Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Possibilities

EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
I was thinking about how The Sims 5 can combine both social interactions and the online world together. Since EA isn't going to do an MMO like The Sims Online, they could make the game like IMVU, 3D with profiles, rooms, and other stuff. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No please :(
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hard pass. The only online feature I want in TS5 is the gallery.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    The reason I made the suggestions is because of this article: https://gamesradar.com/the-sims-5-multiplayer/
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This suggestion isn't even the sims anymore, or a game IMO, so no thanks. If I want to chat online to friends, I've got FB, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, whatsapp... I could probably go on. I'd like to see sims stay sims and stay a GAME, not a chat function.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no multiplayer features on the sims5 and for players that went to keep sims5 offline feel free to sign the petition i started on change.org link in my signature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I wouldn't want other players running amok in my game making it very unpleasant for me to play in. I wouldn't want other players to hit on my Simself and trying to start a family with my sim if EA was to ever make that possible which I doubt very much. And if EA was to do something like this, then more then likely they would change the rating from T for teen to M for Mature knowing that they wouldn't want to expose younger players to older players that might and would try to take advantage of the younger players by pretending to be their age. And I know that if I had kids of my own that I wouldn't want them to play such a game until they become young adults (+18 or older) as they would be at the age to know better than to engage in something that they really shouldn't be taken part in.

I have never played on console where it's allowed to have another player in the game, so I don't know what really happens between 2 Sims that want to have a relationship of some kind and to get married and have kids. But I would think that would be impossible in my opinion due to the fact that if the other player stops playing the game and the other player wants to be in another relationship with another players' sim but can't because they first need to break up or get a divorce from the sim before moving forward. And if players could have such relationships with each other, then it's not my cup of tea as I like playing by myself. If I want other players Sims in my game, then I would go to the Sims 3 exchange or to the Sims 4 Gallery and download other players Sims into my game and then take pictures of my game play so that I can share them to this site so that those players that I have their Sims in my game can see what their Sims have been up to.

I also remember that when TS4 was first announced back in the beginning of 2013, that SimGuruHydra had did a Q&A thread over on the old The Sims 3 site where she had posted the most asked questions about the game.
    Well one of the questions was:
    "Q: Will there be an online component for The Sims 4?
    "A: There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It't up to the player to choose how they want to play."
    https://simsvip.com/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-official-qa-by-simguruhydra/
    Well after this was posted, people started bashing the idea of having an online social element claiming that they wouldn't be buying the game if EA allows other players into their game as they wanted to be able to play alone. So after awhile, they changed their minds about adding the online social element to having the gallery added instead for others to download other players Sims into their game. So SimGuruHydra had went and updated her original post on the old site to add info about the gallery for the game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/675024/the-sims-4-faq-updated#latest

The Sims 3 had introduced Simporting to their game when they added the Showtime EP that allowed you to host a sim from another players game but it was only for their performance and that was it. But the thing was that in order to unlock the extra outfits that was in the game, you have to earn certain achievements in the game by hosting Sims players. But luckily enough for the players that wasn't interested in using simport, we can download a mod from MTS that unlocks all of the extra outfits so that our Sims can use them as well. Then if you want to host another Sim in your game, your Sim has to be a level 2 performer for the other sim to come over into your game to perform which doesn't always work. I've tried hosting a sim once and I never got to see them once I had accepted their offer, so I don't even use it anymore. And then once you accept that players' sim into your game, then the other player can't close out their game while their sim is over in your game as they have to wait 12 hours. Plus when it was first introduced, players were ending up with custom content that they didn't have in their game in the first place which was another downside of simporting.

I play World of Warcraft almost everyday and so I see people in chat being rude and crude to other players when they ask for help or any type of advice from other players. I have also seen a lot of cussing going on, and yes I can check the foul language filter to "On" to keep out such smut from the game. Or I could just report the player for using foul language so that their conversation disappears from my chat and to let the GM's deal with the player by giving them a warning and/or temporary ban for a day or 2. I have also had players whispering me to have an adult chat with me. And I don't mean a nice chat between 2 players such as "So how are you today?", "What's the weather like where you live?" kind of stuff but more on the adult adult side of things. And yes, you can block such players like that from bothering you but that player could still go and create another character and seek you out to have that "Friendly" chat that they were trying to have earlier on their other player.

