Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims scooting over in bed?

2...Next

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Did anyone try it yet? I should note that, while it's always worked for me, I have NOT tried it since the last patch or the one before. Since Covid started I've been off work (where I usually play Sims) so I haven't had much playtime yet, maybe only 30min total since mid-March, so havne't done it since then.

I've tried and tried what you suggested above, it hasn't worked at all for me D:
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    @CelSims I have one sim get into bed, then once they're in bed, I cancel their current sleep and tell them to do it again. Then they scoot to the other side for me. Hope this helps :)

@CelSims I have one sim get into bed, then once they're in bed, I cancel their current sleep and tell them to do it again. Then they scoot to the other side for me. Hope this helps :)

I've tried both the earlier suggestion of tell them to nap then click sleep on the other side, and what you suggested here also. Nothing is working for me at all D: My sims just refuse to scoot! I've tried so much in the last day D:
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2020
    Ennael wrote: »
    I just witnessed my Sim autonomously go to bed and scoot over to his side when there was no need to, both sides are open. He went to his wife's side and scooted to his side and got in. I have never seen that before, it must be new.
    Well shoot, I guess his side actually was blocked. There's a bassinet there that never blocked his way before but now it does, so now he always goes to the other side and scoots over.

As for my Sims who have a double bed against a wall and assigned to the wall side, I never see them scoot over anymore, and haven't been able to make them do it, when they used to do it every time since being able to assign sides. Whenever I click their assigned side of the bed (the wall side) and tell them to sleep, they just keep sleeping in the wrong side now. I haven't watched to see if they still do it autonomously though.
    After testing, I can confirm that with beds against a wall and the wall side is assigned, clicking that side and telling them to sleep makes them sleep on the open side anyway. But when they go autonomously, or when you click the Zz's in the needs panel, they go to the open side and scoot over like they should.

So the only thing broken here is clicking the side of the bed that is against a wall to make them sleep on that side doesn't make them scoot anymore like it used to. If both sides are open, they will go to whichever side you click on, like before. And they will always autonomously sleep in their assigned side even if it's against a wall or blocked with an object, by scooting over from the open side.
    Edit- Oh my god, this is so dumb. I couldn't get the scoot to work by clicking the bed on the assigned side against the wall, but now it is working. It doesn't work when I click too far to the edge of the bed, but if I click the middle of the one side or further in it works.. It's not broken at all, it just depends where on the bed you click 😑.
    Post edited by Ennael on
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
    I just witnessed my Sim autonomously go to bed and scoot over to his side when there was no need to, both sides are open. He went to his wife's side and scooted to his side and got in. I have never seen that before, it must be new.
    Well shoot, I guess his side actually was blocked. There's a bassinet there that never blocked his way before but now it does, so now he always goes to the other side and scoots over.

As for my Sims who have a double bed against a wall and assigned to the wall side, I never see them scoot over anymore, and haven't been able to make them do it, when they used to do it every time since being able to assign sides. Whenever I click their assigned side of the bed (the wall side) and tell them to sleep, they just keep sleeping in the wrong side now. I haven't watched to see if they still do it autonomously though.
    After testing, I can confirm that with beds against a wall and the wall side is assigned, clicking that side and telling them to sleep makes them sleep on the open side anyway. But when they go autonomously, or when you click the Zz's in the needs panel, they go to the open side and scoot over like they should.

So the only thing broken here is scooting over when the bed is against a wall and the wall side is clicked to tell them to sleep. If both sides are open, they will go to whichever side you click on, like before. And they will always autonomously sleep in their assigned side even if it's against a wall or blocked with an object, by scooting over from the open side.

I followed this advice and it worked. Sort of. Autonomously she did indeed scoot over and use her side by the wall. However, when tanked her energy then clicked energy for her to autosolve, she tried-
    The sofa, the other sofa, the hot tub, the floaty in the pool, the lounger. Basically anything except the bed. Clicking the Zzz only worked when she had absolutely no other choice because I locked her in the bedroom.
    First time I've ever seen a sim scoot though! I guess if I want to use it I'll need to let them go autonomously.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2020
    I got it to work manually finally! I had my Sim already sleeping in one side, then queuing another sleep action from a click on the other side, then cancelling the sleep he was doing. He got out of the covers and scooted to the other side and got back in. I made him do it back and forth a few times. The key is to cancel the first sleep action after queuing another and after the Sim is asleep. So it's click bed>sleep/nap>wait until they're in the bed and asleep>click other side>sleep>cancel first sleep action. Sometimes it doesn't work and the second sleep action will just replace the first without them waking up in between, but just keep queuing another and cancelling the one in progress, it eventually works.

Edit- I figured out how to do it the normal way! Click the sweet spot. Too far towards the pillows, it won't work.. Too far towards the edge, it won't work.. Too far down, it won't work.. But so far, clicking that area around the center has worked every time.
    y4mXLdlqGJhEwdojh-AIoSDKPZQTbUPHXx8kA57hv-BL8uiHW-I8QTlwDSqHHq6snmzBuaLo7d_wnP1WdYz4btTLkTgDPCam0ijnYfDbHMdn8H8WyI0zWrh1m-EHvYX2UU1Z8JurPJw1s6ts-NwO7En3ia29FP-1RHw1Kg_CkORWnoYVO9W3kaioibBoRoKXHm8-Vb9NGgE87PzNl7Yukiyvw?width=1176&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Post edited by Ennael on
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • QueenNova612QueenNova612 Posts: 1 New Member
    I also have this issue. I think one of the sim gurus recognized and tried to explain it. As far as I know they are looking into it. However, One thing that I have noticed is that every now and then my single sims will scoot over. But not by command. And so when I noticed her doing that I had two sims that are married try. I told one to nap and then sleep on the (wall) side. She scooter over and her husband slept on the (not wall) side. But I haven’t tried this consistently or enough times to say for sure.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    I never put a bed in a wall. There are so many glitches produced by doing that. Also my sims always try to go to bed using the side against the wall. I cant count the times they have done so, clipping through the wall and well. Conclusion, i never put a bed against a wall, ever.
    Post edited by Tantalus on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I do think sims will automatically sleep on the open side, even if the wall side is assigned to them. Like others have said, you basically have to have both sims ready to go to bed at the same time, and after the first one lies down, they often get kicked out and have to reset and then when they both get into bed, then one will scoot. And if you have them go to bed separately, I think it will always wake up the other sim when they get in, but they will both be able to use the bed once they get back in