Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I guess I coule say that the most unpopular thing that I do not like is a world with to many of the same lots, like 3 bars, etc. 2 or 3 beaches. I find that more sims vist the lot if there is only one of them. One bar everyone visits, etc. I like large words, but I like playing in small worlds as the large worls seem to be to busy for me. I like nice cozy towns, I do like lots for my sims that are 40x40, I do not like supernatural. Oh yes the one thing I hate is someone who adds a world to the exchange and it is night. can't see what it is really like. Oh well with that said, I love the Sims 3. I guess it is nice that we can all play and build, and download the things that we like, Isn't that nice. what a game, all these years and I am not tired of it yet. Have fun with your sims.
  • monicasimmermonicasimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    MERMAIDS are overrated. Man, they took hours to reach a destination by swimming..
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I don't like being stuck in the same world. I'd much rather have it be like Sims 4 where you can visit any world you want without erasing current relationships.
    With out mods that isn’t possible in sims 3 but I’d you aren’t against mods there’s a few Such as traveler that allows this.I send my sims all over 🤪
  • DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    I really love (most) Supernatural sims. Especially vampires and witches but I've had a lifelong fascination with them. First EP I got for TS3 was Supernatural. I love them mingling with regular sims in suburban environments. I love the escapism of it. I also wish the more dark or gothic elements of the game were more dingy/grungy as opposed to elegant. I want my vampires hanging out in dingy bars, not big extravagant dance halls or lounges. Think I've read Lost Souls a few too many times
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    I don't like playing with (young) Sims children and Sims toddlers (I only play with young adult Sims or adult Sims). I also don't like the high maintenance friendships in the Sims. Within a short period you already get the message "that Sim is not your friend anymore". So I always purchase the lifetime award distance friend. Of course I don't mind friends but I got stuff to do and they ask to much attention. I also dislike the welcome to the neighborhood part: I want to introduce my Sims when I'm good and ready not when the game decides because I'm always busy when they come. I also dislike the meaningless phone calls: can you come to my party, sorry you missed it, and so on. Almost every call my Sim get that has nothing to do with chances I tend to find useless and never a good time (because, again ;),my Sim is busy or sleeping).
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    edited June 2020
    SimLibby wrote: »
    I don't like playing with (young) Sims children and Sims toddlers (I only play with young adult Sims or adult Sims). I also don't like the high maintenance friendships in the Sims. Within a short period you already get the message "that Sim is not your friend anymore". So I always purchase the lifetime award distance friend. Of course I don't mind friends but I got stuff to do and they ask to much attention. I also dislike the welcome to the neighborhood part: I want to introduce my Sims when I'm good and ready not when the game decides because I'm always busy when they come. I also dislike the meaningless phone calls: can you come to my party, sorry you missed it, and so on. Almost every call my Sim get that has nothing to do with chances I tend to find useless and never a good time (because, again ;),my Sim is busy or sleeping).

@SimLibby Forgive me for just now seeing this, but ^Oh my gosh YES!!! (In bold) I feel that way too! :smiley: First thing I do is cheat to get that "Long Distance Friend" reward, EVERY time!

I also don't play much with babies, toddlers, or children...but not because I don't want to. I just prefer to write (or imagine) stories that mostly involve adults.

I never minded the "welcome to the neighborhood" sims appearing at my sim's door (got used to that playing Sims 2) but yeah the meaningless phone calls can be a bother at times, especially if your sim was/is busy.

:)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I very much dislike the welcome wagon and always make certain my Sims are not at home when it comes time for them to show up >:)!

I have a different view of the friendship mechanics and never really saw it as 'high maintenance'. Anyone who makes it to the friends list (good, best or BFFs), are the ones whom my Sims have chosen to pursue a relationship with, everyone else remains an acquaintance until they drop off of the list. My active Sims will autonomously call whom they want to talk to (or send up some sort of related wish such as 'spend time with' or 'cook favorite food for'. On the other side, their friends will call them to hang out or, stop by the house to hang out or have a meal. There is always an autonomous level of socialization going on in addition to the things I do with them as a whole.

