Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you get tired of the houses you live in?

I'm doing a legacy challenge and I'm on gen 3. I am so bored with the house I'm in now. It's not technically in the rules but I' think I'm going to move.
heartstopper-couple.gif

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Absolutely. I love it when my sims move into new houses. It feels like you're playing a new game. I've never liked that rule in the legacy challenge. Just move if you want to!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't know if it's boredom but have you ever built a house for your Sims and you play it for a bit and it just doesn't feel right? That's usually my problem I built a house and if it doesn't fit them I end up bulldozing it and starting over again. Sometimes the next house is the keeper :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea, then I usually expand on the house with a basement or second floor and add more kids.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    More often then I probably should. I get lots the way i like them move out shortly after. It's a challenge for sure.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    My sims moving houses regulary, like I do. I like to build different housestyles. Mostly I want to keep the old house, so moving to an other lot is mandatory.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    My sims move houses and neighbourhoods quite often, depending on how their story grows.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't get tired but it's refreshing when my sims move for story purposes.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    After one generation pretty much I am itching to move out!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just download a new home on the same lot every generation, so it is like we moved, but didn't.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's one of the reasons why I rotate.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Redecorate it or bulldoze it, they don't know! That's part of the fun, but yeah if you're sick of the lot and the scenery move, just because it's a challenge doesn't mean it has to be followed to the niggly little letter. It's your game, you decide how you play the challenge or not. Rules are made to be broken.
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I usually can play 2 generations in the same house, before I'm ready for a move. I build mine, so I don't bulldoze them. I have the families move to a new lot. I play rotationally, so that helps. Once I feel a house is "finished" that's usually move time.
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    That house will belong to that sims for the rest of eternity lol jk. I move them all time. But I will try to keep my main playable family in one house until the kids are moved out. I downloaded it/made it for a reason right!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I'm actually playing in most of my houses since 4+ generations of Sims / since 5 years. Unless I really feel like building, I leave everything as it is.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Or the flip side: build a house, love it, family moves out/ dies and you just can't seem to move another family in so you save it to the library and bulldoze it. Just me? Lol
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    More like tired of renovating, There’s always something I want to tweak in my builds and/or lots every time I visit them in game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    depends

if the house is big i often get tired of it fast
    if its small I'm mostly very sad to leave it cause its my precious baby house
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Yes! After a few generations. I usually get a new house. I’m not a builder so I have my sims save up for something on the gallery. Sometimes, I’ll move them to a new world altogether. My 100 baby challenge started in willow creek but now they are in new crest. But I must admit, I chose NC to avoid the welcome wagon and having neighbors in general lol.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Definitely not! I get super attached to my house, like the house itself is another member of the family. It's a big part of the story that gets told.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Not very often. I play Rags to Riches style so their houses evolve as they get more simoleans. I'm usually constantly changing/updating something. Plus, I'm also playing the Drifter challenge and with that, each generation starts out on a new lot with 0 simoleans. So, I get to build a new house for every generation. Sometimes I'm not even done remodeling their houses the way I want and the generation is over. I plan to go back and finish those houses after the challenge is complete. :)
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I’m playing rotation game and build homes for my sims. I have no time to get bored, because of the rotation and homes are my own buildings. I usually have everything I need for my playing style.
    But my building skill is getting better, I rebuild older homes.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I rebuild the home sometimes bulldozing the entire lot and terrain. Other times with editions to the home. Other times by changing the layout. I am a fan of open concept on the first floor feeling it gives a nice flow to my builds. Other times I might just change the decor. I love to build in the sims and will find any excuse to build... build... build.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    A change of pace is needed to keep things interesting. I play rotationally but my sims move around a fair amount. Other than mansions and apartments, I don’t get upset with bulldozing lots to move a new family in or repurposing a lot. In one generation, a retail lot might be a pawn shop, now it’s a bookstore. Seems more realistic to me. I also like things going abandoned or being under construction for a while.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I usually build a new house for every generation. A big mansion with everyting in it.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    My sims house has got to be just right - if I don't like the house then I find I can't enjoy playing those sims.

I get plenty of variety in houses and sims though, since I play on rotation, so don't really get bored of the houses. Plus, I don't usually enforce staying in one home if I feel a family should move.

What is hard for me is that I usually begin in tiny starter homes and if I try to expand them when kids come along it most often doesn't feel right so I end up downloading or building from scratch.