Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    love7680 wrote: »

Yeah I had to find this out the extremely hard way!

Did you have trash everywhere along with flies and roaches? XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    Did you know your sims can sometimes swipe their own stuff, giving you recycling parts, which means the expensive computer you worked on ages to buy can be gone in the blink of an eye in exchanged for 40-50 recycling parts? =_=
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sometimes people will come to your door to give you things. In one save, where my Sim made friends with Tina Tinker, Tina showed up twice with an eco-part and an electronic part. And in another save, someone came to the door with starter flowers for my Sim.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2020
    This tip is not exactly related to Eco Lifestyle, but the patch that accompanied it. I had an off the grid household, and one sim living in it reached cooking level 7 (this took longer than normal; I am not sure why -- maybe with fewer options she was cooking less?). Then she was able to cook, using her off-the-grid gas stove (and, I think, could also employ the grill), a "Boiling Frog Hot Pot." When she ate a plate of this dish, it gave her a 3 hour buff which said that it would allow her to fish and find frogs more readily. After eating a serving of the frog pot, she went looking for frogs and found 2 inside a hollow log, instead of the usual one (and they were, respectively, rare and uncommon). Then, although she was only at a low level of fishing (only level 1), she fished for the rest of the time, caught a lot of fish, and her skill meter went up more quickly than normal. I thought this buff and its special effects was a really nice feature of the off-the-grid enhancements in the last patch. I have also had my sim make the poke bowl with the fish she caught, and later, eat popcorn crickets and a cricket meal, but I didn't notice a special buff from those dishes. I haven't tried the bombardier beetle stir fry yet so I don't know if it has a special buff.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    This tip is not exactly related to Eco Lifestyle, but the patch that accompanied it. I had an off the grid household, and one sim living in it reached cooking level 7 (this took longer than normal; I am not sure why -- maybe with fewer options she was cooking less?). Then she was able to cook, using her off-the-grid gas stove (and, I think, could also employ the grill), a "Boiling Frog Hot Pot." When she ate a plate of this dish, it gave her a 3 hour buff which said that it would allow her to fish and find frogs more readily. After eating a serving of the frog pot, she went looking for frogs and found 2 inside a hollow log, instead of the usual one (and they were, respectively, rare and uncommon). Then, although she was only at a low level of fishing (only level 1), she fished for the rest of the time, caught a lot of fish, and her skill meter went up more quickly than normal. I thought this buff and its special effects was a really nice feature of the off-the-grid enhancements in the last patch. I have also had my sim make the poke bowl with the fish she caught, and later, eat popcorn crickets and a cricket meal, but I didn't notice a special buff from those dishes. I haven't tried the bombardier beetle stir fry yet so I don't know if it has a special buff.

Speaking of fishing, my sim learnt about fishing tips by reading the notebook notes from some random tablets he found laying on the ground, during Sharing is Caring NAP nonetheless. :joy: I see a lot of potential there for unintentional sharing of information. :lol:
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Did you know
    You can hire an Eco Inspector to come visit your lot under the service menu in the phone?
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Acid rain can disintegrate items that are sitting out in the open when it falls.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    During a thunderstorm the lightning can now leave items on your roof (not sure if only on flat roofs) and you can retrieve them if you put up a ladder to climb up.
    Acid rain can disintegrate items that are sitting out in the open when it falls.
    That's unfortunate. Is it ANY items? Furniture?
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited June 2020
    There's some unlocks for clothing in the new careers one being these nifty pair of flower like earrings. Probably my favorite in the game now. It even has a matching necklace.
    rmIwb1E.png?1
    Uh76SGK.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited June 2020
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    That's unfortunate. Is it ANY items? Furniture?

I'm not sure how many items it affects overall, but my sim was collecting a yard full of furniture which he plans to sell when he can afford a store and the acid rain zapped a couch as I was watching. I put the rest of the stuff into the household inventory..