When it comes to life stages, I like them all from infant to elder and do not rush any timelines. The hardest Sims for me to play are the YA who have been created in CAS because they are basically infants with abilities and require a lot of time to (help) develop.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i like looking after babies >:)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I actually think Island Paradise is a great expansion! Most don’t like it for the lag but I don’t get anymore lag than I do with any other expansion
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm honestly not a fan of Bridgeport, I think because it's all so close together it just feels empty for me.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't like the celebrity free gifts that make my sims rich right from the start of their celebrity life...
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't like the baby body mods. They don't look right when sims hold them in their arms.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    I don’t like horses from Sims 3 Pets. While the Equestrian skill is an interesting one to play with every now and then the horses themselves are way too high maintenance, especially foals.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    I really shouldn't use dogs in my games. They make it too easy for my sim to get absolutely stinkin' rich.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Fridge-shopping and free snacks from refrigerators are immersion-breaking and unrealistic for me so I installed a mod to prevent my sims from getting free food so as to make the grocery store rabbithole not as useless.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    It's been fun to read back over this post which I originally posted in years ago when it first popped up. I have a few more unpopular opinions to add that I didn't before:

I absolutely HATE marriage breakups. I want all of my Sim families to be happy families. I know it's not RL. I had too much of that in MY RL. So I work at making them all be happy, healthy and have good relationships.

I absolutely HATE house building. The reason is that I'm terrible at it. But Someone sent me a link to an amazing community that has wonderful houses to download. I was always a non-CC person so I guess that's cheating a tad but As my families age and acquire a lot more money, I want them to have houses that are worthy of their status. A good example is my Hanks family modeled after RL Tom and Rita Hanks. As his fame and career has risen, it seemed only proper that they have a huge house to reflect what his actual fame would be. Since they were a founding family in my city, their original funds was pretty low. So I let them get a genie lamp to ask for wealth to mirror the income Tom would be bringing in with is epic career.

I absolutely LOVE the elders. Maybe it's because I AM an elder but I love them. They work all their lives to achieve their LTW and hit the highest level in their career. I then let them retire and enjoy their lives. All my families have children so the elders help raise the little ones.

I absolutely LOVE having all the EPs and SPs for this game. I had originally bought the base and then World Adventures on CD and then quit playing because I didn't like the uncontrollable open world. Then I learned about NRaas and how I could play rotationally and decided to give it a go and ended up buying the entire game when it went on sale on Steam a few years ago. While I don't like University and haven't even played probably 50% of the entire game's content, I like knowing it's there. For instance, the farm feature looks very interesting to me and I plan to move a family to a farm one of these days to see what it's all about.

I absolutely LOVE and insist that each of my Sims has a different LTW and career than any of my other Sims. I want to experience as many things as I can so I keep track of who is doing what.

I absolutely INSIST that my Sims live a normal lifespan and let them pass away when it's time. I built a special graveyard to place all of my Sims who pass away. I organize them by family trees.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Generations and Seasons were the most underwhelming EPs.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Generations and Seasons were the most underwhelming EPs.

When it comes to Generations I agree. I tend to think that there could have been sou much more for Generations especially for Babies. Despite it, I still love that pack. Still, couldn't hurt to get more.

Unpopular Opinion - I hate the Apartments in The Sims 3. Can't visit neighbors and only an empty shell :(
    Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but I think no sim should have access to any futuristic furniture, clothing items before they even attempt to time travel; since they technically have not yet been to the future and should not even learn of their existence. Why would a sim wear the same hairstyle or outfit as their great-great-grandchildren at present times?

Same logic applies to World Adventures items: Sims shouldn’t gain access to any of the exotic CAS items or pieces of furniture until they have been to one of the three destinations.
    ._.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Unpopular Opinion - I hate the Apartments in The Sims 3. Can't visit neighbors and only an empty shell :(

@TS1299 Agreed! I was so hoping it would've been more like "Apartment Life" in Sims 2. That was rad!

It was a huge disappointment. :(
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I don't like apartments in TS3 either.
    I also think Generations was useless as an EP and is more like a SP, and I can't stand having TS3 pets in my game and mod them all out.
    Which is sad because I am an animal lover in realspace.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I knew I was going to find unpopular opinions here, but saying that Seasons and Generations were underwhelming is sacrilegious. HOW DARE YOU?
    I honestly enjoy creating male sims more than female sims and spend more time making them, too
    ._.
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    i love playing toddler in my game, they're super adorable~ <3
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    Oh and my sim had childish trait too, they can always play together :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top