Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bummer - was hoping to recycle the piles of diplomas

Some of my sims have their inventory filled with diploma duplicates. Game says the items can neither be sold nor deleted. I was hoping that they could be recycled, but no. They are not showing in my sim's inventory list.

Any good idea how to make use of them? Can they be sold in a retail shop? "Relics, 2nd hand and old diplomas, Inc."?

I guess I can move that sim to another lot, hang the diplomas on a wall, then move out and demolish the lot. But I hope there is an easier way.
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Some of my sims have their inventory filled with diploma duplicates. Game says the items can neither be sold nor deleted. I was hoping that they could be recycled, but no. They are not showing in my sim's inventory list.

Any good idea how to make use of them? Can they be sold in a retail shop? "Relics, 2nd hand and old diplomas, Inc."?

I guess I can move that sim to another lot, hang the diplomas on a wall, then move out and demolish the lot. But I hope there is an easier way.

Can you gift them?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Can you gift them?

"Here have my useless diploma." XD So sorry but I just chuckled.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member

Can you gift them?

That would be smart, because gifting gives influence points. I must try that!

Can you gift them?

"Here have my useless diploma." XD So sorry but I just chuckled.

Ha ha!
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Simmerville have you tried dragging them to a trash can or putting them through the recycler? I get that "cannot be sold or deleted" thing too with food in refrigerator but can drag them just fine to a trash can.
    Starfree wrote: »
    @Simmerville have you tried dragging them to a trash can or putting them through the recycler? I get that "cannot be sold or deleted" thing too with food in refrigerator but can drag them just fine to a trash can.

I tried recycling them on the machine, but they were not listed from inventories.

I also built a wall in the apartment, then returned to world view and entered the apartment buy "Build". Then used sledgehammer to delete the wall, but even if the household was not active, the diplomas were again sent to the household inventory...

They probably do nothing bad hanging in there, it's just making the one diploma on her office wall feel a bit less exclusive as there exist 30 more in that storage... ;)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    edited June 2020
    Have you tried burning them? Or use them as fertilizer? If all else fails, you could decorate her bathroom with them, make it a feature and pretend they're photocopies. Or put them up in a room and enforce the Sharing is Caring NAP.
    LOL at the Sharing is Caring Nap :)

Main problem in my game is that this is the situation for many households. Diplomas piled up in their household inventory. It is a Uni glitch when a student moves back home *before* receiving the diploma and portrait a some hours after the graduation event. The number of diplomas is insane though, I wonder if they get one extra added every time a new student graduates... they are all with the same text though, the household member's name and all... I assume the glitch must have been fixed by now.

Will test various ideas, thanks!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Have you tried going into world manage and building a wall on a empty lot. Then having your sim place the diplomas on the wall, sending the sim home, and checking their inventory to make sure they stayed on the wall. After your sim gets home going back into world manage and bulldozing the lot? I know it's a lot of load screens but it may get rid of unwanted inventory.
    Have you tried going into world manage and building a wall on a empty lot. Then having your sim place the diplomas on the wall, sending the sim home, and checking their inventory to make sure they stayed on the wall. After your sim gets home going back into world manage and bulldozing the lot? I know it's a lot of load screens but it may get rid of unwanted inventory.

Thanx! I can't access household inventory while on other lot, and I don't think they can be moved to personal inventory. Will try though :)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Put them on the wall and go to cheat mode and shift click them and select destroy and they should disappear.
    TeeSea wrote: »
    Put them on the wall and go to cheat mode and shift click them and select destroy and they should disappear.

Good idea, but I only get "Reset object" and "Set as head". No destroy option... Cheat mode was confirmed, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Yay - was able to gift the diploma to NPCs! They were sooo grateful to receive such a nice gift,. and I assume my sim even got influence points from gifting.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have an idea, go out to Willow Creek on a stormy day where it is lighting, and lay those things out on the ground. Yesterday when I was playing in Willowcreek, my sim's yard got struck by lightening a lot. I ended up having to replace two, of the three, of my water catchers, a windmill, and Patchy's post was turned into ash. Patchy is now postless. lol By the time the day had ended and the lightning had stopped I had many many dark spots where the ground was struck.

I'm not sure if there is a connection between the ECO items I had in the yard or not, but WOW never in my life had I seen so much lightning strikes in my sim's yard in a single storm.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yay - was able to gift the diploma to NPCs! They were sooo grateful to receive such a nice gift,. and I assume my sim even got influence points from gifting.

I’m sorry I use MCCC and I have cheats settings that bring it up for me. I thought it was always available but apparently not.