Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

14567810...Next

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I made this essay earlier this week, and intended to turn it into a video essay in preparation for EA Play Live. Since they confirmed no new Sims content will be announced then, I decided to scrap the idea. I just finished converting it into more of an academic essay with some receipts included in an Appendix, so if you want to see why I believe the Sims 5 is currently in development, here's a good 3,500 words of me explaining why.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P-JDZhVXSkZnp6BpWMh0lxUl8hCgRhVygrKM8V-dI-w/edit?usp=sharing

Wow I am impressed the time and effort you put this is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar, or anyone else who knows, can you direct me to this information confirming the Sims 5 has been in production for 3 years? 🤔

I've always moved on to the next iteration and it won't be any different for the 5th version but where is the certainty coming from?

Job openings to join an already existing team of the next Maxis AAA game were listed on Glassdoor (I read them myself) in 2017. I don't know if some site like SimsVip still have any links to those openings to join the existing team, but at one time they too had those notices listed.
    Glassdoor changes quickly, but I can tell you in truth I read them for myself back in 2017. They were looking for someone with experience in Live Service, and a Creative Director, and a few other positions. It was posted here three years ago (don't know where those threads have gone). But I like to read EA News and always have, so I stubbled across these jobs on Glassdoor. The ones posted recently were also posted here on this site somewhere, and in that thread I wondered and stated why were they offering the same positions again (three years later) on a different job site, when they had already requested for applicants back in 2017. ETA: the positions adverstised were specifically for a new IP, Maxis AAA game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Cinebar, or anyone else who knows, can you direct me to this information confirming the Sims 5 has been in production for 3 years? 🤔

I've always moved on to the next iteration and it won't be any different for the 5th version but where is the certainty coming from?

Job openings to join an already existing team of the next Maxis AAA game were listed on Glassdoor (I read them myself) in 2017. I don't know if some site like SimsVip still have any links to those openings to join the existing team, but at one time they too had those notices listed.
    Glassdoor changes quickly, but I can tell you in truth I read them for myself back in 2017. They were looking for someone with experience in Live Service, and a Creative Director, and a few other positions. It was posted here three years ago (don't know where those threads have gone). But I like to read EA News and always have, so I stubbled across these jobs on Glassdoor. The ones posted recently were also posted here on this site somewhere, and in that thread I wondered and stated why were they offering the same positions again (three years later) on a different job site, when they had already requested for applicants back in 2017. ETA: the positions adverstised were specifically for a new IP, Maxis AAA game.

I remember those threads! Those threads are the reason why I think TS5 would be releasing soon. I know it's belated, but thanks so much for posting about your observations!

• matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    Was anything announced as EA Play Live?
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Was anything announced as EA Play Live?

There won't be sadly, no sims related anything this year.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I made this essay earlier this week, and intended to turn it into a video essay in preparation for EA Play Live. Since they confirmed no new Sims content will be announced then, I decided to scrap the idea. I just finished converting it into more of an academic essay with some receipts included in an Appendix, so if you want to see why I believe the Sims 5 is currently in development, here's a good 3,500 words of me explaining why.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P-JDZhVXSkZnp6BpWMh0lxUl8hCgRhVygrKM8V-dI-w/edit?usp=sharing

That was a very interesting read, thanks for the work you put into it! :)

I think we're both pretty much on the same page with evidence and timelines, but where we differ is the amount of time it will take for production to last. I'm just going to point out where you said that Sims 4 started production before Sims 3 was released (if my memory is correct) which would put the game in production for five years? I know that they had to switch gears from online to single player, which might have cost some time, but Sims 4 also wasn't anywhere near completion upon release.

So the point I'm making is, if we are to assume that Sims 5 won't be a repeat mistake of TS4, it should be in production for a little longer than previous games, even if they don't switch gears halfway through. As tech gets more complicated, game creation gets a little more intricate and takes longer to produce. Look at how long it takes for Sims 4 content to be created. An EP alone takes at least a year, sometimes up to three, like Cats and Dogs did.

As far as the Playstation announcement, each generation of Playstation lasts several years. It's of course, logical to assume Sims 5 will be on PS5 and is not surprising if EA sent official notice for it. However, this does not mean that it will be available within the first year of PS5 release. Just that it will be available at some point on PS5.

Ultimately, either of us could be correct, depending on how you want to look at it, and depending on how long actual production will take to complete Sims 5. I believe they usually do the initial announcement about a year and a half before the planned release date, but that also doesn't mean they won't change that method. Only time will tell. But I have to say that I, for one, deeply hope I'm right in the production time because the last thing I want is another incomplete release of a base game and repeat of Sims 4 errors. The base game is extremely important, it carries the rest of the content through the years and dictates core gameplay. Let's all just hope that whenever it does release, that it does justice to all iterations and is something that all Sims players will enjoy.
    #Team Occult
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I think Sims 5 should be a spin-off for consoles (like previous Sims games), but using the same engine & timeline. I still have fond memories of playing my copy of Sims 3 for 360...except for that dumb fire meter.