Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is trash stuck in my sims inventory.. (UPDATE)

well i have to master controller mod installed and i did the thing where you reset everything in the town. i also like switched active households then back to the old one. But when i went back to try to take it out, it WORKED!

im not sure if that's the cure or if my game unglitched but its worth a try.

Title.

does anyone know how to get it out. i cant click it or drag it :/

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2013
    Drag it out of your inventory and place it in your house. There, you can have one of your Sims to clean it up.
  • iluvhn123iluvhn123 Posts: 146 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i said i cant click or drag it
  • Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have that problem too.

When I created my whole family in Sim version, trash got stuck in my Grandma's inventory and I can't get it out. :x
  • TucsonRosieTucsonRosie Posts: 310 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm assuming you've already tried shutting down your game, evicting and replacing in the home, etc., etc. None that worked for me. Is it that strange mail or is it simply trash picked up while snooping or cleaning?

No matter. I never got a satisfactory response on our issue and ended up starting a new game, sad to say. However, since we installed the NRaas mods, we have never had the problem occur again. I would suggest you try that, if you haven't, and let it do a clean up overnight (Sims night)before you do anything radical. Also, on the NRaas mods (recommend Overwatch, Story Progression and Master Controller, there are further capabilities for cleaning, resetting, etc., that you can do by world, lot or sim.

Hope this was helpful and wish you success. It's very frustrating.
  • Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'd like an answer to this, too. I have one Sim who has five grand pianos in his inventory and I can't sell them or get rid of them.
  • BrianasteinmannBrianasteinmann Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim picked up a pile of discarded food and I can’t drag it out to a trash or click it to throw it away is there a way to like get it out of her inventory?
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    There's an option in MC that lets you purge items in inventory
    Can't remember which one it is though better summon the resident expert @igazor
    or I'll look when I boot up in a minute and come back to confirm :)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    edited June 2020
    click on the floor of your lot (not your sim, the floor) -> nraas -> MC (the one with the orange circle) -> object stats -> inventory (or family if its stuck in your family inventory) click on the object to flush. (purge)

but for objects that are worth money, it's worth trying SELL ITEM first. same thing

click on floor -> nraas -> MC -> sell item
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Not sure I really understand this mindset of stuck garbage making players immediately think of @igazor. I mean, how flattering is that supposed to be? :p

@Brianasteinmann - In case this isn't clear from context, MC is short for MasterController which is an NRaas mod. And given that this is a TS3 thread on the Sims 3 area of the forum, we do have to assume that is the game you are playing. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top