Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What changes should be made to island living to make it better

I noticed that island living does not give you the ablility to see as you dive underwater, what things have you noticed and feel that should be fixed or changed for the better as a patch.

Comments

• jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Turn it into a game pack and charge accordingly. This would make it better lol. Seriously I don’t think they will do much to improve it at this point.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I was hoping they would as I have bought it on sale but feel there is not much else to enjoy from it.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Adding the ability to go underwater with my sims and mermaids. I was really hoping they would have had at least one really large underwater lot.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I would like hammocks, hula dancing, flower garlands, decorative orchids, and dive for pearls interaction.
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    remove the whole conservation concept as EL makes it redundant.

the big gameplay feature should've been resorts/ hotels.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2020
    Let mermaids climb ladders, they can climb pool ladders just fine so why not. And give them a proper snorkel animation, since the snorkel tasks (like survey ocean wildlife) for the career were unlocked for them, but they swim like a human while doing it.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2020
    let mermaids snorkel, dive for fish, sleep underwater. swimmable water in other worlds. vampiric sunscreen + moonbathing for vampires.

actual diving would have been huge but that's not something that could be patched in.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
    BOY wrote: »
    let mermaids snorkel, dive for fish, sleep underwater. swimmable water in other worlds. vampiric sunscreen + moonbathing for vampires.

actual diving would have been huge but that's not something that could be patched in.

vampiric sunscreen :joy:

depositphotos_242228782-stock-photo-girl-swimsuit-mud-mask-whole.jpg
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    remove the whole conservation concept as EL makes it redundant.

the big gameplay feature should've been resorts/ hotels.

@DatLlama ??? disagree. You have, water pollution, marine conservation and island transformation in one area with careers focused around it. EL just expands on that concept with a focus on air pollution. I would not remove it from the game.

I do agree that resorts should've been added and was a huge miss. It is one of the things I loved and miss about TS3.

(I don't play TS3 much because of the lags and bugs IP introduced to the game).
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    BOY wrote: »

@BOY I think that mermaids should get their hygiene needs fulfilled in the water, be able to eat in the water and use the bathroom in the water just like real life mermaids (ok JK) just like real life marine life.

I also wish they would've created a mermaid world like in GTW where you go to Sixam that there would be a way that you could access the secret mermaid world and it was all underwater. That was a huge missed opportunity for that world, since there are no additional lots like in GF that has the acting lot.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    The problem I had with this pack was that half of the buildings were just set dressing however I did like the CAS and build & buy items I made a decent open air bar/night club It seemed very popular
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would like hammocks, hula dancing, flower garlands, decorative orchids, and dive for pearls interaction.

Would dive for pearls be much different from the current dive for treasure the game does come with?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    IL is my fav pack of all time, and the one I get the most game play out of for my families by far, but if they wanted to add even more I'd just be that much happier with it haha!

Notifications of when island festivals happen would be nice, there is a mod that does that but I'd prefer without.
    More events like the fishing tourny maybe? how about a sandcastle building contest
    I don't play the mermaids at all, haven't even seen one since I don't try, but an underwater world DOES sound pretty amazing, or at least being able to see underwater when diving. I love the underwater photos Sims can take but would love to see that myself in first person view.
    "Go hiking" on the volcano trail action maybe?
    More than one Sim able to sail on the same boat together
    crocobaura wrote: »

Would dive for pearls be much different from the current dive for treasure the game does come with?

Do they find any pearls? I think they only find the coins.

IL is my fav pack of all time, and the one I get the most game play out of for my families by far, but if they wanted to add even more I'd just be that much happier with it haha!

Notifications of when island festivals happen would be nice, there is a mod that does that but I'd prefer without.
    More events like the fishing tourny maybe? how about a sandcastle building contest
    I don't play the mermaids at all, haven't even seen one since I don't try, but an underwater world DOES sound pretty amazing, or at least being able to see underwater when diving. I love the underwater photos Sims can take but would love to see that myself in first person view.
    "Go hiking" on the volcano trail action maybe?
    More than one Sim able to sail on the same boat together

The trail to the volcano I really short and there is nothing to do there. Wish sims could at least roast marshmallows in it, if they can't fall in it. Also, I agree that sims need to be able to take their whole family on a boat/canoe.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    The little stuff would be add Rental lots. even without a complete hotel system the ability to add rental lots would make it something I would use in every save. Have At least 2 sims be able to use the boat together, ideally. Fix the food so it’s not just stuff we already have with new name(coconut cake) let us make all the new foods(poke bowl)

The big stuff is expand on the sulani culture. I felt like it was kinda there but wasn’t deep. More water activities. Add a mermaid cave, urns, bassinet.
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    > @DatLlama said:
    > remove the whole conservation concept as EL makes it redundant.
    >
    > the big gameplay feature should've been resorts/ hotels.

That would have been interesting! Not gonna lie, when they first announced Island Living I was expecting it to be a vacation spot, and then when I learned that it was a neighborhood (flashback to horrible memories of Sims 3 Island Escape constantly crashing, lagging, clipped graphics EVERYWHERE), I had concerns lol. I kind of wish that we could add PLAYABLE Rental Lots in the neighborhood because that would be super cool!
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > I would like hammocks, hula dancing, flower garlands, decorative orchids, and dive for pearls interaction.

HAMMOCKS!!! Yes!! Thank you!! I don't understand why this wasn't included from the beginning! Oh I know, so they can include that in a "Beach Day Stuff Pack" and get more of my money
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    More options for merfolk in CAS. They don't have any fin ears or back fins or head fins or arm fins or leg fins or body scale tattoos. All of the added body scales are on the tails, the mer-form tops, and that one makeup swatch that's supposed to be facial scales. And what about finger webbing or foot alterations with webbed toes? Oh, and they can recycle the pointy ears for the third time in a row, and the vampire eye swatches, but they can't give them the vampire teeth selection? They only get one inhuman teeth option, guys. One. And they forgot the gills? How?! And the mer-form tops are only selectable in mer-form CAS, but the top can carry over to the human form swimwear...but then can't be selected in human form as a top when a sim is a mermaid/merman? And what about some scaly pants or leggings or bikini bottoms? What if someone WANTS their merfolk to look like the Creature from the Black Lagoon in their humanoid form? Why is everything so forcibly PRETTY in this game??!!!! This is supposed to be an EP, their third CAS-createable occult, and they totally dropped the ball on customization. Yes, there's CC for those things, but...you really shouldn't have to rely on CC for such basic stuff.

So, yeah, biggest thing I'd fix is merfolk CAS...followed by more underwater movement and exploration options for them, because they barely have anything unique to do in the water. They can't even lure passing boats to the rocks to crash and sink. That should've been standard, ya'll.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    From what I remember of sims 3, going underwater was boring and laggy and there wasn't really anything to do so I'm not bothered about it not being there in IL.
    - Biggest improvement I want is for the conservation career to be changed, it's terrible. Would be much better if it was a standard get to work type career where you go to a special lot under the volcano with tasks centered around conservation. That would've been fun and interesting.
    - Mermaids should be more developed and actually part of the game
    - "Island Elementals" should have been left out as there's physically no backstory just a few random ghosts that turn up
    - Unpopular opinion but I'm not bothered about resorts being left out, I like how it's a liveable world not a vacation world.
    - Notifications about island events happening
    - It should've had a mermaid hidden world, like a hidden mermaid cavern you find if you go through the cave. That would be fun and add some purpose to mermaids
    sXQG1Bd.png
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Underwater gameplay, houseboats, and the addition of hotels with the ability to own them.

P.S. Didn’t they say they weren’t making updates to older packs?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    The addition of a large cave lot that is accessible through the cave entrance. Fully fleshed out and playable conservationist and lifeguard careers. More lore/background surrounding mermaids, more interactions for them. Overhaul of the Island Elementals with a few rituals you can perform with them. Like a fertility ritual (to increase the chance of twins or triplets), immortality ritual (live forever on the islands), a fortune ritual (better luck in social interactions and life events) or even a malicious natural disaster ritual (to evoke earthquakes and storms).

I personally think that they should save Hotels for another pack. With Island Living, the team clearly went with more of a cultural and environmentally conscious approach of the island theme. I've always interpreted Isla Paradiso in the Sims 3 as more of a commercial destination Island, and Sulani as an undiscovered Polynesian hideaway. But that's just personal, I guess - I'd rather see them expand on the features that are already there.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Underwater gameplay and expansion of the mermaids! There just isn’t enough for these guys and it makes me so sad 😞
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    If they're ever going to update a pack,i hope it'll be Island Living. I love this pack so much,but they didn't fulfill its potential at all. As others have mentioned,houseboats and underwater gameplay should be there.Surfing would've been cool too.Mermaids and elementals are bland,would love improvement on those,especially mermaids. Hammocks would be a nice touch as well.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2020
    I wish two sims or more could ride the canoe.