Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Knitting!

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    I want it now! Nah I want it yesterday! Amazing Pack! Cannot wait! <3<3<3<3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    OMG. Kitties can play with the yarn/yarn baskets? I'm sooooo happy about that. Like that was literally one of the things I wanted most out of this pack.

And we can knit onesies for babies? Hm... could that... possibly imply that babies are getting an update??? Even just a small one?

I have just one minor concern... is the "Teach the Knit" interaction going to be decided autonomously? Or is it player directed??? I'm really hoping it's the latter... otherwise, I'm gonna need a mod.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is really cute stuff. Love the teaching moments and it all looks great so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Looks good.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • divsimsdivsims Posts: 8 New Member
    im proud of you, sims, you got baby clothes!! with this people can make cc so we have even MORE options!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2020
    Shut up and take my money. 💲💲💲 :#

But cats being able to interact with the yarn and such put a smile on my face. I'm really happy to see the suggestions and feedback given applied to this pack. Makes me real happy to see that simmers had even more of a impact on the pack besides just voting on stuff. This is looking better than I thought it would be.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    We can knit baby clothes and dress our babies in them! 👶🏻👶🏼👶🏽👶🏾👶🏿

This is the best news, so above my expectations. Babie onesies! I wonder if this means we get some kind of baby update. And then on top of that a new aspiration with reward trait, cross pack gameplay like clubs, university electives,...

I am also really happy the knitting basket is really portable and usable from inventory.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Okay, I'm wicked excited!

Knitting wasn't really my thing but this pack sure is! You guys are really doing amazing things with it, something for everyone. I'm looking forward to the kitty yarn play, the metal station, rocking chairs, knitting mishaps, and...did someone mention before something about Grimmy? I'm "dying" to know more! :p

Thank you @SimGuruConor , SimGuruBeth, and everyone who worked on this. I can't wait! ❤️
    #Team Occult
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    *sobs of joy* BABY ONESIES!!!

Also kitties playing with yarn! Children knitting! Adults teaching kids to knit! I LOVE THIS!
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I love the kitties playing with yarn.
    I just wish they'll fix the pets disappearing bug before this pack comes out. :(
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Baby onesies, children can knit, and teens (and maybe children) can improve emotional control -- not to mention rocking chairs, etc. I'm looking forward to this.
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Thank you - 100% can't wait to buy this!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We can knit clothing for babies obviously this is going to have to require some form of update for them hopefully they're given the toddler treatment. This stuff pack has now added all the game play I was looking for rocking chairs my elders being able to teach kids to knit clothing for all life stages the Guru's finally got it bassinets babies are a life stage its about time. Now this is the attention and small details every pack should have from cats to clubs and even University a well rounded pack that truly expands the game glad I voted for it even if I currently gave up on the game until I see some action on those last surveys happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Thanks lord voldermort knitting is not done using some giant machines ! Look cute :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Love it to bits! I get so many ideas for my soon to be knitting sims!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MarisSimsMarisSims Posts: 17 Member
    I don't remember what I voted for, but I am super excited for this pack! Hopefully my sims will be better at finishing knitting projects than I am IRL
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited June 2020
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    BABY CLOTHES!!!

I’m pretty sure this is the first time in Sims history that you can dress babies without the use of mods or CC.

You are right. I was going to say TS2 had baby clothes but then I remembered I used cc for them

I have wanted extra clothing so much for our babies, I'm a very happy bunny 🐰

I had to laugh at the 'start with socks' bit though. I found socks pretty difficult and would say sweaters are easier than socks!
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I am so sold on this pack it’s not even funny.

All the big and little details and additions are amazing. And the fact that you included ‘frog’ shows me that you really paid attention to the terms that actual knitters use, so I find that encouraging with how else everything will look and feel.

Thank you to everyone on this pack for putting so much detail and effort into it <3
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    Baby onesies! And an aspiration. :smiley: I'm really looking forward to this pack. And the teaching to knit animation looks lovely. I love that kids will be able to knit. :heart:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    BABY CLOTHES!!!

I’m pretty sure this is the first time in Sims history that you can dress babies without the use of mods or CC.

You are right. I was going to say TS2 had baby clothes but then I remembered I used cc for them

I have wanted extra clothing so much for our babies, I'm a very happy bunny 🐰

I had to laugh at the 'start with socks' bit though. I found socks pretty difficult and would say sweaters are easier than socks!

Absolutely HAVE to agree on the bolded part :D Took me a LONG time before I dared venture into the sock knitting territory. My first pair didn't turn out too bad, although they did get a "bit" too big for my small feet hahah

I can't wait for this pack! Its getting more and more awesome the more info we get :) My yarn loving heart is overjoyed! Actually hoping we'll get crochet eventually too.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Baby onesies, children can knit, and teens (and maybe children) can improve emotional control -- not to mention rocking chairs, etc. I'm looking forward to this.
    I really hope they continue giving stuff to the younger life states in future packs. They've been so neglected.
    Hey guys, I just want to set expectations here - there are no updates for babies in BG coming with the SP Patch. The only new addition is being able to knit onesies and change the babies into them if you have the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack. We have more than a dozen baby onesies and they are super cute! Hopefully we can share some screenshots of them in game soon.
    That's disappointing. But thanks for the honesty and letting us know ahead of time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Aww the kitties playing with yarn !!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Cats playing with yarn = cross pack functionality and I'm all here for that. Also cats playing with yarn balls is just super cute! Yay cats! 🐾
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Super excitedly for baby clothes! I wonder if we will get more baby outfits eventually in other packs. Also super excited kids and knit and adults can teach them. There is soooo much game play in this for only a stuff pack! Very excited! Great job everyone who worked on it. I hope we see more packs like this in the future
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top