know what's involved. It just sounds like your idea would work as a possible solution so that it is usable by the player at least.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    Camkat wrote: »
    Yeah, but if they made it a sun room with windows all around, people could use it, not change it, and solves the issue of the building changing with the footprint but the balcony staying having to stay the same or glitching.

Again though, I don't know what's involved. It just sounds like your idea would work as a possible solution so that it is usable by the player at least.

Agree, sims should be able to use it. I moved a family in there and they used the balcony to watch the sky. Wanted to build a snowman, but they decided to go outside for it. :neutral:
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

This is what I was thinking.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame