Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I have three questions/ conerns: [playing in port promise]
    Hi! These are from my experience playing with the game and may not be completely accurate. I’ve marked it spoiler for those that want to play and see for themselves. Alright, here goes:
    1. I think this is a bug. I play in Grims Quarry and my footprint always drops down to neutral too despite having replaced everything in the neighborhood to be green. To make matters worse, the neighborhood glitches out and the auroras and the sun ray effects still come on despite it being a neutral neighborhood. Reloading the save will revert it to green but the cycle begins anew.
    2. The murals and the sidewalk improvements are part of Modern Developments. You have to enact that NAP as well on top of Green Initiatives. It took mine about 3 Sims weeks or so to fully gentrify the neighborhood.
    3. The garbage layer should’ve been connected to Green Initiatives and if you had the NAP enacted, it should be the first to go. It’s sad though, I always thought garbage was tied to the Industrial footprint.
  • millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    Gotcha. Didn't know you could have both the modern development and green initiatives together.

I wonder why the trash hasn't gone away by now. I guess sometimes it's there and sometimes not. Today when I started playing it wasn't there and then it came back at some point and it's been driving me nuts. Also, did you get notifications about the changes when you enacted the green initiative NAP? Kind of like the ones in sulani? I haven't gotten any so I was worried that it's a bug.

The eco footprint bug is really annoying because it's the center of the expansion. Just green for a day then back to neutral. Pretty disappointing. On top of that this trash isnt going away? If that's another bug I don't even want to play in evergreen harbor at all until they're fixed.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    Gotcha. Didn't know you could have both the modern development and green initiatives together.

I wonder why the trash hasn't gone away by now. I guess sometimes it's there and sometimes not. Today when I started playing it wasn't there and then it came back at some point and it's been driving me nuts. Also, did you get notifications about the changes when you enacted the green initiative NAP? Kind of like the ones in sulani? I haven't gotten any so I was worried that it's a bug.

The eco footprint bug is really annoying because it's the center of the expansion. Just green for a day then back to neutral. Pretty disappointing. On top of that this trash isnt going away? If that's another bug I don't even want to play in evergreen harbor at all until they're fixed.

I have modern developments in Port Promise enacted and the trash layer dissapeared immediately. I also thought it'd be connected to green initiatives but apparently it's the other one.
    edited June 2020
    @millers72011 Yeah the game will send you popups similar to the one in Sulani if you’re progressing in your initiatives.

@idkidk You’re right, I checked again and found that I also have Modern Developments enacted in my Port Promise (no Green Initiatives yet because they chose the Foodies Unite and Sharing is Caring). I must’ve confused it with the Grims Quarry one where
    the trash disappeared when I implemented Green Initiatives... oOsRprB.gif
    or maybe it has some sort of deeper mechanics before the trash layer is fully removed?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I've been playing a Master Crafter in Port Promise and pushed him to vote for the initiatives that would make the world greener and more eco friendly. I liked the world better when it was leaning more towards being industrial so I cheated to repeal those initiatives. But the eco footprint is still in the green even though the world has reverted back to it's previous state. It's been almost two Sims weeks and there still is no change. I hope I'm making this easy to understand. The eco footprint icon located at the bottom of the screen is the one I am talking about. In the world map, Port Promise is outlined in white which indicates a neutral state. The garbage has returned, the propeller is gone, and the crane is not painted blue. But there has been no change made in the eco footprint and it's still almost fully green. So maybe I borked it when I cheated? :/
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    magooo63 wrote: »
    The trash men, or (Bin Men) depending on where you live should come once a week, but i only see them on my personal lot, not community lot.
    also, one time the trash man came and gave me a $50 fine for letting my trash pile up.

I have yet to see them appear. It would be nice if they cleaned up the little community areas in the game that are uneditable. So many empty mugs and cups that I can't do anything with!

Here's my question - is it only Sims with the eco traits that are able to rummage through the garbage cans at home? None of my Sims seem able to dig through their trash for recycleables. Do I need a compost? Do I need the recycler to make those options appear?

Your lot needs to have the recycler trait for the trash to pile up, but if you do, sims should be able to rummage in normal trash cans. However, if your sims live in an apartment, they may be taking their trash directly to the apartment trash outside and they can of course not rummage in there. So you need to make sure they put some of their garbage in the normal trash.

@magooo63 can you please take a screenshot of the Bin Men? I have yet to see them too. At this point I’m really skeptic EAxis coded in NPC’s apart from Knox, Bess, and Tina. I just can’t believe that garbage collection actually exists in game? My save is 28 days in since transferring to Grims Quarry and I have never ever seen one. I usually just ask my sim to “Empty Trash” when the outdoor bins are full and he goes through this action that says he’s gone to the dumps or something. I have the recycling lot trait too btw.

It's there but it's bugged. I have seen them once, or rather him, he hung out in front of my PC a bit, gave me a lecture about trash piling up, then left. Never returned since.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It's there but it's bugged. I have seen them once, or rather him, he hung out in front of my PC a bit, gave me a lecture about trash piling up, then left. Never returned since.

Thanks @SimTrippy! :) But I just removed the recyling lot trait from my lot. Out of sight out of mind! :D
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    How do you make kumbutcha?

You add flowers to the fizzing machine.

Really? I would have expected mushrooms, not flowers.

Didn't try with mushrooms, but kombucha is basically fermented tea.

Kombucha actually comes from a SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast), which I think is more like a mushroom than a flower.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Are there any fishing spots in Port Promise?
  • Bananadancer12Bananadancer12 Posts: 9 New Member
    Does anyone have an idea of when EA/Maxis will come out with more lots/styled rooms? I was disappointed with the... 5 we got. Zero households or lots on the gallery from maxis either
    Can candles be made so that the last forever?
  • AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member

If you Shift+click on the candle, there is a Set Burn Level option. This will "freeze" it in any state that you want :)
    Alrynn wrote: »

If you Shift+click on the candle, there is a Set Burn Level option. This will "freeze" it in any state that you want :)

@Alrynn That's perfect! Thank you! :)

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    One thing I find strange is that the waste people are not coming for some reason. They did in the past... Is this related to a lot trait? Am I missing something?
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    One thing I find strange is that the waste people are not coming for some reason. They did in the past... Is this related to a lot trait? Am I missing something?

Is your garbage piling up? You can click on it and if you can't recycle or something else with it (can't remember). If it isn't then you haven't equipped the reduce and Recyle lot trait.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • JanusSandersJanusSanders Posts: 1 New Member
    How many green or industrial point items do i need to place to make my lot green or industrial in the footprint view
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don’t know. It depends I guess. I know for some lots I just had to remove the tiles that covered all the lot (many have an industrial footprint of 2) and it became green, for others I had to add items with a good eco footprint.

Green footprint :
    - Upgrade your appliances and bathroom stuff to use less power or recycle water.
    - Add wind turbines or solar panels and dew collectors (enough to actually generate more power and water than you use), the ground ones have a bigger effect on eco footprint than the roof ones but will break (way too often if you ask me).
    - Check if there aren’t any tiles and stuff with an industrial footprint that you can remove.
    - I guess you can add plants too.

Industrial footprint :
    That I haven’t tried but I guess :
    - Use materials that have an industrial footprint (floors, walls etc).
    - Use objects that have an industrial footprint (power generators, water machine, industrial fireplace.....).
    How many green or industrial point items do i need to place to make my lot green or industrial in the footprint view

• davewhitdavewhit Posts: 7 New Member
    do i need the eco pack to get firemen as i cant seem to see them anywhere
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    talli_b wrote: »
    Bikes came with University. So if you don’t have University that probably explains why you can’t find it. I can buy it easily from building/buy, no cheats.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I am really struggling to make sense of the smog vacuum. Supposedly, you get it from submitting municipal concept blueprints. I keep submitting a slew of them (perfect quality) and all I get is some cash and work performance. Freegan sims benefit the most from cleaned up "free" stuff, but the smog vacuum is locked behind a career pathway... and freegan sims hate working. I'm really struggling with the logic of this....

My sim was level 9 of the career when she unlocked it. She can give them away as gifts and other sims can use them. They can't be taken out of the sims inventory or I would upload one to the gallery.

Edit: I just realized that you can get one from build/buy using the bb. ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat

Where are you seeing it, because I went through all of build buy with cheats on?

Maybe the person who has a sim that is level 9 in the career could share their sim on the gallery. And you could work your way up the career quickly with that sim ( cause they should have advanced skills to get there if the career itself doesn’t transfer over). Then you could keep that sim in an open apartment to give your sims the smog machine when needed.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    How can my Sims plant soybeans in their own garden? I can only harvest wax from the ones that grow wild. I couldn't find soybean seeds from the seed packs either.
    I saw James Turner growing a lot of soybean plants in one of his early access videos, but I didn't pay attention where he got the seeds from and I'm too lazy to watch the videos again. I will if I have to, but I thought I'll ask here first

Edit:
    I did watch James' video again and turned out that he cold harvest soybean seeds from the plants. I can't. I can only get wax. Now I can't even find soybean plants anymore, they have disappeared from the neighborhood. I have to give up candle making. :(

Maybe someone has shared the seeds on the gallery in a small room you could place on your lot.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @illustratedhappiness sorry to hear you are having those issues; I truly hop you get it fixed soon. It is winter in my game and my Sims only has $142 and living in a $600 apartment. I thought plopsy was in this and I realized oh--that is the next pack. Trying to figure out how to make money fast without having to borrow from his parents because I don't have enough skills for Freelance Crafter gigs anymore. :#

I’d say start digging for things, picking plants in other neighborhoods, fishing, or if you have Sulani beach combing (and digging), to sell things. I have one large 🐸🐸🐸🐸 family that don’t have regular jobs, but do these things to pay bills.
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Understand there is only one way to remove the trash from Evergreen, and would like to know why ? (by voting on and passing the modern development or green initiatives NAPS)
    Keep forgetting and clicking on it as though my Sim can pick it up.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to make wax? My Sims is broke and I do not want to buy the wax. Thank you,

Thank youuuu!! That makes the game so much better. You have to plant soy beans and then eventually you collect wax from the plant!

the bees make bees wax too
    talli_b wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue with power conservation on off grid lots? I had a huge surplus of power with just a windmill and then started using a fabricator I got through a work promotion and realized it had 🌺🌺🌺🌺 all the power out. I sold the fabricator (I can use the ones at the community space) but haven't been able to get my power surplus up at all (it's stuck at 0), even after adding two solar panels and making my mini fridge energy efficient. I don't have any other electronics, completely off grid. I keep getting notifications saying I've used all my power, then seconds later saying I have a surplus of power. Then back to having used all my power. So frustrating.

Did you try the power generator ? Takes fuel though and insect farms are the source for biofuel.
    I have a few questions:

How do I get compost? My Sim generates barely any trash, so no compostables either.
    How do I get my crickets' health up? They are fed and nurtured but their health is declining :(
    What's the point of The Trouble With Plants? Is it really just for show?!
    And where do I get wax for candle making?

I feel like such a noob for asking these questions, but I really can't figure it out :')

Bees provide bees wax and honey you can sell too.
    Plants help make the ecosystem green or neutral when industrial.
    You can also find wax while dumpster diving sometimes, and you will need bits and pieces to make candles, so you have to recycle old things you find in the dumpster, or you can rummage through trash cans for them.