I didn't quite realize what was going on at first, but he's been sleeping in a bed out in the open and his hygiene took a nose dive when it started even though he was sleeping. After that I bought him the new pergola, although there are a lot of gaps in the top. (And then the repo man took the pergola, so I had to buy another. It was a whole thing, hehe.)

@rudolpha , that' actually been in the game for a while (since Seasons, I think) - except the ladder, of course.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

This is one of those features I find really nifty but would be annoyed if it happened in my game :D
    giphy.gif
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If your Sim is level 10 in the Mixology skill and has some beetle nuggets in their inventory, they can make a new cocktail: Beetle Juice :p

If your Sims woohoos in a bush, they might get some bits and pieces!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    If your Sim is level 10 in the Mixology skill and has some beetle nuggets in their inventory, they can make a new cocktail: Beetle Juice :p

If your Sims woohoos in a bush, they might get some bits and pieces!

Ooh. I have heard that if sim drinks 3 beetle juices in row, they'll turn into a ghost with a unique death trait.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    If your Sim gets a phone call from their parent asking them to visit, and they promise to do it tomorrow -- then, if you actually DO, the parents will go "Aww! You actually came! We love you!". It's guilt-trippy but adorable.
    Brian_Z over on Carl's Guide has put together a really informative thread on fizzy drinks:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31490.0
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    On the map screen when you click the eco meter that displays the colored lines around the neighborhoods indicating the eco state, you can also see a little icon over each lot that shows that specific lot’s eco footprint. This is how you get a whole neighborhood to trend the way you want. By changing the footprint of each lot.
    b496sFQ.jpg
    [/quote]
    Apparently if one of your generators gets completely ruined (charred black) it is STILL an active electrical hazard.

Meaning if you don't get it replaced pronto there is a high chance it will catch fire. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Apparently if one of your generators gets completely ruined (charred black) it is STILL an active electrical hazard.

Meaning if you don't get it replaced pronto there is a high chance it will catch fire. :#

I saw it happen on a let's play I watched lol. So bad xD
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't know if this has always been there but i have only noticed yesterday:

For example when i was placing a museum from the library in my world, i noticed that now i can choose if i want it to be a museum or a residential lot. The same happened when i placed a bar, a nightclub, a library and so on... it means that i can now take any of this lots from the library and use it as a house.
    I didn't know that even disabling npc nap voting my neighbours still vote for my neighbourhood nap. I was expecting my vote to win and yet 'back to old times' won.

About 'back to old times': with this nap cellphone reception gets bad. Sometimes my sim can't make a call and sometimes my sim gets angry because of bad reception.
    telmarina wrote: »
    I didn't know that even disabling npc nap voting my neighbours still vote for my neighbourhood nap. I was expecting my vote to win and yet 'back to old times' won.

About 'back to old times': with this nap cellphone reception gets bad. Sometimes my sim can't make a call and sometimes my sim gets angry because of bad reception.

It's not just that NAP. My Sim has gotten the bad cell phone reception even when not on an off-the-grid lot. And I've yet to play with that NAP. I didn't know that about disabling the NPC voting, though.
    Why are so many books spamming in my sim's inventory? 😱
    edited June 2020
    I didn't know that disabling the eco footprint doesn't pause the eco footprint, it brings all neighbourhoods in all worlds to neutral state instead.

At least that's what happened to me... i spent a couple of hours trashing and setting one neighbourhood per world to be industrial. Then i disabled the eco footprint in options and it set all my neighbourhoods to neutral...
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I didn't know that disabling the eco footprint doesn't pause the eco footprint, it brings all neighbourhoods in all worlds to neutral state instead.

At least that's what happened to me... i spent a couple of hours trashing and setting one neighbourhood per world to be industrial. Then i disabled the eco footprint in options and it set all my neighbourhoods to neutral...

Well read your first sentence again.
    You disable the eco footprint. It doesn’t say paus eco footprint.
    English isn’t my native language but I’m pretty sure disable something means that it’s not working anymore :)
    SignatureSparkly.gif