Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2020
    Krueger wrote: »
    Here’s an unpopular opinion: I hate it when gamechangers criticize The Sims.

May I ask why? I don't have any opinion on the gamechangers, so I promise I'm not asking this to start a fight haha. Just curious.

It always feels like they’re just doing it to gain popularity, and for me it’s never fun listening to people complain when I’m excited about something new.

I also don’t like it because I know some people on the forum will start complaining about the same thing. “Gamechanger X said it in their video, so it’s obviously true.”

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Iota wrote: »
    I like that Morgyn exists and is non-binary. If I'm honest, I've been using they/them pronouns for them since I first saw them without anyone having to tell me. And as a non-binary person myself, I actually really like the gender customisation (though the ability to pick pronouns would be awesome!)

I soooo wish we could pick pronouns!!!!

If we were able to pick pronouns I'd be so dang happy. My simself has masculine pronouns since it's the best I can do, but I still get a little frown when the game gives me a popup with he/him. I understand they/them isn't a thing in many languages, so I propose they leave a little fill in section where people can type their own thing (like the name). It can be hidden by default, but if you click into the gender menu further, there can be an option you can select to type your own, and the game will fill it in.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I love finding townies with weird outfits.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited June 2020
    Lots of talk about Game Changers, here is my pet peeve/unpopular opinion:

I dislike when they have to put their faces with weird facial impression on the "cover" of the video. I usually skip the video when that happens. They , at least the most popular ones, have so many followers, do they really need a clickbait like that. (Many times it is just that)
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I did see a mod somewhere that removed pronouns entirely, but this was a blanket “they/them” for *every* Sim. Being able to pick pronouns for each Sim would be a better solution. Forcing any pronouns on a Sim would be silly, if the Sim was born female and identified as such, they should be able to use feminine pronouns rather than have something forced on them.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I love finding townies with weird outfits.
    Me too. I wish there were more of them in my saves. I know a lot of people want townies to wear styled outfits from CAS, but it would be a borefest for me. :sleeping:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    They , at least the most popular ones, have so many followers, do they really need a clickbait like that. (Many times it is just that)

@Ellupelluellu yeeees. *cough* lilsimsie *cough*
    I might get hate for that but it's unpopular opinions so wth.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I wanted to buy Eco Lifestyle but now I changed my mind after seeing in-depth reviews and gameplay and I think it might be the worst expansion pack release for The Sims 4 so far.

It's definitely not the worst but one of the buggiest packs to date for sure. It's actually one the more involved and in depth packs!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    I did see a mod somewhere that removed pronouns entirely, but this was a blanket “they/them” for *every* Sim. Being able to pick pronouns for each Sim would be a better solution. Forcing any pronouns on a Sim would be silly, if the Sim was born female and identified as such, they should be able to use feminine pronouns rather than have something forced on them.

I have seen this mod, but I’d rather have the option of she/her and he/him than only they/them for everyone. Hopefully someday a mod will be created to allow us to select pronouns!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    They , at least the most popular ones, have so many followers, do they really need a clickbait like that. (Many times it is just that)

Would have to agree, she seems to have the weirdest faces in her thumbnails. And I seen a pattern where her face is "WT F" , in all honestly, I don't like that. But, not too big of a deal.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I miss the color wheel. I liked being able to use my favorite items in every build and make them look completely different just by using a different texture. Mainly I missed being able to use the cheapest flooring and wall options and using the color wheel to change it to something nice and elegant looking without spending the simoleons.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member
    I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I miss the color wheel. I liked being able to use my favorite items in every build and make them look completely different just by using a different texture. Mainly I missed being able to use the cheapest flooring and wall options and using the color wheel to change it to something nice and elegant looking without spending the simoleons.

Hey I do too.
    edited June 2020
    *deleted* (no need to fight against windmills)
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Not sure if this would be considered an unpopular opinion but I hate using the terrain manipulation. After they added all the huge rocks and boulders from the worlds in debug I just use those around raised foundations.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    1. I don't care for nor like Bella Goth's storyline at all. I wish people would give it a rest with her.

2. I deleted all of the premades in my game because I am sick of seeing the same ones over and over again.

3. Don't understand the love and hype for cow plants...
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Would have to agree, she seems to have the weirdest faces in her thumbnails. And I seen a pattern where her face is "WT F" , in all honestly, I don't like that. But, not too big of a deal.