Then you have issues with weekly/monthly maintenance taking place on their scheduled days. Sometimes they can just be an 1-2 hours or they can be an all day thing depending on if it's patch day. So when you have players that have that day off and they want play their game, well they can't. I have seen players from WoW take to Facebook and post their complaints on the World of Warcraft page telling Blizzard that they pay $15 a month to play and now they can't because of all day maintenance and that they demand to have their money back or that they should get a month of WoW for free. Then there's occasions when the game has DDOS attacks either due to something that happened on Blizzard's end or to hackers that find it quite funny to disrupt other players fun just because they know that they can hack into just about any company that they want without being found out. But some of those hackers have been found out and arrested for their hackings. So just imagine that happening to this game and the uproar it would cause when people want to play but can't because of someone was looking to make the game play very unpleasant for other players.

Of course my main concern with playing WoW is the fact that one of these days, Blizzard could easily announce the end of WoW which then would mean that they would be removing it from their servers leaving the players high and dry after all of these years and after pouring all of their sweat and tears and a boat load of cash into the game for items that they brought from the Blizzard store. So if EA was to do an online element or a online version of the game and it fails yet again just like The Sims Online/EA-Land did, then players that wanted an MMO element to the game would be left out in the cold wondering what happened and why it didn't succeed like they thought that it would.

So to conclude my 2 cents to this topic, I really think that it would be better if EA was to make a separate game away from the main game allowing online game play so that anyone that doesn't want this in their game can avoid buying it.

Here is a link to a thread that someone created back in February asking about allowing other players into our game and the responses that others have given on why they don't want this in their game.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972974/when-are-you-guys-going-to-let-players-join-each-others-game/p1
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Ithink the sims should remain single player but i wouldn't mind if it had an additional online town
    My origin id is sim2011
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    There are so many issues that come with the online feature. Some people abuse the system and they do not know how to share the space with others. Also you do not know who the people are and chatting to online Sims that come to you to talk is incredibly creepy. Plus it will bring a whole bunch of weird rules and issues that would have to be implemented to prevent people from abusing the system. I like to make my own neighborhood with my own made Sims who are just Sims in a game. The moment a Sim is interacting with my sim and chatting it loses the game aspects and becomes a weird online game. That is the main reason why I do not play the Sims mobile, because people could come up to you and talk and live with you, very creepy.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    I was thinking about how The Sims 5 can combine both social interactions and the online world together. Since EA isn't going to do an MMO like The Sims Online, they could make the game like IMVU, 3D with profiles, rooms, and other stuff. Just a suggestion.

I've never played IMVU so how does it work? I was never a fan of the art style...what big eyes you have grandma. I assumed it was an avatar game where you as the avatar on the screen did interactions with other players. And maybe too much intimate associations with strangers. However, I'm willing to listen to what type of game is that? How does it work? then I'm probably going to say no.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I've never played IMVU so how does it work? I was never a fan of the art style...what big eyes you have grandma. I assumed it was an avatar game where you as the avatar on the screen did interactions with other players. And maybe too much intimate associations with strangers. However, I'm willing to listen to what type of game is that? How does it work? then I'm probably going to say no.

Lol!

This. Exactly this.

I don't mind online features actually, but features, not game play.

These are what I would not mind having in the game, even if added to Sims 4.

1. Gallery (already have now)

2. A way to use the mailbox to have Sims write postcards to other players that they get the next Sim Day in the mail. Choose from already available greetings and collect them as collectables. MAYBE personalized messages but ONLY from approved friends that you agree to accepting from them, not just anyone sending you whatever. Able to send collectable item gifts, again via the mailbox only.

3.. Some sort of challenge room where you can "Start a Challenge" (Example 100 baby challenge) with friends. You don't see them in game, you just play on your own, but each time you complete something in the challenge (in this case have a baby age up young adult) in counts in a high score type thing. Compete against added friends. There will be a list of interactions/aspirations etc that you can add to create challenges with the rules you want and the game detects when they complete type thing. Could be turned on or off and have an option for No cheats/cheats or no mods/mods. The challenge mode would be turned on and off in each save seperately when you start a new game.

