Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    Oh my guys!
    I am starting to get more and more Excited for this pack!
    It has many possibilities and it's nice how it seems to interact with other packs.
    And a new trait + Lifegoals? NICE.

What do you mean life goals? I didn't hear anything about that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @comicsforlife I think they mean the aspiration.

Oh thanks I thought they might have added lifetime goals like lifetime wishes in Sims 2 and 3
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I am so glad that those who have bought all the packs are getting such tie-ups as the cats playing with the balls of wool and hope it has a tie-up with Eco lifestyle too, such as putting your failures in the recycle bin! I hope some or many of the objects in it are useful off-the grid too.

• Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    This is going to be a fun pack. I'm ready to buy.

bears.gif
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I am really excited about this pack! For some reason I love having my sims make stuff (maybe because irl I like making stuff :lol: ), so I was on board from the start. Even if it had just been the new knitting skill and some new CAS and build/buy stuff, I was already interested. But each one of these update posts has gotten me more and more excited. It looks like a lot of thought and work has gone into making this pack inclusive for different age sims, and for tying in to other packs. I really love that.

It's probably tricky to do these posts because in the process of game making, unexpected problems can arise or concepts can change as you work on them, so the final product can end up a bit different from an earlier stage or the original plan, but I still think that doing these "behind the scenes" posts is extremely important. It helps us understand why choices are being made, what challenges have to be overcome to get to the end product, and why it takes so long to do. It also generates excitement, understanding of what the pack will include, and helps shape realistic expectations. Better than traditional advertising, I think, because it treats the customers like they are intelligent people.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I think my favorite thing about this new pack is the fact that we're getting updates and interesting tidbits. I love trivia like this.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I love literally everything about this post.

I'll admit it, I had some concerns, but you guys really listened to the community. I was basically reading through the post like, "Check, check, double-check!"

Nicely done!
  • MMasters949MMasters949 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm really going to enjoy adding this pack to my game...maybe it will inspire me to finish my current knitting UFO? ( unfinished object)- sweater
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    > @SimGuruSarah said:
    > Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

Thank you so much for the clarification on this. I'm not even concerned about this not being a super big update regarding babies as of yet. Even just changing them into cute and snuggly new clothes is a big improvement to me and makes them feel more lively.

> @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @MeowchaFrappe I hope that it is both. I just tried the fish mentor feature in game this week and it was cool watching the sims catch fish and increase their fishing skills. However, I love my sims being autonomous and doing stuff I didn't know they could do or want to do, like toddlers finding the highest shelf in the house and putting dishes on them. I was like, how is that possible, and oh cool I can put stuff up there.

As long as there's an option to turn off the autonomous stuff, I would totally be okay with it being implemented this way. I on the other hand feel there's far too much autonomy with some things, and I even play with the "no autonomy" setting. Surely I'll have some Sims who knit, but not others. And I just don't want random Sims teaching MY Sims to knit when I have no interest in letting them learn.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    @SimGuruConor Thank you for the time and effort you’ve been putting into these deep dives, it’s been a blast from the start. I have absolutely no clue about knitting - I can barely tie my own shoelaces - but I’m totally ready for this kind of immersive gameplay. This pack looks very promising! And of course metal, air guitar and rocking chairs...Thumbs Up!
  • SimGuruConorSimGuruConor Posts: 16 SimGuru
    So excited! As a knitter and an avid Sims player this is like Christmas.

I'm gently asking you to reconsider your use of the word "pow-wow," which is an Indigenous gathering meant to honour their culture. Knitters use the term KAL, or knit-along, to describe knitting together - usually on the same pattern. I think even the use of KAL incorrectly would be better than appropriation of a cultural term.

Thank you for this great update! Can't wait to pick up needles in my digital world, too! 😍😍

