Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

Comments

• Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Woot so excited for this =D
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SimGuruConor These posts are awesome. Keep it up, it is really helpful to understand the entire process behind the scenes. I can tell you that I went from nah Imma pass on this pack to, hey wait I MUST have this pack.

So thanks for all that you and your team did.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    This pack is gonna be amazing!! Thank you so much for creating this pack, cannot wait to play it.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2020
    OMG. Kitties can play with the yarn/yarn baskets? I'm sooooo happy about that. Like that was literally one of the things I wanted most out of this pack.

And we can knit onesies for babies? Hm... could that... possibly imply that babies are getting an update??? Even just a small one?

I have just one minor concern... is the "Teach the Knit" interaction going to be decided autonomously? Or is it player directed??? I'm really hoping it's the latter... otherwise, I'm gonna need a mod.

@MeowchaFrappe I hope that it is both. I just tried the fish mentor feature in game this week and it was cool watching the sims catch fish and increase their fishing skills. However, I love my sims being autonomous and doing stuff I didn't know they could do or want to do, like toddlers finding the highest shelf in the house and putting dishes on them. I was like, how is that possible, and oh cool I can put stuff up there.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2020
    this is so cool
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Well, I'm definitely getting this pack. They sold me on baby onesies and kids being able to knit.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    I'm overwhelmed! Thanks for all your hard work.

These are such good news after the recent EP desaster.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • WatermelonBombWatermelonBomb Posts: 21 Member
    This sounds like it'll be fun, interested to see how it turns out :)
    I'm a Veteran player but starting to finally use mods and cheats outside of very basic 3 cheats, be gentle with me.

IMO nothing beats Sims 1 Making Magic
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    If only this cute little details was present in Expansion Packs. This pack looks awesome@
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Love that the cats can play with the yarn! And kids can knit - yippee! Also like that there can be weird fails. This pack really is looking so good!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Children being able to knit or not was going to be the make or break for the pack for me. So I'm glad it is fianlly confirmed. But I still need to see if they can knit as much as the older sims. If so, I may very well buy this pack at full price.

The onsies for babies are good to see as well. I didn't want them to be neglected as they always are, so I'm glad that we can knit something for them. I wish it was more than just one outfit though.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I mean, we still coulda had Happy Haunts but this doesn't look awful like Laundry Day did, at least.
  • Busty_RufflesBusty_Ruffles Posts: 1 New Member
    So excited! As a knitter and an avid Sims player this is like Christmas.

I'm gently asking you to reconsider your use of the word "pow-wow," which is an Indigenous gathering meant to honour their culture. Knitters use the term KAL, or knit-along, to describe knitting together - usually on the same pattern. I think even the use of KAL incorrectly would be better than appropriation of a cultural term.

Thank you for this great update! Can't wait to pick up needles in my digital world, too! 😍😍
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    I can't wait!
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    The attention shown to all those "little" details isn't such a little feat! The pack looks amazing! A truly packed pack!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    If only this cute little details was present in Expansion Packs. This pack looks awesome@
    I know right, I keep think who's in charge of these expansions because they truly don't know how to make a immersive game. Now SimGuruConer is blowing this stuff pack out of the water with all these details integrating all the life stages with true story telling possibilities we don't have to pretend is there because the content was smartly chosen and is there.

These are just some of the things I remember and its truly a pack for all Sims and not a mini game for adults excluding everything else. First pack in awhile the feels like the Sims to me I need a thumbs up emoji for @SimGuruConer

- Cats can play with yarn
    - You can teach other Sims to knit
    - Outfits for babies first time in almost 6 years
    - Toddlers can play on rocking chair
    - Children can knit
    - Elders can reminisce
    - Knitting is new club activity
    - New electives at University
    - Plopsy so you can sell what you knit online
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.

Too bad. This was the first time ever I got my hopes up for improved babies. Thank you for clarifying the situation. I am still very happy we can have babies wear a different outfit with this pack.

@SimGuruConor thank you so much for all these deep dives. They really help to understand the process of making a pack and the design choices that come with it. I wish this would be done for all packs, not just the community voted ones.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I know right, I keep think who's in charge of these expansions because they truly don't know how to make a immersive game. Now SimGuruConer is blowing this stuff pack out of the water with all these details integrating all the life stages with true story telling possibilities we don't have to pretend is there because the content was smartly chosen and is there.

These are just some of the things I remember and its truly a pack for all Sims and not a mini game for adults excluding everything else. First pack in awhile the feels like the Sims to me I need a thumbs up emoji for @SimGuruConer

- Cats can play with yarn
    - You can teach other Sims to knit
    - Outfits for babies first time in almost 6 years
    - Toddlers can play on rocking chair
    - Children can knit
    - Elders can reminisce
    - Knitting is new club activity
    - New electives at University
    - Plopsy so you can sell what you knit online

Plus 2 new radio stations
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Children being able to knit or not was going to be the make or break for the pack for me. So I'm glad it is fianlly confirmed. But I still need to see if they can knit as much as the older sims. If so, I may very well buy this pack at full price.

The onsies for babies are good to see as well. I didn't want them to be neglected as they always are, so I'm glad that we can knit something for them. I wish it was more than just one outfit though.

There's more than one baby onesie, can't remember the number, but definitely more than one.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I want this pack yesterday! Yarn doesn't cost much (am assuming it's all acrylic then :p<3 )! Cats play with yarn baskets (so true)! Socks being a starter item makes me laugh a bit, but it's not an issue in the slightest. Excited!

When is it out - approx. guesses - anyone?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

There's more than one baby onesie, can't remember the number, but definitely more than one.

there is 12
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Ceridwen wrote: »
    I want this pack yesterday! Yarn doesn't cost much (am assuming it's all acrylic then :p<3 )! Cats play with yarn baskets (so true)! Socks being a starter item makes me laugh a bit, but it's not an issue in the slightest. Excited!

When is it out - approx. guesses - anyone?

they said late summer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Awesome how they put extra effort in the these community stuff packs. It's reassuring to know that no matter the theme people choose, it will come out worthwhile in the end.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • KataleaKatalea Posts: 14 New Member
    You really make a great stuff pack! I already love it and will undoubtedly buy it.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Oh my guys!
    I am starting to get more and more Excited for this pack!
    It has many possibilities and it's nice how it seems to interact with other packs.
    And a new trait + Lifegoals? NICE.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top