Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are showers uncomfortable?

I don't remember this being a thing before 1.63, although I haven't started a new game in a while, so haven't really needed to build. I vaguely remember that showers used to DECREASE discomfort, if they did anything at all to it.

I'm also seeing the fact that the more expensive the shower, the more uncomfortable they are. Say what? I should spend $2800 on the Hygienic Decontamination Pod, in order to have the most uncomfortable (Discomfort 5) shower in the game? Really?

Between this, and the fact that the more expensive items use MORE water/electricity, this doesn't make much sense. Usually people spend more on showers and other plumbing in order to conserve water, not to deliberately waste it.

This simply makes no sense. Or is it simply labeled wrong, and it should read "discomfort relief" instead of "discomfort"?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I think the higher the number, the faster it takes care of that need.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This seems backwards to me, too. If anyone has ever taken a shower with the lowflo showerheads, they would know how uncomfortable those cheap things are. Shampoo taking more than a few seconds to rinse out and actually using more water since there is no water pressure. lol It would seem to me a more expensive sensitive to enviornment would be the opposite of a cheap object that waste more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.