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I’m so sorry if I caused offense, it certainly wasn’t intended. You are absolutely correct that “pow-wow” shouldn’t have been used in this manner. I would like to assure you that we have not ever had plans to use this term in-game. It was an error in judgement on my part when writing this post, and I have updated the wording on the post. I have taken this to heart and it is a good learning experience for me, so thank you for pointing it out and being kind about it. I’m glad you’re looking forward to playing with knitting in The Sims 4. I hope you have a lot of fun with the pack!
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I love how you're letting us "see behind the scenes" how the development process works! Being a part of this makes it all the more fun!
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Wow, colour me thrilled! Some one has really worked hard here, knowing that to undo your project is called frogging? I'm impressed!
    Also first knitting project is socks? I did think that was a touch ambitious for a knitter, then I remembered one of my first projects was socks because no one told me I shouldn't, and they turned out fine, so crack on!
    Baby clothes? Really really? You are not pulling our legs? Thats amazing.
    I'm properly excited about this, look at the cats! Tho I have had more dogs run off with my yarn than cats..
    Seriously, good job.
  • lindalanelindalane Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks for the update, the pack is looking really good. I'm wondering if it will be possible to sell the finished knitting projects in the vendor/yard sale table? Because selling them only online feels kind of impersonal and not really gameplay. It would be more interesting for me to go out into the marketplace and work hard at trying to sell our wares, like we can with the flowers and candles crafted by our sims, even if it's just a square package with a picture of a sock on it. Just my two cents.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    > @lindalane said:
    > Thanks for the update, the pack is looking really good. I'm wondering if it will be possible to sell the finished knitting projects in the vendor/yard sale table? Because selling them only online feels kind of impersonal and not really gameplay. It would be more interesting for me to go out into the marketplace and work hard at trying to sell our wares, like we can with the flowers and candles crafted by our sims, even if it's just a square package with a picture of a sock on it. Just my two cents.

Interesting question. I assume some knitted objects/ toys may be sellable through the vendor table, at least. Not sure about socks and other CAS items...It would definitely be a nice addition. :)
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    As long as there's an option to turn off the autonomous stuff, I would totally be okay with it being implemented this way. I on the other hand feel there's far too much autonomy with some things, and I even play with the "no autonomy" setting. Surely I'll have some Sims who knit, but not others. And I just don't want random Sims teaching MY Sims to knit when I have no interest in letting them learn.

@MeowchaFrappe
    If you don't purchase a knitting basket for that household then you prolly won't have to worry about sims being taught to knit.
    We have different stances on autonomy, because I wish they would be more autonomous so I wouldn't have to cue up so many actions, that would make it easier to manage a large household of sims. 🙃 Everyone have different game styles.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Every time I think this pack is going to suck I see one of these updates and I really like what I am seeing. I really hope everything works properly.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited June 2020
    It looks more promising, though I know many didn't ask for this type of pack and definitely not feeling that ridiculous looking knitted cap that the female sim is wearing where it says below it, "just own it". On a positive note, it may finally give senior sims more to do, though I rarely play them because they made them "too aged" in their appearance. It's like they need to add another category for very old seniors to get the appearance more realistic. Btw, the middle-age adult sims also need to be more refined to look slightly younger too.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2020
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    Oh my guys!
    I am starting to get more and more Excited for this pack!
    It has many possibilities and it's nice how it seems to interact with other packs.
    And a new trait + Lifegoals? NICE.

What do you mean life goals? I didn't hear anything about that

Sorry I couldn't find the word, I Indeed meant aspiration..!!
    Sorry for the confusion.

In Dutch they're using another word for it, which led to this :')

• MichaelaSteeleMichaelaSteele Posts: 3 New Member
    I love how in-depth and thought out this pack is so far!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I specifically asked for cats to play with yarn, for knitting to be something that generations can teach and for alternatives to the objects that won. I'm glad to see a second knitting basket.

I still wish that more BB objects suited my tastes. If they throw in any other objects, I would probably be more interested. I like the features that were added and I guess I'll need to see the whole thing to fully decide.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    > @troshalom said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @MeowchaFrappe
    > If you don't purchase a knitting basket for that household then you prolly won't have to worry about sims being taught to knit.
    > We have different stances on autonomy, because I wish they would be more autonomous so I wouldn't have to cue up so many actions, that would make it easier to manage a large household of sims. 🙃 Everyone have different game styles.

That is all very true. And well if that's the case, then I'm okay with there being some autonomy added. I was just afraid of my Sims being taught like at the park by some random NPC or townie. Like that's what I mean when I don't want it to be autonomous, I'm not so concerned about it between family members, like grandma teaching the kids to knit for instance. That's fine, I just don't want grandma to whip her knitting needles out in the park when my Sims are there trying to relax and teach them. I can defintely understand why some people would want more autonomy even though it's not my style.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

That's still an update!! A minor one for sure, but definitely a welcome one, as this means we'll finally get to dress up our babies at least somehow. We'll finally be able to differentiate between our babies, previously they all just looked the same.

I used to download mods for this back in my sims 3 days.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top