Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding A Lot Sulani - help with finding lot objects.

February11February11 Posts: 12,655 Member
I cannot for the life of me find where there volcano and Island terrain stuff is in debug. I found it all once before, but can't remember where I found it.
I'm in cheats and debug at the moment, but where do I go from here?
Any help would be much appreciated.
MLgj4Vx.png
Post edited by February11 on

Comments

• Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Start with filtering just the Island Living pack and the debug option.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I tried that, and only got a few objects. No terrain objects.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Try hitting the search/magnifier button and "refresh" the objects? Also try both hidden objects cheat and the live edit one :)
    AxxYIX4.png
  • Options
    Yup, still nothing.
    What happened yesterday was I downloaded someones beach from the gallery, and there was little tumbled down/quirky sort of bridge. I clicked on it to see if it would tell me were to find it as it usually gives the name etc in the lower right corner, and it just said debug, but I just can't seem to find those kind of objects in my debug, I get all the other decorations and that, but no bridges or terrain things.
    I've just found another beach which says it's all made from debug objects, so I might get some luck from there.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Nope, still no luck. This beach had big debug rocks and things, and I can't find them anywhere - and I have searched every bit, and still get the debug stools, barstool, bath toilet etc, the wall decor etc, but no terrain objects.

This is so frustrating, I've now found another one with a rock archway!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    And now I've downloaded another beachy lot, and I find a palm tree with lights wrapped around it - also debug, and can I find one? Nope!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2020
    Open the cheat box and type:

testingcheats true (or on instead of true if that works better for you)

Push the enter button and type:

bb.showhiddenobjects

Push the enter button and type:

bb.showliveeditobjects

Push the enter button. Close the cheat box by pushing the escape (Esc) key.

In the search box on the left, type:

Debug

Push the search button.

Alternately, choose the first *Debug search string that shows up after typing in the word Debug in the search box. OR hit the search button with an empty search box to refresh the list.

All the hidden objects including the environmental ones should now be available. You should also be able to search for just the Island Living objects by choosing it from the drop down list on the right.

Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: Also, try not searching for just Island Living debug stuff. If the quirky bridge is the one I'm thinking about, it's not from Island Living, it's from Get Together or might even be from Cats & Dogs. I'd first try just doing a general search as described above, then try an Island Living pack filter.

Do you have a photo of the bridge you're looking for? That might help narrow it down.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Ahhhh, I forgot about that bb.showliveeditobjects bit. That was new with Island Living, or an update from memory. I must have used it before as I remember finding all those other objects before. Just off to try it. Thanks, I hope that's the missing link!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Okay, well that opened up a whole lot of other stuff. No bridges, no arched rocks or volcano.
    Also, one of the lots I downloaded had a mysterious tree, no idea where to find that. So I'm still missing something.

EDIT - I found the mysterious tree. But not the palm tree with lights wrapped around it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    This one?
    NWWtMEj.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    And is this your missing arched rock formation?
    3H8jzYy.jpg
    Most rock formations can be found near the bottom of the list if your have the debug cheat codes enabled. I haven't found an entire volcano though.
  • Options
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    This one?
    NWWtMEj.jpg

Yup, that's the one! Thank you, It must be there and I missed it.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    And is this your missing arched rock formation?
    3H8jzYy.jpg
    Most rock formations can be found near the bottom of the list if your have the debug cheat codes enabled. I haven't found an entire volcano though.

Surely I couldn't have missed that, I looked through all that, but obviously I did. At least that proves they are there, thanks once again.

Maybe I "thought" I'd seen the volcano before - it's possible :#
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Found it all!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    This is frustrating, all are not showing again. Don't know why after I had them all today.

I only get the debug objects down to the three public toilets at the bottom. Nothing after that are showing like before. I know I was only getting these earlier and then suddenly everything appeared.

I can't post a picture as I used to use Tinypic and doesn't exist anymore, and all the new image hostings seem to have codes that won't work here. I did try imgur, and that didn't work. Don't know if I need to create an account first. They seem to have made things less easy.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    I've just been reading up on it. Sounds like a lot of people have experienced what I am, and an option is to go into build/buy mode and leave the search box empty and it refreshes the objects. Seems to work for some but not everyone. That must have been how mine all appeared today, but now they've all gone again. I've tried what was suggested and still nothing.
    Thankfully I build my lot so all's good, but frustrating to know I can't easily get all the debug environment objects when I want to refurbish.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    You can use imgur just fine without having an account. Just drag any image onto their Upload Images interface:
    Y4ALv91.jpg
    Then when the image has finished uploading, open the drop down menu and select 'get share links'. You get a new interface pop up. Copy/paste the BBCode (Forums) from there onto a comment you want to post here and your image will appear when you preview your post and when you post your comment.
    NgQRKpi.jpg
    Also, while playing the sims, a loading screen resets any continuous cheat codes you have enabled. So if you had the cheat codes on for those debug items to appear in your catalog, then continue playing and have your sims for instance change lots, the debug items won't appear anymore in your catalog unless you re-enable the cheats for it. If for some buggy reason the debug items you're looking for don't appear anymore because maybe you've used any search filters, going through a loading screen like you get from visiting another lot should fix that if you re-enable the cheats again. It's a bit wonky and annoying to get to these debug items each time this way, but I guess that's the result of using cheats and non-optimized game assets.
  • Options
    Brilliant. I got to that first step, but didn't use the right code and gave up. Will do it later once I've got my game running. Thank you once again.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Also, the second part of your post. That must be why my debug items wouldn't come back. I was obsessed with that lot and kept trying from that lot only.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    There, at the bottom of the shot is as far as debug goes for me. Will try changing lots later to see if it all appears again like you said.

DczxUlT.jpg
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The only thing I can think of is that you might need to wait a little longer for the image you dragged into their Image Upload interface to finish uploading. And the copy drop down menu only appears when you hover your mouse cursor over the image that you have uploaded.

Edit: never mind, I see you figured it out :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    There, at the bottom of the shot is as far as debug goes for me. Will try changing lots later to see if it all appears again like you said.

DczxUlT.jpg

Those colourful party lights look so pretty. Are they CC?
  • Options
    I managed to get the same problem as you have with the same items at the bottom of the list as in the image you posted. But when I scrolled up a (moderately fair) bit, I found the rock formations again, They are still grouped together like when they were at the bottom of the list, but they had now been moved somewhere else. This happened to me after I used the search filter again from the first time I searched using 'debug'. It seems if you use the search filter again the item listing for debug objects gets scrambled.
  • Options
    No, it's an object from the Seasons expansion. The default thumbnail shows a string of red and green lanterns in your catalog. The orange & purple swatch will give you the six differently colored lanterns.
    EKHL14B.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The only thing I can think of is that you might need to wait a little longer for the image you dragged into their Image Upload interface to finish uploading. And the copy drop down menu only appears when you hover your mouse cursor over the image that you have uploaded.

Edit: never mind, I see you figured it out :)

Yes, I was being impatient and not looking thoroughly! I was looking too far to the side.
    MLgj4Vx.png