Honestly the thing that bothers me the most about LilSimsie is the way she puts down her work when you can tell she knows it's good. Builds a very nice room while commenting "THis is sooooo terrible I can't handle how bad it is" type thing. I do watch her review/reaction videos but her build ones I stopped mainly for that reason. Maybe it doesn't bother others haha, but I feel like either 1) If it's so bad that even she doesn't like it, why should I? or 2) It's fishing for compliments.. hoping to get a bunch of comments like "It's not bad! You're work is so good" haha. But there is something I like about her too, so yeah I'll def. watch some of her vids. SHe's my 50-50 one that I go back and forth on haha! She seems like she'd be a nice person, anyways.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want the next sims game to still have a cartoony look. Please don't go uncanny valley like sims 3
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    It's definitely not the worst but one of the buggiest packs to date for sure. It's actually one the more involved and in depth packs!

@alan650111 A pack with so many inconsistencies like for ex. windows and wallpapers influence the climate but Sims' behaviours don't is not in-depth. It's just lazy.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    Extremely unpopular opinion here:
    EL is a pack of lots of bugs, as IS the patches before , and after it. I agree on that.

But the unpopular part: They have been working at their livingrooms (or home offices full with figurines, what ever) , for the EP and patch and bug fixes, it is most likely different , that what it would of been , if they had been working all this time at actual workplace of theirs.

*runs and hides*

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    But the unpopular part: They have been working at their livingrooms (or home offices full with figurines, what ever) , for the EP and patch and bug fixes, it is most likely different , that what it would of been , if they had been working all this time at actual workplace of theirs.

*runs and hides*

Also can't imagine all the equipment they really need can be hauled to their homes. Especially the devs. It's not like the game engine the game is built off of can be easily accessible on some laptop. Or maybe it can I have no clue, I'm just guessing they would need a pretty powerful rig to run the software's they need and 3 monitors I'm sure minimum. Add that with not everyone has the space or lives in small apartments I'm sure it was a stressful transition.
  • ZinomanZinoman Posts: 14 New Member
    I don't really care for free babies, they are fun and much easier to take care of than toddlers currently and I'd like it to stay that way lol. Also I get that owning cars makes the game more realistic but I see no other use for them than being a visual effect in sims4. But I'd want my co-workers to pick me up to work again with a car though. I liked seeing the evolution of the ride as you got promoted.

And there are more than enough social interactions in the game, especially since most of them are the same "talk about x" type of thing. Rather than having tons of those I wish they'd have only one talk/joke option and then the images in the speech bubbles would tell the player the (random) topic. I hate going through the social menus just to find the one specific thing because there are too many similar option...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Outdoor retreat is actually a pack i use a lot. I like it cause Granite Falls can be anything.

I've had it as a religious getaway with a big church and an area for meditation and yoga; as a winter retreat with a cottage restaurant and a spa; as a place where my rich elders spend their retirement, in an endless vacation...
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    I don't miss the open world of TS3. I hated having to sit and wait for textures to load

I never play elders. I use family play with aging off and age them up when I'm ready. Once they get to be elders, I stick them all in the same house and turning aging on for that house only and let them go while I'm at work so they die of old age.

O.R. and Granite Falls is underrated. The scenery is beautiful and I grew up camping so having my sim family sit around a campfire together and tell stories or sing is awesome for me

I hate the supernaturals. I bought vampires only for the Goth clothing and environment.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Very unpopular opinion:
    Im actually gratefull that sims 4 was made so that it could get all kinds of players, including those with cheap laptops as mine. Im running all dlcs with no performance issues at all. By this time, in previous iterations, i would be choosing which expansions i could have and which i had to give up on playing. It's fortunate to me and it's a smart move from ea to expand their players base, business wise.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    Very unpopular opinion:
    Im actually gratefull that sims 4 was made so that it could get all kinds of players, including those with cheap laptops as mine. Im running all dlcs with no performance issues at all. By this time, in previous iterations, i would be choosing which expansions i could have and which i had to give up on playing. It's fortunate to me and it's a smart move from ea to expand their players base, business wise.

After Sims 3 pretty much bugged out my computer, I'm thankful they made Sims 4 more 'engine friendly'. I don't care if they cut out the open world. As long as it runs I'm happy.

Unpopular opinion: I mostly confine sims to their home because outings are boring - restaurants are broken, townies are wearing hideous clothes, and now sims are stealing sinks. I avoid that mad world drama and I'm happy for my sims to stay at home.

Also, The Sims 4 would be a really good game if it wasn't for the bugs. I also don't believe it should be up to the modding community to fix bugs like a decaying industrial bar in EL, or switching cold/hot outfits in Seasons. They are firing new content at us and piling the bugs up without properly fixing them and then moving on.
    giphy.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top