WHat I would NOT want to see is:
    1. Other people's Sims wandering around in my world.
    2. Other people able to edit my world
    3. Other people able to chat with me while I'm playing
    4. Annoying notifications saying"So and so is online" while I'm playing
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Lol!

This. Exactly this.

I don't mind online features actually, but features, not game play.

These are what I would not mind having in the game, even if added to Sims 4.

1. Gallery (already have now)

2. A way to use the mailbox to have Sims write postcards to other players that they get the next Sim Day in the mail. Choose from already available greetings and collect them as collectables. MAYBE personalized messages but ONLY from approved friends that you agree to accepting from them, not just anyone sending you whatever. Able to send collectable item gifts, again via the mailbox only.

3.. Some sort of challenge room where you can "Start a Challenge" (Example 100 baby challenge) with friends. You don't see them in game, you just play on your own, but each time you complete something in the challenge (in this case have a baby age up young adult) in counts in a high score type thing. Compete against added friends. There will be a list of interactions/aspirations etc that you can add to create challenges with the rules you want and the game detects when they complete type thing. Could be turned on or off and have an option for No cheats/cheats or no mods/mods. The challenge mode would be turned on and off in each save seperately when you start a new game.

WHat I would NOT want to see is:
    1. Other people's Sims wandering around in my world.
    2. Other people able to edit my world
    3. Other people able to chat with me while I'm playing
    4. Annoying notifications saying"So and so is online" while I'm playing

I would be fine with all of these ideas! I'd actually like them!

I also share the "what not want to see". I'm cool with keeping scores. I like the mailing gifts idea and I'm a sucker for collectibles so this would be something I'd actually be excited about and maybe then actually want to add friends. However, I don't want my "friends" in my game, wandering my world at all. At the same time, I've no interest in going to other people's worlds either. I can view their photos and stories on other social media when I want to look/watch/read that sort of thing. When I'm in the game playing, I'm in the game playing. Don't break my zone!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think highly of everyone here. Even when we disagree, however, if you remember Bilbo Baggin's speech at his birthday party then yeah, I don't want anyone else in my game. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think highly of everyone here. Even when we disagree, however, if you remember Bilbo Baggin's speech at his birthday party then yeah, I don't want anyone else in my game. :D

*looks around suspiously* You spying on me? I was actually watching Lord of the Rings in a diff tab while reading this haha. And have the book on my lap cuz I wasn't sure if I felt like watching/reading when I got up this morning... done both enough times to have them memorized haha.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    If S5 does become a multiplayer then I would like the option to play offline and who can come into my town house and do things that I can do now
    If multiplayer then you can restrict other players sims actions and control over your sims
  • SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Can see it, fighting contests with Sims you think are just NPC's but they are "friends" who secretly crept in.
    That bar in Evergreen has a lot of Sims who like to fight, was there one night and 3 different fights broke out.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    No Thanks, i don't want that. Maxis should just focus on making Sims feel like Sims again, not on creating a GTA with build options.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Right on!
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Please no.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    What is the gossip on this at the moment? Is it happening? Soon? When?

I don't like 4, its too babyish, I like 2 and 3 much better but I get frustrated with their performance issues with them getting way too slow and crashy once the game starts getting past a couple of generations, or households or house floors. I think a lot of people would like for 2 or 3 or both to just be redone with better code that doesn't start failing or blowing up after just a short while.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that you would find that the vast majority of players do not want an online Sims game :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Know am dreaming but TS5, if there is one, should = properly functional blend of best of TS1+2+3, with the few good features of TS4 worth saving.
  • xDKxShadowHawkxDKxShadowHawk Posts: 11 New Member
    I would love have co-op and multiplayer options and would love anyones opinion on the matter.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I would love have co-op and multiplayer options and would love anyones opinion on the matter.

My opinion: I don't want any of that.

• alliehuealliehue Posts: 16 Member
    I play other MMOs so if I don't want a PVP I don't. I thought it'd be interesting to put the Sims into a sandbox. But also have the option if you don't want to.