Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Challenge idea

StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
My idea is that I'll post a CAS item (hair, makeup, clothing) and you guys can make sims showcasing that item. You can use any swatch of it, and the items will generally be those that are harder to style. Here's the first item:
vD3qK4s.png
And here's my sim:
PoPMhXm.png

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    This is Penny Pizzazz in blue.

104411050_1611993925617563_8168281247630419496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=oRll-3nv3JcAX_kIytg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=f43ef0075e54fc9a12c1c3e7dca74a0c&oe=5F0F9C68
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    I asked a question, but I overlooked the first CAS picture. So my question has been answered. Sorry.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I like it! Great fun idea!
  • MagicalSimmer110MagicalSimmer110 Posts: 20 Member
    Awesome idea. If i was a member I would show you my sim. Her name is Julia Smith and is a fashion model.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Awesome idea. If i was a member I would show you my sim. Her name is Julia Smith and is a fashion model.

If you have a picture of her online somewhere I can post it for you.
    Meet Tiffany George, fame jealous, family-oriented health nut who wants nothing more than to become a world-famous celebrity.

Tiffany-George-body.png
    Tiffany-George-face.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited June 2020
    I decided to use a sim in the household I'm currently playing. Here's Ysilla Stark, queen consort to the King in the North.

d39ca285afdd5642111df9f4c6b8614ab87f7fa3.jpg
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    I was going in to play around making an outfit based on that skirt, then by coincidence one of my favorite Sims (I already made outfits for), walked by as an NPC. B)<3

gVskBiX.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This is Penny Pizzazz in blue.

104411050_1611993925617563_8168281247630419496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=oRll-3nv3JcAX_kIytg&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=f43ef0075e54fc9a12c1c3e7dca74a0c&oe=5F0F9C68

She looks great! I really like the top with the skirt.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    I see that skirt primarily as part of a party outfit so I've gone with that theme here.
    igGouEk.jpg
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Meet Tiffany George, fame jealous, family-oriented health nut who wants nothing more than to become a world-famous celebrity.

Tiffany-George-body.png
    Tiffany-George-face.png

She looks like she really has a lot of thought put into her! I also like the mix of styles with the blazer and the skirt. The skirt seemed more party/clubwear, but on her it looks more everyday and professional.
    I decided to use a sim in the household I'm currently playing. Here's Ysilla Stark, queen consort to the King in the North.

d39ca285afdd5642111df9f4c6b8614ab87f7fa3.jpg

Great work!
    @StarDreamer Thank you! A whole story formed around her in my mind and now she's in my library with a brother and a mother whenever I'm ready to play them. It all started with a skirt!
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I was going in to play around making an outfit based on that skirt, then by coincidence one of my favorite Sims (I already made outfits for), walked by as an NPC. B)<3

gVskBiX.png

The textures are slightly different, but I still really like how it looks on that sim! It looks great with those shoes.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My Freddie Lounds wears it ... but she dresses over the top to me all the time. The top of the skirt looks pretty bad unless you have something covering it normally. You can match it with some masculine stuff.
    cUodPJ5.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    There are some really beautiful fashion ideas for this skirt in this thread!

I used it on my Egyptian queen for her party wear.

F4SuZil.png
    #Team Occult
    edited June 2020

gVskBiX.png

The textures are slightly different, but I still really like how it looks on that sim! It looks great with those shoes.

Yeah, I kinda noticed that too. Square sparkleys instead of circle sparkleys. I think it's slightly shorter too. I'll go do what I was originally going to do and start from scratch on two other existing characters. ;)

EDIT: This was before.
    bUPteBH.png

Then after.
    aCdhMX4.png
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I decked out some random chic generated by CAS with this skirt. I would assume this particular cas asset is just a warming up for your challenge as I don't think it's that 'generally harder to style'. You just have to make some bolder fashion choices to match it.
    ZpYafda.png
  • hexoglyph11hexoglyph11 Posts: 21 Member
    I really love this idea! I’ll post my sim when I become a member, if you can, please react to this comment so I can have enough points to become a real member :)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I made an outfit with this skirt for Penny Pizzaz as well a while ago.

fXTEzgD.jpg
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,101 Member
    WcrIYaH.png

This is Robyn Daniel.
    Love everyone's submissions! I generally am pretty conservative when it comes to CAS, so this is a great thread for ideas.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I chose a party outfit in black and silver.

yMG5e9k.png

zMDfEJh.png

TZAIVjM.png
    This is a challenge. Here is what I came up with. Without using any CC it is more challenging to match it up. I think they look good though! ;)

bTJw17W.png
    RxmM17L.png

Extra:
    j8HjCjO.jpg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    RxmM17L.png
    This one is extremely well done. In my opinion, I found the blue swatch the hardest one to match to anything.